What's new

:::::::USA Set to Reschedule Cannabis::::::: HHS Releases Recommendation Documents:::::::

madalasatori

Veteran
everyone is different. i don't doubt at all that a percentage of enthusiasts notice a difference in performance both positive and negative. i was an x-ray qualified welder for over twenty years, and never had issues from cannabis. i hate that it causes you problems.:confused:
I hate it too! I do a job that requires me to multi task and think quickly, certain strains much worse than others for the hangover effect.

madalasatori

Veteran
Everyone is different, and its up to you to make that distinction, not anyone else.

How much are you smoking over how long of a period. Are you hammering it all down at once or spreading it out over time? What form of cannabis and how is it smoked?
Minimal amounts, 0.3G each night in a vape maybe. If I smoke a blunt I’ll be very bad the next day, depressed too. Only thing that cures it is weed :)

Loriented

nope. POTUS could call the head of the DEA into his office and say "remove cannabis from the schedule entirely by dawn, or bring me your resignation letter." DEA director serves at the POTUS's leisure, just as the Attorney General does. the head must be confirmed by the Senate, but POTUS is the boss.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right now, all that is illegal with the Fed anyway, right? In no way has the fed said it's ok to grow. Moving the schedule to 3 may conflict with state laws....so does schedule one, right?

You can't distill your own whiskey, why would they let you grow your own pot? I don't think they ever will. Moving away from schedule 1 would allow for a lot more research money to be available at least I would imagine.

If indeed it is the"cure's for everything from cancer to inflammation etc, then the powers that be are not going to like that, (big pharma) and will support the fight against it. It's like when Tesla approached JP Morgan with his power production inventions. JP shut it down saying, "If you can't put a meter on it, it will never see the light of day." Indeed it has not.
The research has been done, they just won't accept it unless done in the United States I guess. I'm not sure what they are talking about, saying, "We need to wait until more research can be done."

Cannabis is in fact a safe and effective, efficient medication and therapy for a variety of conditions. The modes of action utilize the endocannabinoid system which regulates body systems. It supports that system and helps it to run more efficiently, boosting a number of health indicators.

Big pharma has lobbied against cannabis for years, but I think their tune is beginning to change as they see a new opportunity for profit.

Dronabinol, synthetic THC, is prescribed to a friend of mine, they pay $600-700 for a 1 month supply. Insurance covers most of the cost. Do you see? :smoke:
nope. POTUS could call the head of the DEA into his office and say "remove cannabis from the schedule entirely by dawn, or bring me your resignation letter." DEA director serves at the POTUS's leisure, just as the Attorney General does. the head must be confirmed by the Senate, but POTUS is the boss.
Thats what I thought was true. I just feel like there is something keeping the president's power in check, be it societal pressure, lawmakers' advice, reputation, shadow government agents, or family members ties, the presidents aren't exercising their authority for some reason. Maybe he's been threatened, I'm sure there have been baseless warnings that he's been told.

We need a real man to be a leader. We need a president to light up during a State of the Union on national television, you know what I mean? Someone to correct the record. But there is a lot of back tracking because of all the accumulated lies over the years.

They are caught, and the authorities are in trouble for making a bad decision on cannabis policy. :smoke:

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

87 Years of lies!

I think we've waited long enough for the government to have a chance to correct this. Time to take the issue into our own hands.
Lets send them a message--OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

Link to story:

GOP Congressman Eyes Marijuana Rescheduling To Unlock Cannabis Research For Science-Based Policy​

Story by Maureen Meehan • 1d

U.S. Congressman Larry Bucshon (R-IN) says marijuana should be rescheduled under federal law to free up research that could inform the development of a regulatory framework for cannabis products.

While he opposes legalization, Bucshon acknowledges the need to address THC products nationally and recognizes the limited research on its potential health effects is due to its Schedule I classification.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Do you see what's going on here?

Federal and state government has NEGLECTED to complete necessary research on the benefits and risks of cannabis as a way to block representatives from developing the logical conclusion that cannabis should be legalized.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With all the states with cannabis industry, there is a large infrastructure set up for adult-use and medical use cannabis. Lots of people are working in this industry. Lots of people are buying, and lots of money is being spent. When people spend money that is like a vote.

If the federal government doesn't create a legal framework to allow states to have adult use cannabis, seems like that is going rouge against the will of the people and exceeding their authority under the US Constitution.

If its moved to Schedule 3 its really going to be interesting to watch. :smoke:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
full

Right now the tax rate ends up being about 70% due to the IRS regulation not to allow any expenses to be deducted!!!!

On top of that, the banks aren't able to do business with the cannabis industry. There is a cannabis banking bill that is working its way through the federal legislature right now. I think its supposed to pass from what i have seen.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
full

Right now the tax rate ends up being about 70% due to the IRS regulation not to allow any expenses to be deducted!!!!

On top of that, the banks aren't able to do business with the cannabis industry. There is a cannabis banking bill that is working its way through the federal legislature right now. I think its supposed to pass from what i have seen.
I have to file as self employed and am not allowed any deductions at all.
Th systems designed to make you a criminal.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That topps the cake after the fact that they've decimated the genetic diversity of cannabis and ruined so many lives as a consequence of maintaining prohibition. Just another example of the government going rouge, not representing the will of the people. Cannabis prohibition was based on lies, always has been. It was made illegal shortly after alcohol prohibition was repealed.

Glad you are able to make some profit. Hard to stay in business when you don't make much, or lose money. Thats rediculous to legalize a crop, but tax it so much that it makes it not very profitable. :smoke:

CBD plants have been crisprd for at least the past 5 years to remove the THC gene and add an extra CBD producing one

You could potentially edit a plant to have defense against mites, edit in a gene that prevents the contraction of viruses etc

No little backwoods grow is even going to be a flea on the back of legitimate science when it comes to "competition", because unfortunately many of those growers are about the farthest thing from actual geneticists and they don't have the funding and resources, it's people that have been using the same soil mix for the past half century inbreeding the same few strains that haven't learned anything new vs people with comparatively endless resources that experiment with new things daily

The federal government funds plenty of cannabis research, in post legalization states research is funded by state health departments, which receive funding from the federal government, there are even cannabis industry/botany classes at some community colleges

Hippies wouldn't exist without Albert Hofmann, and he was literally a "big pharma" scientist

"They" are not coming for home grows
Heard on future cannabis project that they are seriously considering using crispr to edit out the hops latent viroid susceptibility as well in commercial strains in the future...

mexweed

Veteran
Would be cool, replace it with a gene that increases roots/nutrient uptake or something to maybe help lockout or deficiencies, I mean it's not like the genes are live in a cured flower anyway, I think a lot of the "not science" beliefs people have in regards to it especially with food is that they are somehow ingesting what was used to make the modification and that it is going to alter their genes