What's new

5400w without touchin the walls

Hey all,

Just wanted to show my little hobby. The room was nice so I did it without touching the walls.

Its 5400w total in lights. 9 600w Lumateks in Daystar ACs. Solarmax lamps.
I have a 12" MAX pulling through a ghetto manifold I made which pulls through 3 rows of 3 lights per row.

This room was supposed to be sealed w/ Co2 as I have a Sentinel 10burner generator w/ a Green Air SPC-1 in the room, but never got around to hooking up the other side of my light cooling setup so all 3 rows are currently pulling air from the room. 24k window AC (not currently needed)

System is Ebb&Gro with lucas formula. (hygrozyme and piranha added once). Res has never been changed.

Strain is mostly Super Skunk.

Way overvegged under a 8 lamp t5 w/ mites. Fixed with AVID before going under the HIDs. Begining of bloom was stressful for them as I ripped them out of KORD 5.5 (tearing many roots) and then burnt them on full strength lucas w/ the HIDs. I think it was just shock to them to go from 432 floro to 5400w hps.

They have recovered and here are the pics! I have no idea what day they are on, but i'm guessing a little past 4-5 weeks. I really need to start keeping track of this.

Any input, comments, suggestions is appreciated.

L

LolaGal

I'm suspicious....

If I had a set up like that and buds like that, I bet I would know exactly what day they were on.... :D

Nice room and buddage bud-dy

Thanks!

I started w/ a 250w hps in a dresser.. toyed with 2k in a 4x8 tent (too hot) ..and then pulled off a few 1800w in the same tent.

realized I was wasting the bedroom and should just use the whole thing for bloom. I didnt want to ruin the brand new ceiling so I built a structure out of 2x4 and 4x4 boards to support the lights.

I was going for simple here.
I say..let em hang.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Damn bro, those strains sound all too familiar. Theres only one area i know of where "purple lemon" cuts/beans circulate. Let me guess, you also do or have done the lemon G? Those affy mangos look nice man. Very, very resinous plant. Im still working on dialing it in tho. I cant get it to yield like i have seen it do before, and it seems to do better when topped or when flowering large plants.. Why dont you enable your pm's so we can chat.... Ive been waiting to see what the bullrider is capable of. I heard shes def a yielder with good quality.

Lola, ya really think so? My res seems great...ph adjusters have never been added. I mix to 1.8 EC..add back RO water (put me at 1.0 EC or so), then I addback nute. Works good because it keeps my ph moving between 5.5 - 6.1.

I've always been a strict lucas listener, but would like to see side by side of lucas vs something new like dutch master gold or Master A/B.

I title this thread 5400w without touchin the walls, I should have titled it 5400w without touching a damn thing! I pretty much walk into this room to look..and the only work I do is hit a switch to pump RO into the drum.. then addback micro/bloom. Done deal...really not looking forward to the solo trim.

Smurf.
Cant pm yet due to low post count. I like to swap names regularly. Feel free to hit me up once I can receive pm. I had a feeling a few of those strains would arise suspicion out of ya and/or anyone else with em. Your setup is sick..inspirational.

The BR I've got seems really sativa ish.. I've not like the look of her compared to all of the SS and other few, but I'm sure that'll change late bloom. Its definately quality smoke and I hope it yeilds, but how long does it take?

L

LolaGal

I'm no hydro expert, don't listen to me :D

I'd just change it on general hygiene principals if it was easy to do. But that's just me. I don't like those sneaky diseases.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Well you pm me when u get enough posts. Its pretty rare i run into someone local on here. That would be pretty crazy if turned out to be.

boroboro

"Way Overvegged"
"burned"
"shock"
"no idea what day they are on"

Big k+ to you PonicallyMade. Comments like that, and a grow like this looks, I love the combination. It really gives hope to a forgetful and disorganized person like myself!

John,

I use a 12" Max Can Fan for the 3 rows. I have a 8" Max on a Can 100.

boroboro,

Appreciate the reply. I work 50+ hours a week and pay this grow little attention so its definately doable. Its what hydroponics is for.

Now, I should have pruned these ladies up more, but I'm lazy and I always get itchy bumps on my skin when I work that closely with them so I didnt this round..cept a little in veg. (had to make them dunkable in avid). I imagine my yeild will suffer compared to if I would prune em. This is my 1st run in this room (with 9 lights anyhow), and most likely will be the last. I need to move soon.

I tie them a little to spread them out.

___

I am experiencing a bit of bleaching up top - only on some buds. I raised the lights up a little to prevent this but I wonder if it'd be worth it to just keep em close and snip off the top little bit of bleach white bud.

I'm hoping to post more pics as this get closer to the chop.

peace
pm

Hey,

appreciate all of the feedback y'all..

The room is around 10'x15' ..10'x'12 of which is actually where the plants sit.

Here are some shots without the lights on. As you can see I'm experiencing quite a bit of yellowing..which has me worried because I think they still have a bit to go. My EC is currently 1.4, but I'm going to bump it back up to 2.0 or so and see if the yellowing slows.

Any more feedback comments is appreciated.

Peace
PM

opt1c

Veteran
try adding a lil calmag+ to the lucas formula with the ro water or a bit more micro... should help em green right up