What's new

The Grand Frankincense + Chem Double D Wreck Grow Log (GLOG)

woolybear

Veteran
62 days since first picture post

FLOWER + NEW TENT UPDATE

The GF is in her new 2x4' tent. Flower starts TODAY, 12/2.

gf1.jpg

She has plenty of room to stretch out. I may take out the bottom two stems for cuts, as I doubt they'll reach the canopy. I'll have to tie down some more stems and remove some leaves.

VIPARSPECTRA 2023 XS2500 Pro LED Grow Light, 250 WATTS​

gf2.jpg

Chem double d Wrecker is stretching nicely, so I'll also put her into flower. 2.5-3" nodes, looking nice. All her stems have reached the canopy, which is nice. I don't think she'll need much further defoliation.

I always remove leaves to ensure more even distribution of light. I hate getting what I call 'cabbage buds,' ones that didn't get enough light.

cd1.jpg

cd2.jpg

and a view of the jungle:

cd3.jpg

So the GF will have 250 watts of flower power, while the CDW has 320 watts. There's room in the GF tent, so I may stick another plant in there.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow bro both strains looking great , some nice bushes , 👌 .

The Grand Frankincense I can't wait to see you throw into flower , she will likely stretch for a few weeks into flower as is a very Haze heavy strain , only GDP influence will be maybe she purples up.
But man of you like Spicy Incense type Haze's you will be in love.

And the Chem d Wrecker is a real special 1 to with that loud Diesel and Chem combined , she produces very loud indica leaning nugs that are full of Resin.

Maria Sanchez

@woolybear -- looking amazing in the two tents.
Really taking their shape now, and have just hit the 12/12 -- the stretch is gonna be fun, haha!!
Take those cut, please, take some cuts.
If they're average plants, no problem, but if they are keepers and you don't have cuts, you're gonna regret it, growmie.

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 10 FLOWER

Grand Frank has probably grown 5" or so. Canopy:

gf1.jpg

bud:

gf2.jpg

The CDDW's top snapped off. I found it on the tent floor, all the leaves reorientated themselves so it happened hours prior. However I wasn't able to put her back together; stems with from stiff to limp, so I cut her off

I didn't mention this before, but I snapped the other top off weeks ago trying to bend them down for low stress training. Whoops!

OJD mentioned in another thread that these can be tricky to train, he was right! So this plant is going into flower with the top nodes gone, wow! Never happened to me before.

Luckily she still looks nice. Note to self: This girl needs a cage!

cd1.5.jpg

flower:

cd2.jpg

We have a long way to go. I pray that they frank will not go too nuts with stretch. Luckily she has a 2x4' footprint to work with, in a brand new tent, so we'll make sure it works out.

Thanks for watching

woolybear

Veteran
A few more notes:

The frank is the biggest plant I've grown in my weed growing journey. I'm 100% positive I could get insanely massive(r) yields if i had like a 6x6' room for her.

If stretch becomes an issue, the top stems are pretty pliable. Can bend them 90 degrees no problem

Both are in two gallon pots, in 5 gallon plastic boxes, lined with black plastic. The frank has visible roots poking out, the lining is a bit darker.

I have rooted cuts of the frank, no problem cloning. I use little 1/2" rockwool cubes.

This is a new experience as in the past I would cram 3-5 plants per tent, but here I'm growing single big bushes. Can't wait!

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
More random text thoughts

Frank has grown 7" since starting flower. Hits you with some funk when the tent door is opened

CDDW drinks a fair amount more than frank. Its really cool that I can see them actively drinking in the mornings. I pour in a bunch of water and they slurp it up.

I feed at under 1000ppm, with 5-8 units of calmag per two quarts. I think frank needs the calmag.

Both seem to be used to the LED lights at about 100%. For some reason the light in the 2x4 tent has a couple additional stops on the exposure knob.

Frank has about 10" of clearance to the LEDs. I have the air blower at the top of the tent; if necessary, I can move it so that its vertical to the tent and free up another 12".

CDDW has 1.5' of room left, no worries there.

I think once Frank gets within 6" of the light I'll need to tie her down.

Temps are mid 70s average, 50% humidity average.

I rotate them once a week.

popped three new seeds: 1x Gas Galore, 1x SSSDH fem mix, 1x skittles fem mix. Will look to flower fast as I need to retire my current genetics. These being all feminized seed, I should have another 2x4 tent for the three soon.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Both looking great.
Grand Frankincense will keep stretching for at least 2 -4 weeks in flower so maybe think about tying her down early if height is going to be an issue , or snapping necks now and again every week.

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 21 FLOWER (week 3)

The Frank isn't going too crazy with stretch. I tied down the tallest stem, did some minor leaf removal.

Frank:

gf1.jpg

gf2.jpg

The CDDW definitely is a cal-mag hog. I think I'll need to bump her up to 10ml 1/2 gallon. I have three plants in flower, and all three seem to have different calmag requirements.

The old plants are fine with 3-5ml per 1/2 gallon, which is twice the label recommendation of 2-5ml per gallon. Frank and CDDW both seem to want more nutes and more calmag, with CDDW going for 2-3x label recommendation.

Edit: Forgot some pics!

cd1.jpg

cd2.jpg

@Maria Sanchez yes these are in coco, 2 gallon pots.

The CDDW tent def has a fuelly smell. The frank is more a light scent. Also, I need to have the cddw hvac run a couple more times during the night. I sniffed the tent and it was definitely on the moist side.

Last edited:

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 29 FLOWER

found the CDDW flopped over a few days ago; she dried out and I wedged a support to level her a bit.

cd1.jpg

cd2.jpg

This plant is leaning pretty hard. May have to rope her up.

cd3.jpg

I think I got lucky with Frank's stretch. Hasn't gone too crazy. Noticing the lower leaves are starting to die out.

gf01.jpg

gf2.jpg

Gave them some bloom booster today.

woolybear

Veteran
Further plans:

I think I have the calmag issue handled. Though a lot of the top leafs are miscolored, the mid-level leaves are fine. And from what I understand, the 'damage' is permanent so I'm not going to worry about it.

Looking close up at the leaf tips, I think I'm pretty close as to their nutrient level needs. I'd say 600-800 ppms, plus calmag at 150% label recommendation.... for the CDDw at least.

Frank seems to be a bit more tempermental. However, I'm wondering how much of this is me being paranoid about possible nutrient deficiencies vs the plant naturally changing color. She has purple in her genetics, so 30 days in if some turn colorful its what I want.

The Grand Frankincense (Frank)
= Grandaddy Purple Haze ( insane Purple Frankincense pheno) X Dankincense Male
African Frankincense vs Dutch Frankincense = Frankincense Heaven ( limited x don't sleep on this 1) 10-12 weeks

Chem d Wrecker Feminized project // Chem d clone only x Original Diesel clone only Reversed
Chem double d Wrecker x1 = Chem d clone x Chem d Wrecker 1 clone Reversed

You can definitely see how stacked the pine cones of the CDDW are getting.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the lower nugs develop, to rate how well the LED lights penetrate, and their performance overall. 570 watts.

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 36 FLOWER

CDDW ended up flopping over and breaking a main stem. Luckily, I was able to tie her up in time to save it.

I also did some wire work on the Frank, pulling stems up as they are sinking due to piling on buds. She's developing some color and the top leaves are yellowing, so I gave her and CDDW some bloom booster along with the BT anti-fungus gnat treatment.

Noted a few amber pistils on both plants.

Frank:

f1.jpg

another one:

f2.jpg

Pinecones on CDDW:

cd2.jpg
cd1.jpg

typ 82e

Frank is starting to show some color!

View attachment 18945087 View attachment 18945088

This is a no-pollen zone. I'll let the pro's do the chucking.
I'm not good at describing smells, but when the lights are off I'd describe it as a sweet jungle odor.
Is it also a no stem-rub zone ? You keep a clean ship brother .
I can't go a day without squishing & smelling the trichs on new varieties. I don't smoke the leaves i rub anyway

Latest posts

Latest posts