What's new

$229 for 800w LED.....how bad can it be?

driver77

I see that. I could use another couple in veg tent.. have 3 2000w aglex going but just using cobb bulbs in them
They're back up to $99...was a steal at $44. I picked up one of those updayday ua5000 for around $180 on sale a while back...not bad 500w of decent light for under $200. I want another deal like this light!:confused:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This one is a good deal for 360w LED for just 90$. Get 2 for 180$=720 watts .. It doesn't say what type of diodes but there made by Sanan.. It does have IR/UV diodes. Links don't work. If you search for the name it will come up.

WANTYE GF3600-US
Specification:
Diodes: Sanan ?.
Power Consumption: 360W+/-5%(3A120VAC/1.5A240VAC)
Input power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, aluminum housing, and thermal sealant power driver
Light Dimension(inch): 17.7’’(L) x 27.5’’(W) X 2.4’’(H)
Light Net Weight: 13.2 lbs
Light Spectrum: 380nm~800nm full spectrum. BEST FOR FLOWERING AND FRUITING PLANTS.
Recommended for: Grow tents Grow rooms Large indoor grows Commercial grows Full-cycle growing from seedling to flowering

Project1.png

Last edited:

UGDoCV

This one is a good deal for 360w LED for just 90$. Get 2 for 180$=720 watts .. It doesn't say what type of diodes but there made by Sanan.. It does have IR/UV diodes. Links don't work. If you search for the name it will come up.

WANTYE GF3600-US
Specification:
Input power: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz, aluminum housing, and thermal sealant power driver
Light Spectrum: 380nm~800nm full spectrum. BEST FOR FLOWERING AND FRUITING PLANTS.
Recommended for: Grow tents Grow rooms Large indoor grows Commercial grows Full-cycle growing from seedling to flowering

View attachment 18875578

I WANTYE Light! Lol...

Thegreengrower64

That's a horrible ugly light. You all seem to be going for cheap...not a good idea. You buy cheap you buy crap. How long will those diodes last.? Can you trust the specs etc..?
Your led light is the plants source of growth, so don't scrimp out. A decent quality unit , and there's 100s out there, doesn't cost a lot.

driver77

That's a horrible ugly light. You all seem to be going for cheap...not a good idea. You buy cheap you buy crap. How long will those diodes last.? Can you trust the specs etc..?
Your led light is the plants source of growth, so don't scrimp out. A decent quality unit , and there's 100s out there, doesn't cost a lot.
lol....we like ugly around here!
Did you bother to take the time to see what we are growing under our cheap light? And how well they grow under it??
We all also own "decent quality units" and compare them to our cheap light throughout this thread. So bottom line is...you sir are wrong. In this day and age cheap lights are now available that will grow just as good as a top of the line high dollar fixture. Grab a seat and scroll back through this thread for an adventure in cheap lighting.

driver77

WANTYE GF3600-US
Specification:

View attachment 18875578
Interesting light...they went wayyy red with the spectrum! I noticed they avoided a par map. But for the price you could get a few to even it out. Might pick one up for a 3x3 to see how it does.....that spectrum has my attention.

Last edited:

Thegreengrower64

lol....we like ugly around here!
Did you bother to take the time to see what we are growing under our cheap light? And how well they grow under it??
We all also own "decent quality units" and compare them to our cheap light throughout this thread. So bottom line is...you sir are wrong. In this day and age cheap lights are now available that will grow just as good as a top of the line high dollar fixture. Grab a seat and scroll back through this thread for an adventure in cheap lighting.
Didn't say they wouldn't grow, any 1/2decent light can manage to grow a plant. My point was with all these cheap leds available now, you have to question everything about them, efficency numbers, authenticity of diodes ( lots of fake lm301b diodes on most of these boards) warranty, the build of said unit.
So, yes, cheaper units will grow. But are you getting what you expect to get.

driver77

Didn't say they wouldn't grow, any 1/2decent light can manage to grow a plant. My point was with all these cheap leds available now, you have to question everything about them, efficency numbers, authenticity of diodes ( lots of fake lm301b diodes on most of these boards) warranty, the build of said unit.
So, yes, cheaper units will grow. But are you getting what you expect to get.
Can't argue with that...but thats the point of a cheap light. If cheap enough no need to worry about warranty or diode brand, just spectrum. We got very lucky with the light the thread was based on as far as spectrum, although we have never figured out what brand diodes are, they work great.

driver77

Little offtop, I have a cheap LEDs myself. Do you recommend turning IR/red LEDs only in flower? It's 2x120w in 2x4.

I paid 85 Euro for those, quality is decent. Not sure if worth current price.
The problem with running ir in veg is it will make plants elongate more. I personally run it all through the plants life but I have uva also...if you run uva with it, it will get the advantage of accelerated photosynthesis without stem elongation with added benefits of uva. I would imagine the amount of ir in your light is a small percentage and I would run it all the time to get the boost....others may feel differently.

Just looked at your light and it says it 240w?? It has uv also...again my personal opinion is run it all the time. Im sure that's not the efficient way to run them...

Last edited:

Piecho

The problem with running ir in veg is it will make plants elongate more. I personally run it all through the plants life but I have uva also...if you run uva with it, it will get the advantage of accelerated photosynthesis without stem elongation with added benefits of uva. I would imagine the amount of ir in your light is a small percentage and I would run it all the time to get the boost....others may feel differently.

Just looked at your light and it says it 240w?? It has uv also...again my personal opinion is run it all the time. Im sure that's not the efficient way to run them...
I do not see any uv chips myselfs. But you should have detailed amount of diodes in the description.

So maybe avoid in first 2-4weeks of veg?

driver77

I do not see any uv chips myselfs. But you should have detailed amount of diodes in the description.

So maybe avoid in first . I would try it both ways if u get the chance to see for yourself what it will do differently.

So maybe avoid in first 2-4weeks of veg?
Im sure most would say ..yes avoid for first few weeks.
I personally would try it both ways to see how the plants respond. There are advantages for ir in veg, but disadvantages also. Only 1 way to find out how your particular light will effect them.

Piecho

Im sure most would say ..yes avoid for first few weeks.
I personally would try it both ways to see how the plants respond. There are advantages for ir in veg, but disadvantages also. Only 1 way to find out how your particular light will effect them.
I can grow full grow with ir this time. Before did turn on in flower only.
What should I keep my attention on and turn off IR if notice particular simptomps?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At 180$ 1 full run would pay for itself 10x over. No one in this thread expected to get the results we got with the other 180$ light. No one knows what diodes were used. No one was expecting to see/get the results we got. Well worth the price paid. Anyone that thinks a high price=Better is very wrong. I don't care what the light looks like at that price.