What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

2009 Girl Scout Cookies.

brandone1147

First got the Girl Scout cookies in 09 had this extremely strong cookie dough gas smell. But I tell so you something. The smell and stickiness from the first couple batches of 09 cookies in phoenix Arizona was the best batches to date. Them potency and smell was seriously on another level. There are some around that is still like it, like kushmints has a similar nose to that first cookie batch. But I’ve just noticed since then it’s all been replicated but never duplicated. Why is it that cannabis is reallllllly strong in its first form but starts to weaken later on?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
First got the Girl Scout cookies in 09 had this extremely strong cookie dough gas smell. But I tell so you something. The smell and stickiness from the first couple batches of 09 cookies in phoenix Arizona was the best batches to date. Them potency and smell was seriously on another level. There are some around that is still like it, like kushmints has a similar nose to that first cookie batch. But I’ve just noticed since then it’s all been replicated but never duplicated. Why is it that cannabis is reallllllly strong in its first form but starts to weaken later on?
Hello friend, thanks for the question because it's a good one. A lot of seed makers use very small populations for breeding projects causing genetic drift. What is genetic drift?

Genetic drift is when chance events cause changes in frequencies of alleles in a population. Alleles are the genetic variations in a population, and they are the driving force behind the evolution of that population. The smaller the population, the greater the impact genetic drift will have.

Genetic drift can be caused by a number of chance phenomena, such as differential number of offspring left by different members of a population so that certain genes increase or decrease in number over generations independent of selection, sudden immigration or emigration of individuals in a population changing gene ... Google

Cannabis changes very fast to new conditions when it's moved away from its natural environment.