What's new

1970 Colombian Gold

midwestkid

Veteran
Not true at all. Classic of classic seeds died left me a bunch of seeds and i am getting close to 100% germ rates on seeds 20-50ys old. A few from the 60s several strains from the 70s. Columbians, Thai,Mexicans, bunch of africans ,korean skunk,RKS,lime skunk,old humboldt purple and green,Dr.Atomic Stuff rezz dog stuff old Chemo, BSHW etc..

He kept the seeds in small bottles stuffed w cotton in a freezer that wasnt frost free. He said do not use frost free feezers. I just sent a bunch of african seeds to kagyu(coastal seeds) some 30 or more yrs old we see what kind of germ rates he gets.

This just a few.. vitamin bottles are full of the small brown bottles
View attachment 18064304 View attachment 18064302 View attachment 18064303
Here's the real meat and potatoes from this thread! What an honor and responsibility that has been placed upon your shoulders.
Hopefully you can open pollinate each variety that has been passed to you; so you may pass them to the next "steward of the seed"

Although the o.p. was met with immediate resistance, that is the reason I love this group. You can get away with these fairytales on social media but not here.

I keep my seeds in the freezer. My cousin kept a portion of my seed stash in his safe.
I recently talked him into swapping me out for fresh genetics. Unfortunately ive had about hmmm maybe 10% germ rate on the seeds he kept. Freezer for the win. Honesty for the win!

Honesty for fucks sake!

Good work people. And good luck Texas-Jack

Airloom

Veteran
Not true at all. Classic of classic seeds died left me a bunch of seeds and i am getting close to 100% germ rates on seeds 20-50ys old. A few from the 60s several strains from the 70s. Columbians, Thai,Mexicans, bunch of africans ,korean skunk,RKS,lime skunk,old humboldt purple and green,Dr.Atomic Stuff rezz dog stuff old Chemo, BSHW etc..

He kept the seeds in small bottles stuffed w cotton in a freezer that wasnt frost free. He said do not use frost free feezers. I just sent a bunch of african seeds to kagyu(coastal seeds) some 30 or more yrs old we see what kind of germ rates he gets.

That’s awesome. I can say proper seed storage is so important, I for one love to see/read anything like this. Congratulations and thanks for sharing here

grayeyes

Its pretty obvious for me, this guy is just in for the money, trying to advertise his shit here. You can find him on Instagram, made his first post on March 20th 2020. All the Strains he shows us here and on IG you can already buy from other people. He most likely just bought or got Seeds from others, reproducing and selling them, the same like "The Landrace Team" and some others are doing.

He also already uploaded his company logo here. He isn't planning to sell Seeds, he is ALREADY selling them.
https://www.icmag.com/special/albums/18062444-hcg

Don't support scammer,......
Can't find that page.

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a mangobiche from hippy outdoors right now taking forever to flower. It's rather short and was sown outdoors in Aug. Smells like cedar incense and green mango looks/smells the part. I doubt I'll the the final form flower but I've chucked a few diff pollen to it and honestly excited to grow them out.

need4weed

Veteran

Why not frost free? You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this

OldCoolSativa

hempy, all this controversy could be avoided by not being so didactic. Whatever your opinion is if you follow it with "in my opinion' then you won't get the responses you have been getting. It really doesn't matter if you were buds with Nevill.

Some people didn't just throw seeds into film canisters (try finding those now).

Frost-free freezers use a small heating element to quickly melt ice on the coils, not in the entire freezer compartment. Depending how they are stored and where they are in your freezer, they probably won't see much if any temperature change during defrost cycles.

Ideally, seeds should be stored frozen with minimal temperature change, let alone above-freezing temperatures. Multiple freeze-thaw cycles will reduce germination rates. On the rare occasions I need to re-organize or clean out my seed stash, I do so in a cold garage in the winter so I can work with the seeds while they remain frozen.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
hempy, all this controversy could be avoided by not being so didactic. Whatever your opinion is if you follow it with "in my opinion' then you won't get the responses you have been getting. It really doesn't matter if you were buds with Nevill.

Some people didn't just throw seeds into film canisters (try finding those now).
What are you on about greyeyes ?

