What's new

The Grand Frankincense + Chem Double D Wreck Grow Log (GLOG)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great bro 😍

Man that Grand Frankincense is going to blow people away , seriously, especially the Haze crowd .
The Granddaddy Purple Haze ( Frankincense pheno) and the Dankincense are both incredible Haze's and mirror Hazes from the late 90's Haze phenos that we dont really see anymore ( spicy , Incense, Frankincense, black pepper etc etc , zero Lemon/Lime Terps)

The Frankincense SSSDH pheno hit with the GDP clone only Reversed was 1 of my favourite strains i made in my early days making Feminized seeds and decided to keep all the seeds after growing it out a decade plus ago , I sell the non Frankincense version of Granddaddy Purple Haze ( my SSSDH OJD cut x GDP) but kept all these seeds of the legendary Frankincense pheno ( SSSDH OJD 2) so I can bust it back out every few years and bring it back into the fold.

Paul-n-Chukka

DAY 44 FLOWER (Beginning of week 6)

Never though I'd have purple haze growing! Pistil tips turning purple. About halfway done, recommendation is 10-12 weeks. Look for the red dots: View attachment 18947604

View attachment 18947605

CDDW is fattening up. Not sure how long this strain takes, guessing 8 weeks. Witness the bulges:

View attachment 18947606
What are the red dots denoting? At first look the top one looked like it was above a swollen calyx but after finding the red dots on the following pic idk

Maria Sanchez

woolybear

Veteran
Regarding the clones:

For some reason the CDDW clones are way more vigorous than the Frank clones. Had to top them while the Franks are barely catching up.

About the plants:

The CDDW is undoubtably producing the fattest, chonky nugs I've ever grown. Brushing up against them with my hand, they feel like pinecones. Rock-solid nugs. Gotta be ultra vigilant to avoid mold.

EDIT: May want to run air filter 24/7.

This is also the first time growing in two gallon grow bags.

Frank has stopped shedding leaves for the most part (CDDW has dropped basically zero). She is colouring up nicely still. Purple haze!

Never mentioned this, but I top dressed each plant with a decent amount of used coffee grounds from my friendly local global coffee megabrand. No idea how that affected the grow but it looks nice, smelled good and free.

I have a tent free. Wondering if I should get one of each of the clones growing. I also have three more CSG beans in baby stage.

However, I have no plants ready to flower. Thats what happens when all of your tents were in flower mode.

Good times, thanks for watching

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 55 FLOWER (Week 7.85)

I've had to add multiple support strings to both plants, more so the Frank to get buds in optimal position.

I removed one top from the CDDW as the leaf tips were browning a bit too fast for me. Never want to get dead leaf matter in the bud.

Super easy to trim! Massive, rock-hard nugs. Bud structure reminds me of "kush" plants in the past, but with like 300% bigger buds. Trichs 100% cloudy.

cd1.jpg

cd2.jpg

Frank has two bud types: small golfball and the other one. Are those foxtails?

Golf:

gf2.jpg

More hazey I'm guessing?

gf1.jpg

This is a side bud, its looking good:

gf3.jpg

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DAY 55 FLOWER (Week 7.85)

I've had to add multiple support strings to both plants, more so the Frank to get buds in optimal position.

I removed one top from the CDDW as the leaf tips were browning a bit too fast for me. Never want to get dead leaf matter in the bud.

Super easy to trim! Massive, rock-hard nugs. Bud structure reminds me of "kush" plants in the past, but with like 300% bigger buds. Trichs 100% cloudy.

View attachment 18952526

View attachment 18952527

Frank has two bud types: small golfball and the other one. Are those foxtails?

Golf:

View attachment 18952529

More hazey I'm guessing?

View attachment 18952528

This is a side bud, its looking good:

View attachment 18952530
Both looking great, nice work.

If you like Chem and Diesel you will love the Chem Double d Wrecker and if you love Haze especially Frankincense Heavy Haze's the Grand Frankincense will blow you away.

woolybear

Veteran
Thanks OJD!

Took down 1/2 dozen tops of the CDDW. I also had a couple dry test nugs which smoked up mighty fine. Extremely dense nugs, quality smoke even after only 4 days. I'm sure after curing it'll get nasty.

I updated the timers to run the air filters 24/7.

I've never had real-deal kush or haze. I know what kush nugs supposedly look like after 10+ years of growing different varieties that claim to by kush. Never was blown away, especially bubba kush varieties. I don't like bubba kush. I've had some rec weed that claimed to be bubba kush as well, both sucked.

These have kush structure I've seen in the past, just way greasier and literally 3x bigger/thicker. Definitely running her again, but with a tomato cage support. Don't forget people, I lost BOTH main top stems b/c they broke under the weight of greasy buds.

I'm still feeding the Frank, have been giving the CDDW water. I'm very happy with how Frank is going; she likely has 2-3 more weeks to go, so mid Feb-ish harvest time.

I'll be very curious as to final weights. I'll probably harvest the rest of the tops with ugly leaves, leaving the 2nd level of buds to get some love. I saw a couple ambers but just about 100% cloudy, but the plant is telling me she's ready, tops at least.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
Quick updates:

- burnt the shit out of Frank's leaf tips, sorry frank. I may have mixed a nute batch with 3ml too much calmag. I snipped most of them off as it bothered me
- We had a week of mid-50% humidity, lost four of CDDW's big tops to mold - two before switching to 24/7 air filtering, two after. Its amazing how fast most explodes. Humidity is now around 40%
- Dry yield off the first round of CDDW her is 110grams, or almost four ounces! Amazing! All that fits in a gallon jar, so the herbs are super dense
- CDDW is showing some ambers, so the remaining tops are close to chop
- Frank is super colorful, dropping more leaves. CDDW has dropped basically zero leaves in comparison, very interesting
- CDDW's dry nugs have strong fuel smell. Or something like that!

I think I'm on track to harvest 1/2lb from the CDDW, which is amazing!

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 65 FLOWER (Week 9.28)

The journey is winding down friends, and looks to be a success.

Here's the CDDW after being clearcut:

cd2.jpg

a nug, we have some purple here as well. Mostly cloudy with some amber trichs.

cd1.jpg

Tent view. She's turning color fast and dropping leaves, getting close!
f1.jpg

Assortment of colorful flowers:
f4.jpg

f3.jpg

f2.jpg

Frank's trichs are mostly clear, with really long stalks! Not sure how much longer she'll go.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DAY 65 FLOWER (Week 9.28)

The journey is winding down friends, and looks to be a success.

Here's the CDDW after being clearcut:

View attachment 18957369

a nug, we have some purple here as well. Mostly cloudy with some amber trichs.

View attachment 18957370

Tent view. She's turning color fast and dropping leaves, getting close!
View attachment 18957371

Assortment of colorful flowers:
View attachment 18957372
View attachment 18957373
View attachment 18957374

Frank's trichs are mostly clear, with really long stalks! Not sure how much longer she'll go.
Looking great bro, how's the Grand Frankincense smelling ?

woolybear

Veteran
Regarding odors, hard to judge by sticking me head in the tent, but I was removing leaves and rubbed into some greasy trichs. Note I don't actually know what frankincense or other scents like sandalwood, etc smell like. Do I need to go to an essential oils shop? I do know what traditional incense smells like.

Spicy citrus grapefruit with wood in the background. There's the odor but also the feel of the smell going thru the nose. Feels like it opens things up. Spicy in that it seems to open up your nose area.

Lightly pinching some top buds, I get a much stronger modern cleaning agent, fresh, not minty, sinus-clearing effect. Bonus, the buds are nicely chunky. I want to say menthol but it isn't, but maybe a 10% version of.

Like the CDDW, I may end up having to take a round of tops early. Let me check the trichs....

BAM! we got a decent amount of ambers on a couple of the outer tops. They seems to be ripening at different rates. I think we have a 10 weeker here boys!

