What's new

Cactus Squatter

Those are gonna be some nice fat colas! I'm torn between running photos or autos again. I like the extra heat from running the lights 20-4 but I don't like spending the extra $ on electricity lol. I can't wait to see those fatties week 9. Nice job with those ladies cactus squatter
I really can’t wait for the pheno 2 to see how it finishes taste and smell wise. It is such a crazy artificial purple grape drink kind of smell on it.

jayr1787

I dug a hole in a couple spots and to my surprise the bed is watered to field capacity all the way down to the bottom. It was really easy digging too. Seen some earthworms at the bottom...I put in african nightcrawler poop might be them or regular American ones lol. 🤔 I'm going to cut the soil with fresh compost and rice hulls and send it. Seeds directly in the bed. I think I'm running photos again tho.

jayr1787

Would cutting it with a well draining media be an idea? like coco coir?
I have mixed coco in my medium on half of the bed b3cause I had a bunch from mushroom farming 🍄. I failed miserably at growing mushrooms. It works but I have about 50lbs of rice hulls available to use. Coco also holds salts pests and disease so you have to be careful if you plan On running the beds for a long time it's something to keep an eye on.

jayr1787

bLUMATS DOING THEIR JOB!
Definitely made a big difference rather than me guessing how often and how much to water. I'm setup now for the long haul. And pulling 5 to 7lbs a harvest is pretty sweet. I can shut down at any time and be well off for awhile

Week 4

I need to make more lactobacillus serum soon. Preferably when it's warmer and outside lol.
If that's the milk stuff, you can make that anytime. I have some made up and it works wonders for naturally killing off outdoor pet odors, I didn't notice much for my indoor grows, not really sure what to look for. I think the stuff helps break down raw materials in the soil?

jayr1787

Ph balance microbes and microbe food also carbohydrates as simple sugars in the molasses. Boosts the microbes already in the soil too. Helps get new amendments cycling in the medium. Makes good compost starter and compost tea base. It's great stuff but when you make it yourself it's super potent. They sell watered down shit

Week 4

Ph balance microbes and microbe food also carbohydrates as simple sugars in the molasses. Boosts the microbes already in the soil too. Helps get new amendments cycling in the medium. Makes good compost starter and compost tea base. It's great stuff but when you make it yourself it's super potent. They sell watered down shit
PXL_20230909_183917706.jpg this is what I had, didn't really think I'd use it as much but I'm down to 1/3 left. But...now that you mentioned it as a compost tea base.... Wow...might have to make some more now.

Week 4

I got three 2o gallon pots going, just repotted yesterday and thinking I'll veg these guys for two week before flipping. (they've been going for 3 already in one gallon pots) and my question is, do you think these pots have enough juice to finish? Do you top dress your pots when you flip?

jayr1787

I got three 2o gallon pots going, just repotted yesterday and thinking I'll veg these guys for two week before flipping. (they've been going for 3 already in one gallon pots) and my question is, do you think these pots have enough juice to finish? Do you top dress your pots when you flip?
Absolutely should be enough soil for coots mix. I would use compost teas with alfalfa to boost your soil and Kickstart it. And can't go wrong with a fishbone meal topdress before flower. I use biofish meal by down to earth right at the transition period water in with a compost lactobacillus tea. Add worm castings and kelp meal to your top layer prior to watering in to really Kickstart flower.

Week 4

Absolutely should be enough soil for coots mix. I would use compost teas with alfalfa to boost your soil and Kickstart it. And can't go wrong with a fishbone meal topdress before flower. I use biofish meal by down to earth right at the transition period water in with a compost lactobacillus tea. Add worm castings and kelp meal to your top layer prior to watering in to really Kickstart flower.
Not Coots mix, it's a mix of bagged soil and compost..lol, I'm reusing the soil and mixed in some Craft Blend 3-5-2 and 4-4-4 Gaia Green couple weeks ago. The Craft Blend has this stuff in it..
  1. Thorvin Premium Kelp Meal
  2. Black Soldier Fly Insect Frass
  3. Alfalfa Meal
  4. BuildASoil Organic High P Bran
  5. Camelina Meal
  6. Crustacean Meal
  7. Fish Meal
  8. 3x Fish Bone Meal
  9. Soybean Meal
  10. Sul-Po-Mag (Also Known as K-Mag or Langbeinite)
  11. Organic Malted Barley
  12. Volcanic Tuff
  13. Micronized Basalt - Blue Ridge Meta
  14. Gypsum
  15. Oyster Flour
The all purpose Gaia Green has this in it..

Feather meal, alfalfa meal, bone meal, blood meal, glacial rock dust, natural rock phosphate, fishbone meal, mineralized phosphate, potassium sulphate, insect frass, basalt rock dust, humic acid, gypsum, kelp meal, oyster shell flour, greensand.

I mixed both at half ratios so as to not over do it.

I'm really tempted to do a grow with your inputs exclusively, for future reference. Probably all the same if we look close enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts