which Category did you prefer BhO or Edibles - EDIBLES Have WIN

• Bho

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Edibles

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rocket Soul

Just by curiosity, I checked the idea of measuring the terpens. Looks like we would need some lab running HPLC Chromatography tests. Portable HPLC machine costs thousands of Euros, not the budget yet : )
I know you can do basic cannabinoid testing in Barcelona for around 50e a sample. But isnt the whole point of the cups for the judges to be the testers?

Piecho

Agree, I do not opt for testing strongly. But if somebody decides to let us test "OG Kush" at lest references to the verified plants expected terpenes profile could be helpful.
I know you can do basic cannabinoid testing in Barcelona for around 50e a sample. But isnt the whole point of the cups for the judges to be the testers

We are trying to solve stigmatized sativa/indica classification, happy to have open discussion around that ; )

Rocket Soul

Agree, I do not opt for testing strongly. But if somebody decides to let us test "OG Kush" at lest references to the verified plants expected terpenes profile could be helpful.

We are trying to solve stigmatized sativa/indica classification, happy to have open discussion around that ; )
Seems like adding a hybrid category could solve this. Many of the newer strains dont really fit into strict indica/sativa categories.

Not too sure, its just an idea

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
35g of gear is £250 equivalent price to enter, then it has to somehow get smuggled across several borders. Steep penalties if caught. What are the prizes going to be to make that worth it? Somehow, bragging rights don't seem enough.

the gives options to maked easier about logistic side , another cups take for enters 4x times what you have right in pounds

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
35g of gear is £250 equivalent price to enter, then it has to somehow get smuggled across several borders. Steep penalties if caught. What are the prizes going to be to make that worth it? Somehow, bragging rights don't seem enough.

Last few times the winners received hand blown bespoke glass trophies from a top UK glass blower whose name I won’t mention. That’s an amazing prize, priceless in fact.

Peace

Piecho

Last few times the winners received hand blown bespoke glass trophies from a top UK glass blower whose name I won’t mention. That’s an amazing prize, priceless in fact.

Peace

It would be nice, to appreciate the DIY/small local producers in this way. Also for them, the idea of promoting the brand in the competition, Instagram page and poster. I am not aware about local market of that kind, but we might talk about it if organisers wish to go this way : )

I'm usually into promoting the good quality products or interesting engineering ideas, especially from the people who struggle with the promotion part but their work speaks for itself.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
last year we had make deal with athena for getting tincture kits with is 2,5K worthy for one winner but this Company not deliver his produce till now but i hope to see him personly to clear it when crossing my way his guy in europe is non stabile

Piecho

Just reminded myself. I have small macro lens with led as phone camera attachment. Nothing crazy, but allows to see the flower structure and how well dry it is. May be helpful, but if anybody has decent macro lens for DSLR or similar full body camera, please let me know ; )

Sample of flower from one of the clubs from last year. Mac was decent.

And brick one for comparison : d

Attachments

• 08122023_114406.PureView Xavi by Macusking.jpg
    08122023_114406.PureView Xavi by Macusking.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 47
  • 14122023_134056.PureView Xavi by Macusking.jpg
    14122023_134056.PureView Xavi by Macusking.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Lol fella. I'm the wrong guy to try to lift yourself up by trying to pull down. Nearly 20 years of trying to help out around this place. Just because you don't understand, doesn't mean you get to throw rocks.

where at cups or what you means exactly .,? did someone from cup team know you ?

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
What? How long have I been away? I thought everyone around here knew me.

i doint asked you how long you are here, i asked you did be one of Cup team .,?

sure i not know you personly then sure you not over last 2 decades in Dam or Barca that whats count here where we are now at this thread

if not please side in somefing were you not even part of it ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Really, you want to take pot shots at me? What's this? Sour grapes because when you wanted to do business with me I knocked you back?
This is not your site. You don't dictate who is allowed to ask questions in which threads about what. Yeah I've been in Amsterdam, no I haven't been to any cups. I keep my head down, that's why I'm still free despite being an O.G. from way back in the O.G. days. Wind your neck in diamodz.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
Really, you want to take pot shots at me? What's this? Sour grapes because when you wanted to do business with me I knocked you back?
This is not your site. You don't dictate who is allowed to ask questions in which threads about what. Yeah I've been in Amsterdam, no I haven't been to any cups. I keep my head down, that's why I'm still free despite being an O.G. from way back in the O.G. days. Wind your neck in diamodz.

then you have Zero to do with it and you bring neative energy to this thread.

you writing randomly bullshit that nothing to do with us here, whats you part to be non sympatic nightmare person

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I asked about the prizes, as no where have they been stated. If you don't think the prizes are relevant, then you don't understand psychology. Advertising a nice prize would increase the likelihood of greater participation. If you don't think that trying to increase participation is positive energy, and think telling members who have been contributing to this site for 20 years that they can't do that in this thread, is positive, then that's your issue, not mine.
You're a new moderator here, try being nice to the membership instead of authoritarian. Or perhaps ask experienced moderators what the outcome of attacking me is likely to be. Then run and hide.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
I asked about the prizes, as no where have they been stated. If you don't think the prizes are relevant, then you don't understand psychology. Advertising a nice prize would increase the likelihood of greater participation. If you don't think that trying to increase participation is positive energy, and think telling members who have been contributing to this site for 20 years that they can't do that in this thread, is positive, then that's your issue, not mine.
You're a new moderator here, try being nice to the membership instead of authoritarian. Or perhaps ask experienced moderators what the outcome of attacking me is likely to be. Then run and hide.

i longer then 2 decades here active and then now .,? i`m not new MoD over years good morning.

we doint have needs you imput last 2 decades here at cup or everywere else.

maybe is good for you to be 3 weeks without you & next single post in my threads you are gone for ever.

maybe the time of will help u how to talk with MoDs at all

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like a big misunderstanding here - the 4/20 cup has never been a money making enterprise - and has cost more than it has ever made over the 23 years or so of its existence - growers and breeders enter it to show off their flowers/hash etc to other growers and breeders mainly - and maybe win an award - once the judging is done - its as simple as that -
It's been a while since I was involved - several years - but the trophies were usually made by some great artist - and everyone went home happy - after attending a 4/20 event -
GMT has been around for ever - and he has a very enquiring mind - let him ask his questions - and if I can help - then perhaps we can give him some answers -