Also note I'm almost always congested. I remember seeing a post here from a dude who claimed to be an herb supertaster, that's definitely not me.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
WEEK 10 HARVEST NOTES - FRANK

- Frank plant ripened very quickly, with ambers appearing seemingly overnight
- Harvested like 15 of Frank's tops. My yield is going to be insane
- When trimming, Frank's stench was overpowering. Way more intense than the CDDW... almost headache inducing. The kind where you need to take a break every 5 trims
- These buds are chunky, and so very colorful (Frank)
- These will probably turn out to be the dankest buds I've every grown! (Frank and CDDW)
- Both very easy to trim. Frank's nug growth habit is very consistent, chunky tops with pairs of nugs every 1-3" or so

Thanks for following along. Once the frank is clear cut she probably has a week or so more to go. Still have the CDDW to harvest... I'm going to need to buy more storage jars!

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi bro

Sounds great

but which plant did you harvest and are talking about ? , its hard to understand if your talking about the Chem Double d Wrecker or the Grandaddy Frankincense ?

woolybear

Veteran
Hi OJD edited my post - it was about the Frank! She's ripening SUPER QUICK.

The remaining CDDW tops are just chugging along, no signs of yellowing or plant death, but meanwhile Frank is screaming 'I'M READY TO GO!' with leaves dropping everywhere. This would be about the top 10" of the main stems, the middle/lower growth buds are still green.

I was thinking CDDW may end up being an 11+ weeker. Still has mostly cloudy trichs, with a smattering of Ambers here or there. That's fine by me, as Frank is looking to fill my entire dry box!

woolybear

Veteran
Finished notes!

What a run! The CDDW is some dieselly, fuelly, amazing resin-soaked nugs. Running this again. Would probably be amazing commercial strain, if you can keep the mold under control. Also, not a bad nug to be found on the plant - all solid!

Can't believe all this plant went thru - splitting in half, losing both halves. Yikes!

Still need time to process the Frankincense. It definitely hits a part of my brain/head that none ever have effected, think the middle slice of your head. I should probably take a week off of smoking to really experience her with a clean palette.

Also running her again, maybe a bit less veg time as she's quick to grow and clone.

Thanks OJD!

p.s. I think we can say the LEDs worked amazingly well!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing show bro , and 2 sides with those 2 strains with Chem double d Wrecker ( Indica heavy) and the Grand Frankincense ( Sativa Heavy)

The Granddaddy Purple Haze clone ( Frankincense edition) used to make the Grand Frankincense is a really special plant for Sativa lovers in effect and taste , very unique.
Cured up its like Haze from 90's, a real blast from the past. ⛪

woolybear

Veteran
Here's my CDdW plants. The one on the left looks odd b/c she went into flower early and after putting her back on 18/6 she had to go thru a weird growth phase - throwing tons of spears (single-bladed leaves) and growing very slowly. You can also see how the stems are much longer on the left.

She seems to be catching up now, and she has healthy roots popping out the grow bag. I'm not sure if all three plants are the same age, I think they are? I think I moved the big girl into the big tent before the other two. Also she's in a two gallon fabric pot as opposed to the smaller two in plastic pots.

I need to get her a tomato wire thing for support. I also need to remove foliage as the plant just produces masses of leaves in this type of transition period.
PXL_20240402_194807053 (1).jpg

You can see the leaves look great. My first grow we had the period where the leaves went shitty, top growths, as I posted in this thread. I'll have to carefully monitor the situation when she gets flipped as thats when things went pear-shaped for the top foliage.

Also, the CDdW appears to be more fungus gnat resistant than my other plant.

Chem Double d Wrecker Feminized GROW GUIDE [4/5/2024]
- Flowering time: 11-12 weeks
- Coco users: Add Cal-Mag supplement in Veg/Flower. May need a bump in flower, be careful not to overdose
- Be gentle training this plant. Do not bend stems over 45 degrees or so. Do not attempt to main-line this plant.
- This plant requires support, tomato cage suggested
- This plant requires good ventilation and low humidity to avoid mold
- If you see mold, characterized by brown, dead, crunchy leaves in the buds, remove the entire top immediately and dispose. You'll know they are bad if they come out easily when you tug the end of the leaf.
- Check for mold multiple times a day in late flower if you have high humidity. Mold can happen very quickly. If you can rotate the plant (without it being tied down) it will make life easier
- This plant loves coco and appreciates top dressing coffee grounds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts