What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Baguio Bud

Hey what's up everyone. Just got hold of some awesome buds from Baguio. Me and my friend went there last week, did a sidetrip to Sagada as well where the awesome hash is. Forgot to take some home with me tho :wallbash: Anyway, i brought down some Baguio nugs or what we call here as Baguio Gold since its probably the most high class smoke you can get here in the Philippines. Anyway, time for the smoke report!:woohoo:

Smell: Not much to say here but definitely smells something in the lemon/citrus-y department. Abit of skunk since i kept it in mason jars and everytime id open it, poof. smellss like pussy or somethin'. haha.

Taste: Getting by any "different" flavored bud here in the Philippines is such a struggle since most of the weed sold in the Metro comes in brick form which needless to say is SHIT. anyway, this baguio bud i got really stood out from all the smoke here. Has the classic weed taste but with hints of lemon/citrusy flavor. Can't point out really but something in that area.

Bag Appeal: Not much trichomes or frosty as the nugs you guys have there but under close scrutiny with a handy magnifying glass, the trichomes are still pretty much present. :joint:

High: OH shit. The smoke was probably the best thing about this. I rolled myself a steady joint with black rizlas. Not as much as lung expansion but man, 2nd or 3rd hit and you can feel your eyes drooping back, vision blurry and the electrifying feel running through your body. Lasts a good 3-4 hours, depending on how much you smoke. Can be VERY VERY trippy if smoked alone. I accidentally did that the other night, smoked a whole joint myself and ended up talking and shit. Creepy. :yoinks:

anyway, here are some pics

Peaceout! :joint:

B

bagseed77

good to hear this, i got some seeds from the phillipines hope they are some good shit

R

randude101

I really enjoyed the baguio bud I smoked in the early 80s. My guess is that it must be some of the last unspoiled land race on the planet. If you can preserve it now you should.

Baguio

Baguio

Hey Bagseed77 :wave: yeah for sure try those seeds out man. Although i think that the baguio bud available today is already hybrid since its not a straight up sativa like the 80's. Still good tho. I do hope you get to grow those seeds!! :woohoo:

Good to hear your story randude. It would be a great honor to be able to preserve such landrace. However, as the situation is in my country, i cannot grow cannabis for any purpose at all. :fsu: Bummer. I have some seeds from the best bud i came across here in the Philippines and if any of you guys feel like testing these out, id be happy to send you some. IF only there was a way. Peaceout.

B

buddymate

Baguio gold now is adulterated with other strains,I was in Pinas earlier this year,to find landrace you have to go further south,Mindanao way,though there has been two bombings down there in the last week,Cotabato and Jolo.

R

randude101

Baguio gold now is adulterated with other strains,I was in Pinas earlier this year,to find landrace you have to go further south,Mindanao way,though there has been two bombings down there in the last week,Cotabato and Jolo.

Yeah, that would make one's dedication to preserving the land race a fairly risky proposition.

B

buddymate

I was in Cotabato earlier this year Rand,you have to get up into the mountains and ask around for seeds I guess,nut as a caucasian most people are suspicious.

Yeah im pretty sure Baguio bud is now hybridized. I haven't smoked a pure sativa but sometimes, bud comes around that is dominantly sativa nature. Pure head high, no body stone, all thoughts racing and shit. Nice.

buddymate, wow you were in Cotabato this year? That's a brave one mate. Wouldn't even go there myself being a Filipino and all. But yes, they do have some decent landraces down South. some of my cousins live there and they said the weed there was tight. And yes, up in the mountains, guarded by the military of course. Or the NPA's. Whichever, growspots in the Phil are pretty much guarded well. And when i mean well, i meant GUNS. :)

B

buddymate

I was in Gensan earlier this year,and Zambo visiting friends,I am normally there once or twice a year,never fly into Manila nowadays though,prefer to enter via Cebu or Davao,even came in "Back-door" once or twice through Sabah and over to Sitangkai by boat with the Badjao.Yeah,most of the big plantations wont get busted as they are heavily guarded,now and again a small scale farmer is offered up for sacrifice :noway: Great country.

Attachments

• bodyguards.jpg
    bodyguards.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 64
  • zamboair.jpg
    zamboair.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 48
  • amazonia bar1.jpg
    amazonia bar1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 60
  • the reading man.jpg
    the reading man.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 85
I know. Sad realities. But what can we do? When you have the smallest tyrant sitting up in power. Geez. Im just gonna hit this bowl and forget how miserable this is. :joint:

B

buddymate

I know. Sad realities. But what can we do? When you have the smallest tyrant sitting up in power. Geez. Im just gonna hit this bowl and forget how miserable this is. :joint:
The poison Dwarf GMA?The sooner she and her family of thieves are gone the better.:2cents:

R

randude101

I was in the PI in the early 80s. It was crazy then too. That was when you had Marco

T

texsativa

smoked a whole joint myself and ended up talking and shit. Creepy. :yoinks:

:biglaugh:

I love the Philippines. I've been to a few places but never Baguio, although I almost did, so close. I met some NPA. I'm glad to make it out alive but I always miss PI and want to return. It's a place of extremes for sure.

Blazed_Out

Nice buds you got there.
Can't wait to go back to the PI next year, I will be in search for some quality weed/seeds.
A cousin from Baguio had some nice chocolatey tasting weed that I need to smoke again.

Nice buds you got there.
Can't wait to go back to the PI next year, I will be in search for some quality weed/seeds.
A cousin from Baguio had some nice chocolatey tasting weed that I need to smoke again.

that's nice man. hey hit me up here in ICMAG if youre coming. Id be happy to hook you up with some quality seeds so you can bring them back home. And yes, get that Baguio bud smokin' man. See you around. Bring some seeds over! Haha.

HarryNugz

my penpal is from mindanao. don't think i'll go visit her anytime soon if ever there. better to hook up in the main island somewhere. i've been to baguio several times and really like that place. don't fancy the bus ride though!

Dr Leary

If you are a non-local muslem walking around the mountain areas of southern mindanao you may not be welcome and it is serious business. Do your research before you embark on that journey. There is some wild stuff growing but the planted areas are not accessable and they dont like strangers asking questions.

Go to Baguio if you want to score there is plenty there to be had.

Dr Leary

piranha i bow to your better judgement. I will give it a try myself when im there in september. My point was going to a so. mindanao for a white american guy is probably not a smart decision.

B

buddymate

piranha i bow to your better judgement. I will give it a try myself when im there in september. My point was going to a so. mindanao for a white american guy is probably not a smart decision.
I am in Mindanao every year off the bearen track just wandering around,I am english however and not american,plus being able to speak the language is a big advantage,Sagada is the best place on Luzon as piranha advises,which part of Mindanao is she from Harry?

Latest posts

Latest posts