What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

7 Crosses of Sherb Cream Pie

NEED 4 SEED

Staging Up to Bloom

View attachment 18860682

I have separated our girls into 2 cloners. The cloner on the right has all of the fastest rooters and will hit the bloom room soon. Our second cloner on the left will happen 2 weeks after the first. Rooting speed is certainly related to overall vigor, but doesn’t tell you if the plant is going to get you high. So don’t get too concerned with a difficult start.

Our Line Up:

View attachment 18860684

We had 3 individuals that did not produce a rooted clone. Unfortunately our only Skunkberry failed and the Strawberry Runtz Pies were feeble from the start. Of course the SBRPs not having drainage for the first week did not help. Meh

Anyone that doesn’t get into this cycle will be added to the next roundup a couple months from now. This is obviously less than ideal, but I really want to see everyone bloom.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al
Yes I do this all the time. Slow growers get a second chance one run later if the line is interesting enough.

als_weed

Day 7 Bloom Update

Unit:

7XSBC075.jpg

In just a week, you can see the vigor is ridiculous in WAGP1. Aeroponics by itself creates the greatest growth rates of any methodology and is just rocket fuel for this girl.

Data:

7XSBC076.jpg

Our targets for nutrition are 350 ppm and a pH that varies between 5.3 - 6.3. In the notes column you will see any relevant actions taken. Our measurements are taken at >3 hours after the reservoir has been topped off with RO water every day.

In aeroponics, you MUST measure frequently since everything happens so fast, both the good and the bad. And all you need is bad once and it’s ugly!

In our notation, the circled s means that the unit was sprayed with al’s Super Feed N Kill Foliar Spray. You can find the recipe in the All al’s tech thread in the als_weed forum if you are interested.

Reverse Angle:

7XSBC077.jpg

Everyone is that lovely high growth green I love to see for the next 21 days!

-al

als_weed

Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

7XSBC078.jpg

Lots of explosive growth for 2 weeks of bloom. Our WAGP1 row is outpacing everyone as expected. The plants are growing at optimum with no evidence of burn.

Data:

7XSBC079.jpg

The plants are hungrily eating every other day. They continue to soak up foliar sprays every third day. On day 14 the unit got 1 cup of Aero Tea to boost all of our beneficials and give the plants a slight nitro boost as they hit peak stretch.

Post 1st Prune & Thin:

7XSBC080.jpg

On day 14 I pruned off shaded bottom branches and thinned main branches by taking off up 3 bottom subbranches. I don’t remove leaves at this point, unless they are shading and can’t be tucked. The intent is to concentrate the plant’s energy in the bud layer, rather than on things that will be just cut off later or make popcorn.

-al

als_weed

Day 21 Update

Unit:

7XSBC081.jpg
7XSBC081

WAGP1 is just outgrowing everyone.

Data:

7XSBC082.jpg

Lots of hungry girls, as they eat almost every day. On day 21 they got their first reservoir change. This gives us a chance to remove waste, update all the beneficials, and alter the N/PK balance. Since we are now slowing stretch, the plants don’t need as much N in the mix.

Reverse:

7XSBC083.jpg

The plants have been ‘Mohawked’. This means we have strapped all the branches to the trellis – flattening them into a Mohawk. This control puts all the budsites in maximum light and airflow.

Back:

7XSBC084.jpg

Bottom branches and selected leaves have been removed. I will leave a ‘tutu’ of leaves on the bottom that will be our foliar spray target for the remainder of the grow. This lets us force feed the girls much further into bloom while enhancing pest and mold control – without taking a chance of bud rot with direct sprays.

Short Garden and Experiment Update:

-al

Latest posts

Latest posts