What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

hydrogen peroxide 35% dilution rate

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
i got a 55 gallon res bout to do a res change want to know the dilution rate for 35% hydrogen peroxide......

D

dongle69

3 ml/gal is standard.
5 ml/gal is extra strength but still safe.

azpeen

Is the 3-5mL per gallon for normal antiseptic hydrgen peroxide (grocery store, 3% I think) or for the 35% H2O2? I thought is was 5 mL of 3% H2O2, not the 35%.

If this is correct, you'd want 14-24 mL of 35 % for the entire 55 gallons. That's 0.2-0.4 mL per gallon of the 35% (as opposed to 3-5 mL of 3%).

Ninjaaa

nice article from GHE about effects of dissolved oxygen concentrations in aero-hydroponics on the formation and growth of roots...

click

Ms_Weekend

160ml 3 times a week into 55 gal.......works like a charm....... It should say on your bottle 3-5ml per gallon......or some times i just go by smell, at the first hint of a fish/algee smell- 160ml 35% h202

you guys only doing 3mls of 3% per gallon arent really adding enough to do anything......that oxygen would be released in a matter of seconds

D

dongle69

Is the 3-5mL per gallon for normal antiseptic hydrgen peroxide (grocery store, 3% I think) or for the 35% H2O2?

Well the thread is titled hydrogen peroxide 35% dilution rate.;)
35% is food grade and 3 ml/gal is the correct rate for hydroponics.
5 ml/gal if you are feeling saucy.
Remember when Grotek used to sell Super Oxy h2o2?
The Grotek product was 35% food grade and the bottle instructions also said 3 ml/gal for hydro.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts