What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Nice pictures everyone! The club is ALIIIIIIVEE!!

MY CAB IS OVERGROWN!!

picture.php

Bubble Gum Sativa pheno buds on the way!

picture.php

picture.php

rebo

lookin' pretty tasty there catman!
How tall are those? And are those 2 liter soda bottles they're in?

Nice growin..

-Rebo

Last edited:

rebo

LSTing Auto BBxAK under 150 hps

LSTing Auto BBxAK under 150 hps

I'm trying my hand at LST'ing an auto BBxAK.. I'm not certain how it will turn out with an autoflowering plant, but what the hell..

Here's a couple of pics of the LST'd plant:

Attachments

• P1010448.jpg
    P1010448.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010449.jpg
    P1010449.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 12

rebo

Thanks Rebo, yours are looking pretty tight too. Seems we're both around the same stage of flowering; I've got about 2 weeks to go, same for you?

Thanks a lot brother!
Yah good call.. I think between 1 and 2 weeks is pretty close on mine.. I'm going to hold out for about 40% to 60% amber trichs though for sure.

Barnt

Lovin the 150...

Purple Monkey Balls
IMG_5972_PMB_Medium_.JPG

Sour Bubble
IMG_5976_SB_Medium_.JPG

Double Purple Doja x Bubba Kush
IMG_5983_DPD_x_BK_Medium_.JPG

Purple Urkle x Romulan
IMG_5994_PU_x_Rom_Medium_.JPG

More pics in my thread. First link in the sig.

Barnt

None of them had any signs of turning purple while in veg. The DPD x BK was the first to show any tendencies with the red stems around week 2ish of flower. At around 3 weeks the calyx's begin to have a hue of purple. Only recently (after week 4) have the other strains that purple started to show some color in the leaves and in some of the calyx's. Can't wait, just a few more weeks...

brettweir

My micro flowering grow inside my arcade cabinet will be using a 150w HPS light. The grow area is roughly 2ft wide x 2ft long x 2ft high. I'm planning on doing a SCROG grow inside. What I'd like to do is have a monthly perpetual harvest going, where 6 pots are always 1 month ahead of the other 6 (12 pots in there total). The pots I have are only about 1 gal each. I don't plan on vegging the clones either. Once they root they'll be going right to 12/12. Do you think 1 gal pot per plant will be ok or should I downsize the amount of plants and opt for bigger pots?

Barnt

1 Gallon pots are plenty big. In some of my 1 liter pots I have multiple plants!

If you don't plan on vegging at all, then you might want to increase plant count. You could either put multiple plants in 1 one gallon pot, or use smaller pots keeping each plant in its own container.

Oh ya, I have 6 pots in a 2' x 1.5' cabinet.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
lookin' pretty tasty there catman!
How tall are those? And are those 2 liter soda bottles they're in?
Nice growin..

-Rebo

Thanks rebo. They are about 18-32 inches... I'd say 2 ft on average and yes those are 2 liter bottles cut down a little bit.

Catman, those are some exotic looking buds - I envy you.
Do you know the kelvin of the 2 cfl's your using?

Thanks DC, I envy Barnt :p

I'm not using any CFLs, just the 150w HPS. In veg I started with a 6500k,5000k, and hell I even used a 42w 2700k toward the end of flowing on a few bag seed plants, but only one was female.

Day 43 here from 12/12 Flip.. Packin on the bud and frosting up!

picture.php

picture.php

Sativa pheno..

picture.php

picture.php

:woohoo:

The past few days for me have been exciting as flowering is well on its way.
Picture016.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Things are going pretty well but I have a couple ?'s concerning my Pure KushXSour Diesel baby. Is every one of the bud sites on the plant a possible cola? Also she is a bit bushy as I have done no trimming and I noticed that the light might no be hitting the bud sites directly. I have the cabinet covered in mylar but is that enough? Should I trim some leaves? I havent done so yet because all leaves are healthy and I wouldnt want to stress the plant if theres no immediate need.
Picture014.jpg

Picture013.jpg

This is a bagseed that I have been running along with my 2 clones now in flowering. The problem im having is that this plant is growing but shows no real signs of flowering or none that I can tell. So I am asking the forums opinion. Male?Female?Hermie? Because I cant tell. I am contemplating trashing it and focusing on the buds at hand but Im holding out for now with the hopes it would be a fem.

C

Cozy Amnesia

Awesome looking plants catman! that sativa looks great.

KillaKali, yeah every budsite is a potential cola if you train a specific budsite you have in mind to grow taller than the rest, but you can't have all of the budsites be "colas". All budsites are essentially the same, from the apex to the popcorn, some just grow bigger than others. The difference is that the top ones get all the light so they're going to grow the biggest. If you provide just as much light to all the budsites, like in a scrog or horizontal setup, than they'll all throw the same size. This does not mean that all the budsites will grow as big as the cola of a one-cola plant, but your yield should still be increased.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Male?Female?Hermie?

Nice lookin plants Killa! Hard to tell if it's showing yet. I'd hang on to it. It may be the shit that killed Elvis! I never cull until I'm certain it's male because pollen probably won't spew for the first 10 days or so after showing sex. Even if you get a couple of seeds it won't fork up your harvest. If it's male and has a hollow stem, it might be worth harvesting a little pollen. You could hit up a bud site or two and leave the rest seedless.

catman, your buds are beautiful. Like snow in the forrest.

I've got a couple OG Kush x Sour Diesel IBL 2 days in flower. They're only 6" tall but I'm hoping they stretch about 18 to 20". The breeder told me the mom was an OG Kush abusive cut, (whatever the hell that means) crossed with SourD. I'll post a pic or two in the near future when things get interesting. Looks like one's a squat and the other a stretch. Maybe one of them is a keeper.:woohoo:

TraneRek

Hey all,

Here's a few pics of my setup..

What are normal temps for 3in away from the bulb? Right now it's about 76F where the cups are, and 88F up near the light (may be off for the second though. I don't think you're suppose to expose the reader to direct light..). That's with the 4 26w CFL's and the 150 going. Will this be good enough? Anyone have any other suggestions concerning the setup in general? Thanks in advance!

-Rek :rasta: