What's new

2024 US Presidential Election

Who will become next President in U.S. what do you think?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

RobFromTX

Yep, when I was down in Washington State to pick up the van a year and a half ago+, and before that for surgery and follow-ups, they were paying more down there for gasoline and groceries, as well as alcohol in most cases, than I am at home, here in Alaska.

My first trip to whole Foods to get healthy food there before and during the cancer surgery, I was like, "HOLY FUCK!!"

I did find an exquisite bottle of tequila produced by some rock star in Yakima when I went to get the van, and that bottle was fairly priced. It wasn't Sammy Hagars.

And they have the best legal cannabis in the country. Seriously. Its not dried out and shitty like colorados and i think they have to grow organic. Brother Gary hooks me up from time to time

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_143922591.jpg
    IMG_20240606_143922591.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7

moose eater

And they have the best legal cannabis in the country. Seriously. Its not dried out and shitty like colorados and i think they have to grow organic. Brother Gary hooks me up from time to time
When we were there for an extended stay for my cancer surgery, 2 forum members brought me various products as generous gifts; one from his own medical home-grown wares, and the other person brought helpful tidings from the stores/dispensaries nearby his home. None of it bad, though I was inundated with my own extracts, so that dulled the effects sometimes.

And flying out of SeaTac with cannabis is or was more or less a non-issue.

PadawanWarrior

The economy is doing fine. The inflation rate in the United States continues to drop after the entire world was gripped by rapidly rising inflation. Companies are hiring. People are working. Prices are starting to go down.

The border was not closed under trump. People were still coming across the border. Many were also coming across at locations other than legitimate border crossings. That small section of wall trump built was nothing but a giveaway to some contractors that got basically no bid contracts and you know there were kick backs going on. It didn't stop anything as people were climbing over it the next day. It was so poorly built that some of it has already washed away and fallen down. But it did make for good sound bites and keep all the magas happy. Even though it accomplished nothing other than transferring taxpayer money to a lucky few.

The national crime rate has been going down for years. Long before trump was President and continues to do so.

You talk about people being misled yet your post is nothing but the same old talking points many disproven that are repeated over and over on right wing media sites and talking heads. Maybe you were not around at the time but it was a Republican President that granted amnesty to 8 million illegals.

You really shouldn't take what you hear on those right wing sites at face value. It's one big misinformation network spreading the same old regurgitated and disproven nonsense that's been floating around for years.

I've yet to meet a Democrat as brainwashed as so many on the right. "Qanon" is all that needs to be said.
The fact that you are arguing the border was as bad under Trump and that his policies made no difference than Biden's says it all. You my friend have obviously lost your mind.

moose eater

I couldn't handle living with that dark ass rainy weather 8 months a year but its a beautiful place
They get more sun than one might think.

Though the local med grower I referenced who gifted a generous Whitman's Sampler assortment to me/us has worked long and hard to refine his ability to grow outdoors in that more humid climate without being overtaken by molds or fungus.

And Pike Place Market, and specific stops within it, was always a favorite spot for me for going on 50 years now.

xtsho

The fact that you are arguing the border was as bad under Trump and that his policies made no difference than Biden's says it all. You my friend have obviously lost your mind.

I didn't say that at all. I corrected you after you said it was closed which it wasn't. See, that's what the right does. Just toss untruths out and pretend like it's the truth. I've never said there wasn't a border problem but we've had a border problem for decades. It's not something that Biden created. He may have sat on his ass and not done anything but he didn't create the border problem.

It's Congress's job to come up with legislation addressing the border and the Republicans controlling the House won't do anything because trump told them not to. Hell trump even bragged about it.

Apparently Biden is finally taking action so you can calm down now.

PadawanWarrior

They get more sun than one might think.

Though the local med grower I referenced who gifted a generous Whitman's Sampler assortment to me/us has worked long and hard to refine his ability to grow outdoors in that more humid climate without being overtaken by molds or fungus.

And Pike Place Market, and specific stops within it, was always a favorite spot for me for going on 50 years now.
You guys are right and wrong about WA state. It doesn't rain as much as people think. It's actually in a rain shadow. It is however cloudy a lot. And when it rains it's usually light and just drizzling. It could rain for 5 minutes and that counts for the day.

It's not expensive everywhere. Eastern Washington is less expensive.

The crime there has gotten much worse as the Democrats have gained more power.

As for the weed thing hell ya. The PNW (Pacific Northwest) has always had the chronic. That's where Northern Lights came from. In 1986 I smoked my first bowl. It was like the RKS that everyone talks about. Let just say I was hooked instantly,:smoke: That's all I ever saw until I moved to CA. I was like WTF I thought CA was supposed to have the good stuff. That was first time I ever saw brick weed. There was still good weed where I was in Tahoe but not as consistency good. The PNW including Vancouver BC has had some of the best in the country and still do.

Colorado has the goods now but too but most of the genetics came from places like the PNW and CA.

I bought my first pipe at the Pike Place Market when I was 15. The Smoke Shop is still there in the Lower Market. Thinking about this is making me hungry for some Ivar's. Or Dick's hamburgers.

:bongsmi:

RobFromTX

You guys are right and wrong about WA state. It doesn't rain as much as people think. It's actually in a rain shadow. It is however cloudy a lot. And when it rains it's usually light and just drizzling. It could rain for 5 minutes and that counts for the day.

As for the weed thing hell ya. The PNW (Pacific Northwest) has always had the chronic. That's where Northern Lights came from. In 1986 I smoked my first bowl. It was like the RKS that everyone talks about. Let just say I was hooked instantly,:smoke: That's all I ever saw until I moved to CA. I was like WTF I thought CA was supposed to have the good stuff. That was first time I ever saw brick weed. There was still good weed where I was in Tahoe but not as consistency good. The PNW including Vancouver BC has had some of the best in the country and still do.

Colorado has the goods now but too but most of the genetics came from places like the PNW and CA.

I bought my first pipe at the Pike Place Market when I was 15. The Smoke Shop is still there in the Lower Market. Thinking about this is making me hungry for some Ivar's. Or Dick's hamburgers.

Thats what i meant though. cloudy and dark but my brother lives on the peninsula and they get a lot of rain. And yeah its expensive but im sure the climate, and the cost of living, changes when you go east. I do like that the daily temps don't fluctuate much where he lives. never gets too hot or too cold and it might snow only 5 days a year

moose eater

My wife's from Monroe and Kirkland and I went to and graduated from grad school in Cheney at Eastern Washington University, just west of Spokane, and lived in Four Lakes there.

A guy from out in the Islands owned and sold brass old-school-style pipes from the open-air market adjacent to Pike Place Market's upper level, and his business was called Primo Pipes. I still have a calabash brass 70's style pipe from him intentionally lacking the frilly smaller wire beneath, as I ordered it without that. Just one wooden bead on the curved stem.

When I worked for the US Forest Circus in SE Alaska, Wrangell Island (and remote locations as well), later doing some smuggling through Seattle from the Mid-West up into the Islands of SE Alaska via the ferries, I would pass through there regularly, starting in about 1979. always had a lay-over of sorts and would stash my wares in a locker at Pier 64, the BC Ferries, before eventually departing from the Pier 48 Alaska Marine Hwy Ferry to Alaska back then, before they moved that to Bellingham..

There were choice spots for fried clam strips chicken gizzards, head shops, beer, salads, antique shops and the 'Schizophrenic Clinc' that ran a second-hand store where I could score good condition used leather hiking boots and Pendleton wool shirts (made in Oregon, not Mexico) for $1.50 to $2. They funded a street clinic for the mentally ill, right around the corner form the Pig under the clock at PPM..

Oh, and Left Bank Books was across from the pig, and I would discover neat finds in there, too, as well as bumper stickers. Most of that was before they had assigned places for musicians to stand on a schedule and the performances and political activism there were more free fare than structured, before all the donations came in for refurbishing the Market.

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

Thats what i meant though. cloudy and dark but my brother lives on the peninsula and they get a lot of rain. And yeah its expensive but im sure the climate, and the cost of living, changes when you go east. I do like that the daily temps don't fluctuate much where lives. never gets too hot or too cold and it might snow only 5 days a year
Ya. I meant the Seattle area. The mild weather is really nice but it's getting hotter there anymore. We never needed AC but now it gets crazy hot sometimes. I think most of the temp increase is from the deforestation and replacing forest with asphalt. I miss how it was before. Way too many people have moved there. Microsoft brought a ton and then Amazon just made it 10 times worse.

PadawanWarrior

My wife's from Monroe and Kirkland and I went to and graduated from grad school in Cheney at Eastern Washington University, just west of Spokane, and lived in Four Lakes there.

A guy from out in the Islands owned and sold brass old-school-style pipes from the open-air market adjacent to Pike Place Market's upper level, and his business was called Primo Pipes.

When I worked for the US Forest Circus in SE Alaska, Wrangell Island, later doing some smuggling through Seattle from the Mid-West up into the Islands of SE Alaska via the ferries, I would pass through there regularly, starting in about 1979. always had a lay-over of sorts and would stash my wares in a locker at Pier 64, the BC Ferries, before eventually departing from the Pier 48 Alaska Marine Hwy Ferry to Alaska back then, before they moved that to Bellingham..

There were choice spots for fried clam strips chicken gizzards, head shops, beer, salads, antique shops and the 'Schizophrenic Clinc' that ran a second-hand store where I could score good condition used leather hiking boots and Pendleton wool shirts (made in Oregon, not Mexico) for $1.50 to $2. They funded a street clinic for the mentally ill, right around the corner form the Pig under the clock at PPM..
(y)
I grew up in Kirkland. Hey I might even know your wife, :ROFLMAO:. I went to Juanita High. Ya I miss the seafood but at least there's a couple good places in Denver. And the "On The Hook" fish trucks comes around now.

xtsho

I was just across the river in Camas WA at Lacamas lake yesterday walking the dogs. Beautiful day. Too many people though. I went there because I knew Forest Park in Portland would be crowded but I didn't realize there would be so many people across the river at the lake on a Wednesday afternoon. I wish people would quit moving to this area.

You hear some go on and on about how some people are destroying it here but they just keep coming anyway.

I've been all across the country but I've yet to find a place I'd move to. We've had some problems recently but things are improving.

And it's fleet week. The ships have started to arrive in Portland. I might go downtown later, walk along the waterfront and look at the ships. There's going to be a couple from the Canadian Navy as well. The Rose Festival is getting started and people are enjoying this great city.

1717710993259.png

moose eater

(y)
I grew up in Kirkland. Hey I might even know your wife, :ROFLMAO:. I went to Juanita High. Ya I miss the seafood but at least there's a couple good places in Denver. And the "On The Hook" fish trucks comes around now.
She's in her early 60's, but said maybe her brother's kids went to the same high school as you did.

PadawanWarrior

I was just across the river in Camas WA at Lacamas lake yesterday walking the dogs. Beautiful day. Too many people though. I went there because I knew Forest Park in Portland would be crowded but I didn't realize there would be so many people across the river at the lake on a Wednesday afternoon. I wish people would quit moving to this area.

You hear some go on and on about how some people are destroying it here but they just keep coming anyway.

I've been all across the country but I've yet to find a place I'd move to. We've had some problems recently but things are improving.

And it's fleet week. The ships have started to arrive in Portland. I might go downtown later, walk along the waterfront and look at the ships. There's going to be a couple from the Canadian Navy as well. The Rose Festival is getting started and people are enjoying this great city.

View attachment 19014167
(y)

moose eater

(y)
'Off the Hook' was a custom meat and butcher shop in an old modified garage in downtown Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada, that got into some deep shit when someone brought in some meat and cannabis product to be processed that they wanted infused with the cannabis, and the owners obliged, but then fucked up and sent the infused meat/sausage out to the local retail markets, after which someone's kids (and straighter other adults) got high on their snacks and reported it.

Started as a civil investigation then ramped up to criminal. Then... no more 'Off the Hook.' In fact, more 'On the Hook' after that event.

A shame, too, as they had a decent variation on landjaeger sausages, similar (but different and fattier) to the traditional landjaeger sausages I bought for years at Pike Place Market at Bavarian Meats and would order annually in quantity before moose hunting season.

*From my understanding the Bavarian Meats storefront at Pike Place Market is no more, now closed, though you can still order their products from their larger main store and factory outlet. The German woman at Bavarian Meats at Pike Place Market that used to take my telephone orders for landjaeger to be shipped to Alaska sounded like Julia Childs with a German accent and high-pitched presentation. Typically, she was a very giggly person. It was often hilarious in an unintended way.

Last edited:

moose eater

(y)
For clarification, I asked her a couple more questions. If they'd have stayed in Kirkland she'd have gone to Lake Washington HS, but they moved to Monroe when she was beginning 8th grade. She attended Mark Twain Elementary in Kirkland however.

PadawanWarrior

For clarification, I asked her a couple more questions. If they'd have stayed in Kirkland she'd have gone to Lake Washington HS, but they moved to Monroe when she was beginning 8th grade. She attended Mark Twain Elementary in Kirkland however.
That's really close. I was a little Northwest, on Finn Hill.

Latest posts

Latest posts