What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Akss

wildlife-concept-hungry-baby-goat-kid-approaching-full-udder-mother-goat-little-goat-kid-suckl...jpg

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Hey fellas, ran a thorough flush the day before yesterday. Seems like the pH drifts up over time, and I'd been trying to correct it for a week or two with lower pH water. The drainage holes looked "murky", even when dried. Darker roots , if any showing. After the flush, medium is much "fluffier" in appearance and vibrant, white roots almost immediately poked through the drainage holes. I've been using half as much Espoma to top-dress , only 1t per 1/2 gallon pot every ten days. Ppms were on point, but the pH kept drifting up, despite the drastic correction with as low as 5.9 water. I'm thinking a Ca buildup over time, or maybe root exudates? I use recharge every week or so, so microbes and fungi should be present, and readily uptake the exudates. I have also omitted worm castings in my mix for this small batch, to eliminate more variables. Still trying to get to be flush- free, but it seems to be more complicated than I anticipated. Much more challenging, in fact, than the minor inconvenience of the flush itself. Since I went down that rabbit hole, I have to at least attempt to understand why it works.... I'm going to try to flush on day 9 and re- amend on day 10. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:afternoon campers...wish i had some thoughts to share on that org,but never grown in that fashion...except to say sometimes when it's cold and the medium stays too wet it can cause the medium to become more acidic generally...

any who...off to the grow store in a bit,then to the bike shop,they already got my wheels relaced and the brass nipples installed...so a wee little loop around town to grab stuff,then garden chores

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
IMG_20220112_180848992.jpg
IMG_20220112_180915085.jpg
i know you guys are dying to see the re-laced wheels that barely look any different than they did before....so brassy...

IMG_20220112_180814841.jpg
IMG_20220112_180826491.jpg

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
What ph are you shooting for OMan? If you are using tap water it might be the water companies buffers raising the ph.