What's new

mmmmmm...donuts

Earlmarne

I overvegged her then put baby in the corner with shitty lighting, so it doesnt surprise me that she didnt put out the bigger buds than i was used to getting with the 43. Im amped to run her again and see what happens. 2 surprise mislabeled or unlabeled clones in this basement. The grow gods have smiled upon my gardens:D
I wish i could get back my selected wifi clone i got from a seed run in 2012-13. That plant brought me so much joy and made me a mint. It was a straight og leaner with smaller golf ball nugs that were so dense that the seemingly lower yielding pheno always surprised me by wieghing heavy come havest. The first plant i broke 1gpw with, the first plant i grew and grew and really dialed in. I would grow her when designing a new room or system bc i knew her so well. Johnny took her from me a couple years back, something i will never be able to get over. She was what got me excited about popping seeds and made me realize that real deal elite weed comes from seed, not from some hype man on the internet. I once had great envy for the guys with the elite and hoarded cuts, but once my seed popping journy began that envy faded as i amassed my own harem of dank selections. Low and behold, peeps started hitting me up with elite clone offerings bc they respected my willingness to pop hella seeds and search through packs and packs in search of the fire. It was surprising to have respected members approach me out of the blue and share thier wares. Its fun trying the flavors of the day, but ill never stop seed poppin. I love it!
I started this whole gig on a few cuttings. That cinex cut is going to stick around for sure.
I think I got the bug bad though. I have a seed run in my flower room now and one coming up with clones of said plants to follow. I am really enjoying getting to know each one. Wish I had more room so I could really get to some pheno hunting. I will be popping a lot more beans in the future for sure. That said, there is something to be said for a proven cut. I was glad as hell to have another garden to go look at and compare with. I was able to look at growth from a mh veg vs Flo. Vert vs horiz. And much more. Having a constant makes drawing conclusions much easier for me

oti$

I know what you mean. It helps having the luxury of extra space and lights to play with seeds while running clones that i know and know will sell. Thing is, these days, if you do your research, its not hard to find something at least on point with what is available for sale around these parts. Some offering produce better results than others, but I'm rarely completely dissatisfied with any seed I pop. Sometimes they don't turn out as I'd hoped or thought they would, but i never have trouble getting rid of the end product. If they are grown with are and love, they show it and reward you in the end. I always have a favorite of the bunch, be it favorite pheno or favorite cultivar. I always run them at least three times and more of them than not have trouble narrowing them down and culling bc i love all weed and find strong points in most all of them. It can get pretty crazy at times, i mix shit up when the number of crosses gets out of hand, but i think it makes me a better grower and makes me pay closer attention to the plants. Im always on the hunt. No matter how good something turns out, ill continue popping and searching. Its a long game, but so much fun and very fulfilling. Ive tried to get a couple peeps close to me into growing hoping ill have someone to talk to about it as much as I'd like, but no one is in to it as much as you guys here on the mag. Im grateful to have you guys to talk shop with.

oti$

On the aog's, ill figure out a way to get them out there when i get together a safe place to make the seeds. I look forward to giving those out. I got luck getting that pack after production stopped and they were long sold out. Almost a miracle score. I really am excited to grow them out, but i have to pop the whole pack and flower and seed all females and males to do what i want to accomplish with them. Ill, of course, post here when that project is underway so you guys will know far in advance when that time comes. Thanks for showing interest and support:D

B

beanz

Ive got a pack of ancient og that a very generous member here traded me for a half a pack of one of my bodhi freebies at a time when scores of folks were kicking themselves for not jumping on them while they were still available. Iam saving them for a time and place that i can open pollinate the whole pack and make f2's for all the people who weren't lucky enough to get them and to preserve the genetics. I havent heard anything but praise for the ancient og.

dont wait too long , i had pack not germinate nearly 2 years ago .
there are few of us holding it now , more the better though

oti$

Im working on 2different property deals right now. One has a huge basement with several rooms with doors that would not take much to be sealed up so i could let the pollen fly with minimal risk of pollinating the cash crops. Hopefully I'll get the details worked out and get into at least one of them which will free up the space for some pollen chucking...ill hold off on calling anything I do breeding until i learn some more

Earlmarne

Im working on 2different property deals right now. One has a huge basement with several rooms with doors that would not take much to be sealed up so i could let the pollen fly with minimal risk of pollinating the cash crops. Hopefully I'll get the details worked out and get into at least one of them which will free up the space for some pollen chucking...ill hold off on calling anything I do breeding until i learn some more

I am fascinated with the breeding. Got a shop going up next year. Plant to build a tree room to get my numbers down so as to work towards my current rooms being open to pollen chuckin

Budley Doright

Veteran
Otis..... you know 10 years ago I made some seeds...... the old fashioned way....

It was pretty difficult finding a worthy male........

These days it seems to me taking 2 high quality females....then reversing one is the way to go...... gone are the days where you have to wonder if both plants are worthy.....

These days thats the direction I would go but I have to make a disclaimer....

I dont know shit from shinola.....:tiphat:

oti$

I bought the stuff to make sts a while back when i was testing gorilla bubbles for tonygreen. I never made it or used any, but have wanted to reverse thin mint and old family purple onto some stuff as well as make s1's of both. Honestly, i could probably start a successful seed company by reversing thin mint onto popular cuts...

Budley Doright

Veteran
Yup...did someone already do that?

Funny you should ask..... the last time I guessed a name of a strain that probably wasnt taken.....my guess was....toe jam.....

but no it was taken....

In this case I didnt check.....but Im guessing its ok.....

By the way ..... thin mints is on my to do list.....

Especially after you wanting to build your small empire based on this clone....:tiphat:

oti$

Man its been a while since ive posted. Ive been busy with a baby and life...also have not had a decent camera and posting without pics is no fun...

Ive got a bunch of seed going. All stuff ive run before, just new phenos. All fire. The ones that are above ground are cherry truffel and cherry lime from beanz and one tangie. I just plated old fanily purple, bubbas girl and 3 queens by csi, wifixglue, white pie fire cookies and fire cherry cookies by relentless. My last 4 gorilla bubbles by tony green and some glue s1 that i made.
picture.php

oti$

Thanks for popping in homeboys! I had a mouse a couple months back that destroyed about 35 seedlings, he came in right after they broke the surface and chewed the tops off. It was mostly baked beanz f2s(cherry lime, apocalypto, black lime reserve as well as some others i was really stoked to grow out) i have not had my best grow year...lost several clones, had a time dialing the environment in this new place, the mouse, and just not had the time ive had in the past to spend on my grows with new baby, work, and activities with my older kids. Ive got some time over the next few months to focus on sorting through seed and growing good weed and im stoked:D
Ive got 15 or so pie face along with 2x purple snow bubba(csi humboldt) and 3×sour dubb×suge pk(cannarado) going under 630de cmh that are about to be up potted and flipped in a couple weeks...ill be updating fairly regularly and ill post the beanz gear in his thread as well...

B

beanz

yeah , mice can be creative little buggers also .... I had,nt lost any seedlings in years , this season lost some due to them actually doing ridiculous jump down onto the trays .

anyway just incase you haven't made the connection ,, this is baked mate . came back from a little break and started new account

oti$

I put 2&2 together beanz, im excited to get some pics of your seeds up. I have grown a few selections out, but have not documented shit in several months. Im glad you are back to see some if them this go 'round. I have not had a chance to lurk the site yet, but ill be popping in to your thread shortly...

B

beanz

I,m not really running anything much here as far as a thread anymore . I,m mainly elsewhere keeping a thread going

everything is powering on though
picture.php