What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Bud Mould got me!

Mojave Dave

Hi all,

Just went out to me garden today to check on that big old Blueberry plant that's been growing out there for the last six months, and I just happened to see some brownish looking stuff on one of the buds. It was all soupy and nasty, so I cut her down and brought her inside where I clipped away all of the mould I could find. It was on three bud sites, Ibelieve. I checked the remainder of the plant thoruly, and hung it up. Now she's relaxing in my drying room.

Now I'm smoking a big chunk of that killer Biddy Early + AK-47 hash I made a few days ago to get over the shock of it all. Like eveyone else, I thought bud mould would NEVER happen to me...but there ya go.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Mold wiped me out this year and I lost tonsa cash, may not make it to the cup cause of it. I may be able to pull a crop before then though. Keep on keepin on Dave! :wave:

Mojave Dave

MynameStitch said:
how high was your humididy in your grow room?

WEll, the plant was outside in my garden, not inside in a grwo room. But I'll tell you it's been mighty himid outside the last couple of weeks in Southern England, so that may well have done the dirty on my buds. I'll plant something more mould-resistant this time. I think I'll plkant a couple of pure Sativa's (or mostyl Sativa) plants...like maybe a S.A.G.E or something similar.

But thank for replying anyway, Mate!

G

Sorry to hear about the mould. Never a good thing when we harvest less buddage. :pimp3:

Mojave Dave

Thaks Doc...I appreciate the sentiment. What a bitch it is to have to cut and throw away what would otherwise have been some very nice smoke. Next time I'll check them more often!

Thanks!

G

Hey Mojave Dave, Cali hippie in England huh? What a change of weather, how can you hang? The only time I got hit with mold was outdoors. The gray shit. From one day to the next. I lived by the ocean, and one night of fog and cold weather and I was a victim. If temps drop down to 60F and there is high humidity + nugs...the shit creeps quick. I think my biggest mistake was watering the plants carelessly. Gotta be super anal about only light early-morning watering, and no spray on leaves or anything. I was successful at cutting it off (lost about 25% of bud) until plants matured, but had to go to extreme measures like pointing a fan in the direction of the plants etc. I feel for you. It's like one day you're in love and the next you got dumped....this is a great advantage of indoors, humidity and pest control. peace.

Mojave Dave

Yeah...who'da thunk it? Actually, I married a strikingly beautiful English woman who was living a lie. I thought she was really sweet and perfect in every aspect, so I had no doubts about marrying her.
It turned out she is severely bi-polar with horrific mood sweings going from singing to her breakfast to having screaming, ranting fits in public places. Around the hiouse it's like a war zone everyday. I can well-imagine how a battered wife must feel every time she hears her husband's car door slam shut announcing the fact that he's home.

But I stuck around (for better or worse, ya know?) all these years. Anyway, when we lost the Internet busness we helped to build due to the stock market woes around the turn on the century (I like saying that!), my wife starting getting even worse. It's difficult to go from making more money than you can spend to having to watch every penny. I understand that. But she couldn't deal with it. About that same time she got news that her father was very ill with porstate cancer back in England.
So she begged me to bring her home to the UK. I got sick after working here for a couple of years, and have been totally disabled ever since. No chance of ever leaving and going anywhere now as I am simply too old at 55, and too ill with this life-sucking illness, to manage it. So, that's why I am in England! *grin* And yes, I am juuust a bit stoned at the moment.

Thanks for the information on the mould. I'll keep a very close eye on my next outdor grow!

G

Hey Mojave
I had a mold problem with a mazar outdoor this summer too. Manga Rosa is right just dig into the buds and cut that crap out. Let her mature and don't do anything drastic! The other thing that I did was to cut back on the water and let the buds dry up a bit.

Good Luck I've been there and I hate it

G

Sorry Mojave Dave I didn't read close enogh stupid me . I feel for you it is a horrible thing to put all of that time and effort into growing your baby to have that crap eat it.

Better luck next time

Sleepy

Veteran
Sorry to hear you are ill, Dave.

You'll get less mold next run through.

Best wishes to you and the spouse...does she get high?

Mojave Dave

garlic city gro said:
Sorry Mojave Dave I didn't read close enogh stupid me . I feel for you it is a horrible thing to put all of that time and effort into growing your baby to have that crap eat it.

Better luck next time

Thanks for all the kind words guys. It was sad indeed to have to cut huige chunks out of those luscious buds and watch them drop into the trash bag. BUt live and learn, I always say!

Mojave Dave

Sleepy said:
Sorry to hear you are ill, Dave.

You'll get less mold next run through.

Best wishes to you and the spouse...does she get high?

My spouse? Get high? I wish! Tehn I wouldn't have to arm myself each time I walked into my own house. The woman is a nightmare. Bi-polar and vicious. That psycho NEEDS to get high!"

But no...she does not indulge. (silly witch)

G

Dave,
I feel ya bro,fuckin mold was terrible this year,way to fuckin cool and wet!!!!!What a fight I had just keepin it in check.All's ya can do is cut it out and hope it dont come back,shit,better go check what ya got hangin,stuff has a nasty rep of comin back even hung up!!!I got two big ole Robert Plant bushes that just love the mold.
of course I mean only the outdoors plants!! :wave: :sasmokin:

Mojave Dave

A thing like that can bring a man to his knees and make him cry like a little girl, mate. I was reeally fucking bummed while I was snippin' gram after gram away from that big ol' bush. Ended up with next to no smoke from that plant, but was is there has turned out rather nice. I smoked a bit of the driest parts with a mate last night an we had no complaints! We saved a lot of the seeds that yo sometimes get even with a female plant, and so these are now (if I understand correctly) "feminized" seeds that will produce females themselves. We'll see!

G

"A thing like that can bring a man to his knees and make him cry like a little girl, mate"

Aint it the truth!!!!

ozkid

hey

hey

mouldy buds will still make oil. If I get mould I just chuck those buds into my oil making bucket.