What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Resin Forests - a tour in pictures

Crazy Composer

Mushkeeki Gitigay • Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These are my first pictures with the 60mm micro lens... using a tripod.

While the images are extremely sharp, rest assured these shots are NOT easy to take. Every 1/2 a millimeter you move the camera will mean the difference between a sharp picture and a blurry picture. And since my grow rom floor is crushed stone, you can imagine how hard it is to adjust the feet of the tripod just right. In the future I'll put the tripod on a sheet of plywood to keep it steady.

Anyhow... These first 5 pictures are of the SFV OGKush at about 6 weeks of 12/12. The last two are Chemdawg #4.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

a little dust in this one!
picture.php

picture.php

CHEM #4
picture.php

picture.php

nice pictures crazy. looks like you got that new lense figured out. i need directions to the resin forests, looks beautiful man. keep it up. lovin the pics.

faded.

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow, looks great! How many days in is that? I have some SOL/DJ Short SFV O.G. Kush x Bluesatellite #2.2 going and one of the 6 phenos has an amazing lemon starburst candy with a grape/skunk smell in the back ground. It is my favorite smelling plants I've grown so far and it is flowering really fast and may be done in 53~ days. I think it is very SFV dominant as it has very weak stems and flops over Really nice pictures can't wait to see more :D

Last edited:

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
beautiful photos man I'm glad i got to see those :) you got a good eye brotha keep up the dankness

Dr.Know

Nice pics CC, your specimens look very well tended to as usual. I was thinking of adding the 60mm micro to my lens collection. Are the first few images 100% crops shot at 1.1 ratio? I was also curious to to how good the bokeh is and is there a manual aperture ring?(to control fstop when the lens is reversed).

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful work CC.

Your pics are very inspirational.. I am looking for a macro lens for my d80. I think you just sold me on the 60mm.

Anything you don't like about it?

MARLO

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice CC..it's very hard to get a DOF that allows you to capture every trich on a calyx in focus as you have done here. DD

Crazy Composer

Mushkeeki Gitigay • Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
40AmpstoFreedom, Not sure exactly how many days in... I haven't kept track of days in years! :) I'm guessing about 6 weeks in. As for whether yours is also OGK... can't be sure, but I CAN tell you that if a bud looking like ehat yoi posted showed up on one of my OGK plants, I don't think I would call it out-of-place. :) In other words, it looks like a young OGK bud, yes.

Dr.Know, these shots ARE cropped at 1:1, yes indeed. I don't like cropping smaller than 1:1 because it seems somehow dishonest... But that's just me. The bokeh seems fine, right? You can see it right in these pictures, although macro trichome photography isn't, probably, the best place to have background blur as a part of the aesthetic of the image. But in the right situation, I suppose it would be nice. Bokeh is most often seen in images where the f stop is fairly low and the camera doesn't sharpen on the background... But with macro trichome shots, I use an f stop of between 18-22 usually... which is not the best bokeh-producing DOF. For thos who are wondering what bokeh is... and don't want to look it up... it is the artistic blur in photographs, usually in the background. Example... you shoot a picture of a flower, and the background is all blurry... different lenses and cameras will produce varying quality blurs. This effect can also be applied to the foreground where something in the background is the subject in focus.

Yes, there is a manual aperture ring.

MudMan Good to hear it came out well for you. :)

Marlo, I have found NOTHING I dislike about this lens at all, truly. It's the best purchase I've made in a very long time.

doobieduck, you've been playing with the good equipment for a long time, I always appreciate your work. :)

Thanks, all, for the nice words. :) Best wishes for the Holidays to all. Happy Yuletide to my fellow observers of the ancient celebrations... Two more days until the return of the Sun God! The 25th is the first day when the sun stays in the sky longer than the day before, and it continues like this until the Summer Solstice... hence... the birth of the Sun God. I believe someone changed the words around a bit at some point in history, though? Something like... the birth of the son of God... or something like that? Anyone else notice that? hehehehe Just poking. No matter... it's a potentially happy time for all, and I wish the best for everyone.

cc

I don't know, but something makes me want to go camping in this forest and then burn it to the ground... Smokey would not be happy!

Bunz

:kewlpics:

Nice job man..................I've been meaning to get a 105mm lends for my Canon, but it seems other shit always comes first!!

:jawdrop:

*mistress*

Veteran
Thanks, all, for the nice words. :) Best wishes for the Holidays to all. Happy Yuletide to my fellow observers of the ancient celebrations... Two more days until the return of the Sun God! The 25th is the first day when the sun stays in the sky longer than the day before, and it continues like this until the Summer Solstice... hence... the birth of the Sun God. I believe someone changed the words around a bit at some point in history, though? Something like... the birth of the son of God... or something like that? Anyone else notice that? hehehehe Just poking. No matter... it's a potentially happy time for all, and I wish the best for everyone.

cc
very diligent & beautiful art/+work...:yes:

indeed, coming forth by day...;)

enjoy your garden!

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
wow-nice. it looks like the trichs/mm2 is greater and the size of the trichs are so much larger on the og. is that for real or just that bud??

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hey CC

great pictures, and very nice plants too ! i love those kind of mushroom forest :)
keep the good job :)