What's new

jayr1787

Not Coots mix, it's a mix of bagged soil and compost..lol, I'm reusing the soil and mixed in some Craft Blend 3-5-2 and 4-4-4 Gaia Green couple weeks ago. The Craft Blend has this stuff in it..
  1. Thorvin Premium Kelp Meal
  2. Black Soldier Fly Insect Frass
  3. Alfalfa Meal
  4. BuildASoil Organic High P Bran
  5. Camelina Meal
  6. Crustacean Meal
  7. Fish Meal
  8. 3x Fish Bone Meal
  9. Soybean Meal
  10. Sul-Po-Mag (Also Known as K-Mag or Langbeinite)
  11. Organic Malted Barley
  12. Volcanic Tuff
  13. Micronized Basalt - Blue Ridge Meta
  14. Gypsum
  15. Oyster Flour
The all purpose Gaia Green has this in it..

Feather meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, natural rock phosphate, fishbone meal, mineralized phosphate, potassium sulphate, insect frass, basalt rock dust, humic acid, gypsum, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, greensand.

I mixed both at half ratios so as to not over do it.

I'm really tempted to do a grow with your inputs exclusively, for future reference. Probably all the same if we look close enough.
Add 10% of charged biochar to that mix and you'll be gravy

Week 4

And a couple cups of worm castings 💪🏽
I've never charged bio char before and have maybe a gallon (bag) of the stuff, the FAA was given to me and it's really thick. I'm thinking maybe a teaspoon of that to a quart of water and let the char sit in that for a day?

jayr1787

I'm not sure what faa is.. I would soak the biochar in a big bin with compost, worm castings and maybe some organic flour such as malted barley flour or alfalfa meal ground finely. Soak that for 24 hours and mix it in your soil and you'll be happy as a clam. You could also add fish hydrosolate and lactobacillus serum

jayr1787

I'm not sure what faa is.. I would soak the biochar in a big bin with compost, worm castings and maybe some organic flour such as malted barley flour or alfalfa meal ground finely. Soak that for 24 hours and mix it in your soil and you'll be happy as a clam. You could also add fish hydrosolate and lactobacillus serum
The reason we charge it is so it doesn't charge in our soil while we are growing and rob our plants of nutrients. You could mix it in your soil a few weeks ahead of time and water the soil with alfalfa compost tea with a fish hydrosolate and hydrated kelp meal worm casting slurry. All will be enough to charge the biochar. Don't forget a good high brix basalt rock dust.

Week 4

Fish Amino Acid. Basically fish hydrosolate. In KNF Korean Natural Farming that process is called Fish Amino Acids. Whole fish decomposed in a bucket with indigenous microbes and some molasses.

Sounds like we're marinating the biochar in a dry rub?

jayr1787

Fish Amino Acid. Basically fish hydrosolate. In KNF Korean Natural Farming that process is called Fish Amino Acids. Whole fish decomposed in a bucket with indigenous microbes and some molasses.

Sounds like we're marinating the biochar in a dry rub?
Add some water to hydrate it as well I like to add as much compost tea water to it as possible

Week 4

Add some water to hydrate it as well I like to add as much compost tea water to it as possible
What you explained above is funny because that's exactly what I did..lol, dumped some biochar in the soil without pre charging it. So I'm thinking this 2nd run of the soil will be even better. I'm still gonna pre charge this new bag of bio char I have for the next batch of soil here in the near future. Thanks for the help.

jayr1787

autoflower harvest total weight combined
Screenshot_20240117_164013_Google.jpg

Week 4

Hell yeah! Keep an eye on them the first 48 hours
I took a shortcut on the moisture monitoring, hope it doesn't bite me in the ass but it's endorsed by some experienced growers. Ecowitts. They recommend to keep the percentage on these wifi soil moisture meters at 35%. If I can dial my blumats to this I think I'll be golden. The cool thing I like about the Ecowitts is the instant monitoring off my cell phone anywhere I'm at.

jayr1787

I'm home sick for another week, got bored and ordered that Blumat Moisture Meter. Gets here Wednesday. I take it you can leave it in the soil like the carrots?
Yep I leave mine in with the cap on. It's not waterproof so don't get the digital part wet.

jayr1787

I didn't end up popping seeds. I think I will take all of January off... I got plenty of weed lol....it's the not growing part thats killing me. I really wanna pop more seeds lol.

Week 4

Hope you are resting and getting better.
Thanks, feeling a lot better. They won't let me come back to work for another week..lol, fine with me.

You pop them in party cups or straight into the bed? I had a problem a few years back with my seedlings dying planting them straight into the soil. Something about the soil didn't want anything to do with seeds. So I started the party cup routine. Been working out for me since.