What's new

How Rare is 1977 California Orange aka Cali O??

I think if people are interested in cali-o but are turned off by the low potency reports and such then see if you can source Albert walker. It seems to be related but is way more potent has a more complex terpene profile and high but retains that kind buzzy quality. Oh and the smell is even louder.

dc2569

Cali o ibl seed

Cali o ibl seed

. I was just gifted some Cali o orange red hair bud ibl seeds. whatever you would like to call the citrus delight!!!!. I have also come across a few of the 2017 Seeds made while chiefing the Cali o past few weeks. I knew i particularly liked this strain although it wasnt a super heavy hitter. It always had a unique citrus smell unlike alot of lemon flavored strains. I never knew the genetic lineage behind the strain as the old timer just gifted me some buds from harvest every season. He finally gave me some seeed and simply called it red bud. With the fast flowering and citrus smell i can only deduce that it is the cali o or orange bud. It also has smaller seed then modern hybrid probably due to having smaller more plentiful calyxs in turn creating the physical orange red hair attribute we connect to cali o. I plan to pop all estimated 20 IBL and bag seed i have found this year. I am hoping to locate around 20 more seed for a worthy pheno selection, but it seems cali o is gone with the wind unless you know some old hippy.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I think if people are interested in cali-o but are turned off by the low potency reports and such then see if you can source Albert walker.

It's not the US Ablert Walker clone the one that smells like orange, it's a fake Albert Walker cut called the "Dago" Walker that was all over UK some time ago.

Been researching on that some years ago as well.

:tiphat:

S

sourpuss

I grew it a few years ago..medium potency sativa, good yield, nice citrus flavor. I tossed her after a few runs, just wasnt up to par with sour d, jackie o etc etc.

Ive had a bag of this years ago. Was as decribed by meduser imo. Id say it has a good quality buzz tho when u get one lol. Today it wouldnt get a good price imo. Tangie would be better.

Xian_preserve

Extreamly rare. An old time friend not long ago gave me some Jerry gave him back in 78 and he kept them ever since. I'm half afraid to even try germinating them

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Cali Orange bud is a very old line that suplosedly predated Sacred Seeds - it was a line given to them, not made by them.

Likely made by the Korean vets, or earlier by the older breeder collectives that went underground after Prohibition and Korean War.

As for old clones, ive run the late-70s clone of Gooey Mom.
shes amazing, but lacks vigor - only grows into a modest bush but is amazing smoke. Even better when outcrossed.

I played with Cali-O x 78Skunk, a joint project with OSG/ISP
Almost every plant was a mutant, most not surviving past several nodes.
The ones that grew to maturity were ok. Cool flavors but nothing worth cloning.

Latest posts

Latest posts