Clearly science and reality bother some of you when it gets in the way of a good story and a marketing play on seed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plookerkingjon

I love the Colombian lines, I don't care how old the seeds are and I'm most certainly not going to sit here in your thread and tell you you're a liar that ain't my place and I'm a 50 year old man I got better things to do. I love folks that bring back lines like this so people can enjoy them.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The dude hasn’t been back, so fergit his vapor menu.

I want to hear about the dude up in Canada with all those primo seeds smuggled by the embassy guy, that his friend saved.

Plookerkingjon

We're all the same, well who said anythin
20221211_071144.jpg
20221211_071146.jpg
20221211_071128.jpg
g about love

I get an F for Preparation considering I've Got 5 ft Colombian Golds sitting in Solo cups right now getting ready to go into flower but at least I kept him happy all this time they haven't been fed once

Last edited:

Plookerkingjon

Here's a caveat to this plant and these Cameo bars that you might not get frequenting online forums or having little in-house closet grows under your belt, I've been willing to bet that if somebody got a line hypothetically speaking, somebody got a bag of Central South American cultivars had some seed in it kept growing it out as a home project and kept pollinating it and pollinating it and looking for specific types of phenotypical s******* I'd be willing to put that stuff up against anything that they call A Cup winner nowadays. There's a lot to be said for people just being self-sufficient doing their own pollinating and breeding on their own at their own place without exposing it to the masses or someone else unless there's something going wrong and you need insight to bring it back in line I'd say being a Hermit growing your own pounding out a bunch of pollinations to see what you could find would do this plant and this industry a lot more benefit than what I'm seeing right now

Harpua

Hello all, i have these '70 Colombian Gold flowering from original seeds my father collected back in 1970, they sat in an old film cannister until 2016 when he passed and inherited his seed collection. It wasnt a large collection by any means but it was a small selection of strain from 1969-1975. All original seeds he collected from bales/bricks/bundles that he "obtained" during that time.

These are currently on the end of week 16, and in my opinion habe 9-10 ish more weeks to go before they are ready for harvest

ive been growing landraces since 2014 and gearing up to begin doing preservation runs of every strain i habe from my dad. I wanted to get experience growing long flowering plants before i dove into these.
These are amazing. All of the old-school stuff interests me. Good to see you talk about waiting many more weeks. The #1 thing I preach to friends is that most people pick too early. No matter when you think it's ready, it's probably not. ;)

Harpua

These are amazing. All of the old-school stuff interests me. Good to see you talk about waiting many more weeks. The #1 thing I preach to friends is that most people pick too early. No matter when you think it's ready, it's probably not. ;)
Reading the rest of the thread........eh, who knows? Hard to believe? Especially when someone has a list? Sure. 50+ year old seeds? Maybe if they were stored well, cold.......the germination rate would certainly be low. That's a lot of years to let go by without working them or letting someone else try.....

need4weed

Veteran
Here's a caveat to this plant and these Cameo bars that you might not get frequenting online forums or having little in-house closet grows under your belt, I've been willing to bet that if somebody got a line hypothetically speaking, somebody got a bag of Central South American cultivars had some seed in it kept growing it out as a home project and kept pollinating it and pollinating it and looking for specific types of phenotypical s******* I'd be willing to put that stuff up against anything that they call A Cup winner nowadays. There's a lot to be said for people just being self-sufficient doing their own pollinating and breeding on their own at their own place without exposing it to the masses or someone else unless there's something going wrong and you need insight to bring it back in line I'd say being a Hermit growing your own pounding out a bunch of pollinations to see what you could find would do this plant and this industry a lot more benefit than what I'm seeing right now
This is fact, there hoards of people growing all the old mythical lines, just plodding away doing their thing. None of the ever been on a forum. Back in the 90s I knew a guy that had a killer thai line, he grew 1 or 2 plants down the side of his house every year without fail. Back in those days, we use to have group sessions and everyone would bring some of their home grown bud, I was always into the latest Dutch strain and at that given time, silver haze and silver pearl were the top smokes. But no matter what we had, we always ended smoking the thai, it was just that good. I lost touch with him a long time ago but I'd bet my house he still has it going

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not sure how I missed this thread. From what I know, 50 year old seeds would need to be frozen or at least in the fridge to make it, and then it would be just some of them.

If this guy is selling the seeds already I am guessing scam. If this house was very cool and did not get hot at all, that might be doable. Have never tried to germinate 50 year old seeds so just going by reports from some that did.

grayeyes