What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
myHscY1.jpg

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. I was wondering where the coffee was in this place....looks like I found it. Quick cup and then down to the garden. Not much going on today. Up-pot a few plants.

Do need to go outside and work in the veggie garden. Got the first light frost yesterday and looking like more frost tonight. Pain in the ass but the long slow process of putting the garden to bed stats later today.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ty, Stoner4Life, real espresso and high mountain grown cannabis are truly an awesome combination. :D

and so in 1973 I sat @ a mountaintop cafe in Switzerland, I remember having a great coffee and watched cattle grazing in a meadow way below us, and the clouds drifting by, again below.

of course the Montreux Jazz/Rock Festival was our reason for being there.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Phenolic compounds in cardamom found to be potent antioxidants when added to coffee

Phenolic compounds in cardamom found to be potent antioxidants when added to coffee

Espresso-Coffee-Wood-Drink-Beverage.jpg

Cardamom, when added to coffee, not only affects the beverage’s flavor and aroma, but the resulting blend is an excellent source of antioxidative compounds as well. These findings, published in CyTA – Journal of Food, looked at the bioavailability of certain phytochemicals from coffee and cardamom.

The researchers used roasted coffee (Coffea arabica) and ground cardamom spice in their study. The ingredients were extracted for water-soluble antioxidants and phenolics, and both were analyzed separately, as well as in a combination.
In particular, the antiradical potential, ferric-reducing antioxidant power (FRAP), chelating power (CHEL), OH scavenging capacity (OH), superoxide dismutase-like activity, lipoxygenase (LOXi), and xanthine oxidase (XOi) inhibitory potential were evaluated for bioaccessibility.
The interaction between the phytochemicals from coffee and cardamom was examined as well.
Researchers found that the antioxidant activities in the combined resultant mixture were the product of the phenolic compounds from both ingredients.
FRAP, CHEL, and XOi interactions during simulated digestion were similar to that of chemical standards. However, LOX inhibitors acted differently during digestion from the standard.
Based on these findings, there is a correlation between the phenols in cardamom and coffee which affect their biological activities.

Find the full text of the study at this link.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/19476337.2016.1247298

Source: https://science.news/2018-09-25-phenolic-compounds-found-in-coffee-and-cardamom-found-to-be-potent-antioxidants.html

RMS

:smoweed:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sumatran with a cookie butter honey peanut butter sandwich....

Cookie butter is the twelfth reason.
I’ve been blending a Sumatran with a Colombian, about 50/50. Very nice.

Sandwich sounds good, I love a thick piece of rustic toast with peanut butter and honey…open face. Never had Cookie butter, have to give it a try.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Coffee before the sun comes up is such an adventure today.

Trying to silence the grinder and neuter the kettle (so as not to wake the rest of the crew) is fun enough...

But I am still sleepy so I prefer to do all of this fumbling in the dark low light glow of the microwave, which I opened to avoid any level of brightness beyond "vampire".

If I can get the coffee to work things are sure to turn around.

Keep your fingers crossed!

kaochiu

Veteran
Not that i'm a purist or anything, but coffee is a basic flavour and it has enough distinct varieties and ways to collect it, roast and brew to a particular result.
Now, if you add vanilla, cardamomo, etc. you're denying it of the "work" put into it (if any) cos the addition takes over. I'm not "against" it, eh! I like coffee and cardamon, as it's often served in Morocco, (if the coffee is good quality i like it better without it, though). Also with orujo firewater, rhum, whiskie or cognac (carajillos).
First coffee in the morning i add a dash of milk and half teaspoon sugar, but that also makes it a different drink. Like adding soda or cola to a glass of wine, nice or not, can't be called just wine. Like if you add tobacco to your marijuana, which is fine, but not to make a smoke report on the strain.
Just came back from a few days in Porto. I must have had about 10-12 cups every day and all of them were good enough. All. As a spaniard, i felt ashamed, the same rate in spanish cafes would be 50/50 chance of being acceptable. Big ups, Portugal!

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning coffee drinkers. Just having another cup before going down to the garden and get my day started...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I was drinking coffee by the time I was 9. I had one before school every day. About 10 years ago (I'm 60 now) I went to Ecuador. The best God damn coffee I ever had. Now I import it from the cloud forest. Sell some, drink the rest. Now that's good shit. Black.

kaochiu

Veteran
Hi there, Sue. Now, you've got to finish the cup of Maxwell, just as SFL did. Nice socks, by the way. C ya, Sue.

Latest posts

Latest posts