What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

11/13 CFL flowering light cycle???

I2KanGrow

Hi:

Yo, Sunset - As promised, some pictures... here you go, this is day 72 from seed, day 20 into flowering.

Yep - it's been a long haul, but I think it's gonna pay-off, and the experience alone has been great!!

...Of course, they ain't tomatoes, these will just have to do!!! :chin:

Sunset

:wave: Very Nice indeed! Congrats!

I popped a couple of bagseds in the meantime of dealing with my clone, I received. Both look like males. gonna wait another few days, but looks like a little white sac starting to come out of a shoot. Has been under 12/12 now for 10 days.
have a few more sprouts to try here in another week or so.
I know you thought your vegged forever. This was a rooted clone on Nov 18th. today she is only about 18" tall

Still in a box I might add just a lot larger one.

Peace, Luv & Nugs.

sugabear_II

Veteran
NOKUY said:
set...
sounds like hogwash to me ...and from my experience if you do the 11/13 light cycle for the ENTIRE flower period you can shave about 1 week off the finish date, and yield about 25% less (pretty significant in my opinion)

ditto - this can be a useful technique if you're in a hurry and need to get 'er done but yield will suffer - however the buds seem to be denser IME - probably cause they have more night time to grow.

I did however recently read about the fast flower option on the harvest master system ( http://www.harvest-master.com/ a system which controls all the variables in the room from watering, lighting, ventilation, CO2, and a/c). Well this system does a 14/4 flower cycle - yes I said 14 hours on and 4 hours off per cycle - so basically a day is only 18 hours long instead of 24. The result is quicker harvest - 46 days instead of 56-60 days for bubba kush was what the thread showed, buds were smaller but of good quality, here's the link

http://reefermanseeds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5625&highlight=fast+flower

Is this what you were talking about SuperZero? or did you really mean 4/4?

I did work out a schedule that would be similar and could be done with a digital timer but never gave it a try. Might have to though as I've got a 8.5 week strain I need to finish in 7.5....

sugabear_II

Veteran
p.s. - actually the harvestmaster does 14/4 veg cycle and 12/6 fast flower cycle - this cuts down the time to finish by 25% while still giving 12 hours of light for maximum growth.

I'm interested in this but I have my doubts that all plants can handle this without falling into hermie mode or just not flowering. As I said I worked out a chart for this and it will give 2 extra light/dark periods per week - so on an 8 week strain 6 should be possible.

-suga

groactor

11 hours to 14 hours of light will turn the flowering on anyway as it happens outdoors. The bottom line must be energy costs lower or higher.

sugabear_II

Veteran
SuperZero said:
it was an actual 4 hours on 4 hours off cycle, so 6 times a day the light was changing on or off

and what was the result? specifically did the plant finish faster and if so by how much and what was the quality of the bud?

SuperZero

I can't attest to the quality or the exact time it took to finish.

But it looked great(as does most,) and if I recall correctly, it finished in about the same amount of time as a normal 12-12.
It is still 12 hours of light/dark per 24 hours tho, so maybe the plant has its own internal calculator to determine the amount of sunlight hours received per 24 hours??

I seen it back on OG, I want to say around the time that guy had the upside down, revolving, circular tray that had plants on it that grew down towards the lights on the floor.

G

Hey Suga, there's only one way to find out if this works. Take a clone from a stable mother and run it through a modified cycle.

Latest posts

Latest posts