What's new

Old school STRAINS/SEEDS from 2007-2012

OldSkewlGrower

Hi all. Haven't been to this site since 2012. Collected these from 2007-2012. Stored in the refrigerator since. Hoping to get back to growing and popping them someday. Anyone from those days still around here?
76755053-DF6C-45E7-B631-85FA3BD12017.jpeg

Last edited:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Welcome back.
I used to lurk starting around 2008, mostly followed eT and the Vibes Co guys back then. Then started this account once I really got into breeding.

Pop them seeds.
On a bed of EWC works really well for old seeds.

OldSkewlGrower

Welcome back.
I used to lurk starting around 2008, mostly followed eT and the Vibes Co guys back then. Then started this account once I really got into breeding.

Pop them seeds.
Thank you, sir! Glad to talk to another old school ICMagger. I'm not sure I remember those companies. Probably lost too many brain cells since those days. Do you recall the days when RezDog was very active on the board?

OldSkewlGrower

Welcome back.

Pop them seeds.
I want to grow again very much but currently not in the right space and setup. I'm working towards it. I can't wait to grow out the old school stuff. Cannabis these days is so different. I miss the genetics from back in the day. Do you pop seeds directly in EWC? I've never tried it before because the N levels are generally too hot for seedlings. I usually start them in moist coco. How do they turn out for you? If it works well I might try it.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I want to grow again very much but currently not in the right space and setup. I'm working towards it. I can't wait to grow out the old school stuff. Cannabis these days is so different. I miss the genetics from back in the day. Do you pop seeds directly in EWC? I've never tried it before because the N levels are generally too hot for seedlings. I usually start them in moist coco. How do they turn out for you? If it works well I might try it.
Regular soil, with like a 1/4 l" layer of EWC on top.
Got seeds older than me to pop

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Thank you, sir! Glad to talk to another old school ICMagger. I'm not sure I remember those companies. Probably lost too many brain cells since those days. Do you recall the days when RezDog was very active on the board?
Yeah. I remember him.
You can read about that fallout all around here.
Last year it was in vogue to trash any old seeds of his. But, there are a few big lines out there using that as a male to start putting the clones of that era in seed form. In fact, it got used so much, usually if you see SD in seed lineage, its likely to be Rez's SD Bx using some Afghan.

OldSkewlGrower

I see you have a pack of Big Haze bred by Crazy X. I grew a couple of those a decade or more ago.

full
full
Wow! She looks incredible! I remember this girl well. I popped 3 or 4 seeds and got 2 females, similar phenos, that both went about 22 weeks and still wasn't done flowering. It was good enough though. How did these ladies turn out for you? How long did you take them? Thank you for this wonderful visual treat!

OldSkewlGrower

Welcome back and very nice collection.

I believe I see a pack of Bog Seeds Sour Bubble in there! :good:

....... and a pack of Verdant Green's Cherryhuana f2 also.
Appreciate the warm welcome, and thank you! It's good to have dialogue with fellow growers after such a long time.

Yes! Sour Bubble, the strain of so much attention and controversy back in those days. I remember the mouth watering photos of rock hard Sour Bubble nugs that BOG used to post and have everyone drooling. He had an amazing pheno. Have you ever grown them?
I regret not grabbing a couple of his other strains back then.

Have you grown the Cherryjuana? If so, please tell me how it is. I've been curious about this strain for the past 11 years.

OldSkewlGrower

Yeah. I remember him.
You can read about that fallout all around here.
Last year it was in vogue to trash any old seeds of his. But, there are a few big lines out there using that as a male to start putting the clones of that era in seed form. In fact, it got used so much, usually if you see SD in seed lineage, its likely to be Rez's SD Bx using some Afghan.
What's the story behind the trashing his seeds last year, if I may ask?
I recall reading an article that someone posted when he got busted. He got raided up in MA or somewhere. This was around 2010-2011 if I'm remembering correctly. Everyone was pretty shocked, including myself. Those were different days entirely regarding legal status and security. Before that, he was trying to stabilize his Sour Diesel IBL line. That project had a bit of controversy surrounding it too. Is the male you're talking about from the IBL line?

Latest posts

Latest posts