What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Anybody try cold brewing?
Occasionally I remember to cold brew in my french press. I do it the night before, so it brews overnight in the fridge. Love it, just don't drink enough coffee anymore to remember regularly. lol

Lower acidity, same caffeine (as far as I can tell), smooth. :)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I was reading that it has a higher caffeine content than regular.

I don't doubt it's not true.

Lower acidity and straight laziness are enough for me to try.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ylw8Qmo.jpg

LadyGuru

I wouldn't even feed Maxwell house to my worm farm. :tongue:

I enjoy Pete's coffee, french roast. I mix it up, but seldom happier with my selections than with my Peet's coffee. :)

H

HaHaHashish

Buy great quality beans that have been recently roasted, brew it well and you will never drink instant muck like Maxwell House again.

Life is too short to drink brown water...drink real coffee and enjoy!. I've been buying good quality Kenyan beans lately, it has low caffeine levels, a smooth taste and hints of chocolate...instant coffee is about as attractive to me as moldy, old brickweed.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Buy great quality beans that have been recently roasted, brew it well and you will never drink instant muck like Maxwell House again.

Life is too short to drink brown water...drink real coffee and enjoy!. I've been buying good quality Kenyan beans lately, it has low caffeine levels, a smooth taste and hints of chocolate...instant coffee is about as attractive to me as moldy, old brickweed.

Couldn't agree more.....well said.

Caffe Mauro, Centopercento.....It's my bean of choice for many years. IMHO, the Sour D of espresso.

prodotto_1_1.jpg

RMS

:smoweed:

kaochiu

Veteran
There are worse things in life than Maxwell's. OK, if you compare it to coffee... but if you live in UK and visit friends homes on regular basis, chances are the other choice is tea. TEA!!! TEA!!! A full mug!!! With a tear of milk!!! :puke: Now, tell me again, Maxwell or Death By Depression, aka mug of TETLEY? (it's 20F outside, with wintry cold showers and you've got to wait for the bus) Just sayin'.
Coffee's best version must start with green beans, slowly roasted, milling it just before brewing. Few people outside Africa do it that way. I have a close friend born in Eritrea and she's got the full kit to do it like a proper tigrayan, but it's not something you'd do for breakfast because it takes like two hours.
As soon as you mill the coffee, it starts losing its qualities, as when you grind a bud, so, the best milled coffee is somehow lacking.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

lol, fuck all the high n' mighty attitudes on your coffee choices vs mine.

my beans of choice are roasted for me and only when I order them, haven't heard that from any of you connoisseurs yet. I buy my beans wholesale in 3 pound bags through a local coffee shop that orders from Alakef Coffee Roasters in Duluth MN; that's 120 miles from me.

good luck on finding your coffee of choice that freshly roasted.

when my crippled ass (severe arthritis in every major joint in my body) needs a cup of instant instead of grinding/making/cleaning my coffee pot I WON'T be worrying what y'all be thinking 'bout my choice of brew. :jerkit:

and as a matter of fact I don't recall that my crippled ass has insulted ANYONE'S choice of coffee here. reps forthcoming, or not :)

and now for a cup of Maxwell House coffee.......

EDIT:
oh yeah, I'm gonna burn some GG4, anything to say 'bout that?

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

EDIT:

Yeah. Please pass the joint this way!

Chappi

All you need is good coffee beans, coffee grinder, ANY coffee maker, knowing how fine or coarse a type of coffee needs to be and knowing how to mate the grounds. This is the recipe for making good black coffee. No need to add cow puss or sugar to your coffee.

LadyGuru

lol, fuck all the high n' mighty attitudes on your coffee choices vs mine.

my beans of choice are roasted for me and only when I order them, haven't heard that from any of you connoisseurs yet. I buy my beans wholesale in 3 pound bags through a local coffee shop that orders from Alakef Coffee Roasters in Duluth MN; that's 120 miles from me.

good luck on finding your coffee of choice that freshly roasted.

when my crippled ass (severe arthritis in every major joint in my body) needs a cup of instant instead of grinding/making/cleaning my coffee pot I WON'T be worrying what y'all be thinking 'bout my choice of brew. :jerkit:

and as a matter of fact I don't recall that my crippled ass has insulted ANYONE'S choice of coffee here. reps forthcoming, or not :)

and now for a cup of Maxwell House coffee.......

EDIT:

This combined with the nasty msg you left me, tells me you are way too emotional about coffee. Never thought that was possible, but here we are. :huggg:

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Outbreak of rust fungus threatens to wipe out Latin America's entire crop

Outbreak of rust fungus threatens to wipe out Latin America's entire crop

A poorly-understood fungus is ravaging Latin America’s coffee crops, causing billions of dollars in damages and potentially putting the global coffee supply at risk.

The disease, known as coffee leaf rust, is an orange-powdery fungus that slashes the plant’s yield, in some cases destroying the entire crop for years.

This same fungus is responsible for the crash of Sri Lanka’s (then called Ceylon) coffee industry in the late 1800s, according to NPR.

Despite efforts in the 1970s to manage the disease and produce rust-resistant coffee varieties in Latin America, experts now warn the fungus is evolving.

5107260-6283749-image-a-30_1539727638910.jpg

We are in the middle of the biggest coffee crisis of our time,’ Guatemalan producer and exporter Josué Morales, told NPR.

Coffee leaf rust (Hemileia vastatrix), also known simply as coffee rust, causes defoliation – or the loss of the plant’s leaves.

In Central America, 70 percent of farms have been hit by the disease, resulting in $3.2 billion in damage and lost wages, according to Purdue University.

Arabica, which makes up about 75 percent of the global coffee production, is especially susceptible to the pathogen.

And,‘This is one of those rusts that even though it’s been with us for over 100 years, we don’t even understand its entire life cycle,’ said Purdue mycologist Cathie Aime, who recently received a grant from World Coffee Research to study the disease.

‘This is much more difficult than it sounds. For rust fungi, they’re obligate pathogens, so you can’t get pure DNA in meaningful quantities.

‘You can’t grow it in culture or manipulate it in the lab. And they’re microfungi, so you are dealing with extremely small organisms embedded in their host.’

Scientists are working to better understand everything from its reproductive processes to its full genome in effort to stay on top of the growing problem. scientists still don’t know all that much about it.
With an annotated genome, breeders could assess how the species becomes resistant to the varieties designed to fight it.

‘Sequencing and annotating the coffee leaf rust genome is essential research work in our quest to combat coffee’s no. 1 disease,’ said Tim Schilling, CEO and founder of World Coffee Research.

‘With this information in place, breeders may draw on it to create varieties resistant to rust.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6283749/The-biggest-coffee-crisis-time-Fungus-threatening-wipe-Latin-Americas-entire-crop.html

RMS

:smoweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts