What's new

Super silver sour thai nevils

Maria Sanchez

I think I will have enough space as I will have a scrog net in place in the 4 x 4 tent to flower the seed plants rather than clones, it'll be much quicker too as I'm excited to get these done. Keeping them in small pots to restrict root's will keep them smaller too before flower is initiated. Then I can manage the stretch nicely. Thanks for sharing your bit of info as that made my decision easier.

I will be running a grow journal once they are a bit more interesting to look at but still in the 2L pots, so about 2 weeks time. How do I tag people in ?
Great. 2'x2' per plant should be okay.
The root restriction is a good idea, when will you switch from the 2L pots?
Tagging: just type a @ then the name of the person without a space.
As you type the system will auto suggest the name and you can select it.
Though I think you can just type it straight.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I very much enjoyed smoking some of the medium pheno. Very similar to the smaller pheno but just better in every way. Plus a clear influence of the sour. Taste is sweet sour citrus with maybe even a touch of something like saffron. No green flavor at all. Aside from burning a little hot this is great smoke with no cure at all. The buzz is strong and has a bit of that trippy caffeine effect I really enjoy. Had me enjoying the little rushes it was giving me for the first while after smoking. Now I need to hide the jar from myself until its at least got a little bit of a cure.

stunkfrunk

Great. 2'x2' per plant should be okay.
The root restriction is a good idea, when will you switch from the 2L pots?
Tagging: just type a @ then the name of the person without a space.
As you type the system will auto suggest the name and you can select it.
Though I think you can just type it straight.
I usually veg for 2 weeks max in 2l pots as the roots are full by then for potting on. I've restricted roots before and will hopefully keep them in 2l for a while after the roots fill up the space.
Now I know how to tag someone, cheers.

Maria Sanchez

I very much enjoyed smoking some of the medium pheno. Very similar to the smaller pheno but just better in every way. Plus a clear influence of the sour. Taste is sweet sour citrus with maybe even a touch of something like saffron. No green flavor at all. Aside from burning a little hot this is great smoke with no cure at all. The buzz is strong and has a bit of that trippy caffeine effect I really enjoy. Had me enjoying the little rushes it was giving me for the first while after smoking. Now I need to hide the jar from myself until its at least got a little bit of a cure.
Hide the jar! But you have to be blazed enough to not remember where you put it!
But, wait, then you won't be able to find it again?!? Unless you get high enough to remember!

Grower problems, haha.

I'm seriously going to split my stash up into a bunch of smaller jars/containers and hide it in strategic locations for security purposes.
Think I may need to geotag them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Starting to see a few amber trichromes and has stopped growing new hairs. She only has a few days left.
20240124_115855.jpg
20240124_115819.jpg

Maria Sanchez

Wow! I'm guessing that's the Thai coming through in the structure.
How are the aromas on her?

From your post on Jan 15, they must be about 14-15 wks, right?

Reactions: Rgd

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
And I chopped her down. Un staked and stretched out she was about 7 ft tall. Minus the 3 gallon pit. Earthy candy peachy. Not quite as sweet smelling as she was a few weeks ago. Still sweet but more complex. Should have a first joint smoke test in about a week. I already put another clone of this one into flower. Next ones going to be way bigger and aggressive trained to get maximum calyx per square foot.
20240126_181631.jpg
20240126_184002.jpg
20240126_184026.jpg
20240126_184049.jpg
20240126_184102.jpg
20240126_184125.jpg
20240126_184136.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

And I chopped her down. Un staked and stretched out she was about 7 ft tall. Minus the 3 gallon pit. Earthy candy peachy. Not quite as sweet smelling as she was a few weeks ago. Still sweet but more complex. Should have a first joint smoke test in about a week. I already put another clone of this one into flower. Next ones going to be way bigger and aggressive trained to get maximum calyx per square foot. View attachment 18951314 View attachment 18951315 View attachment 18951316 View attachment 18951321 View attachment 18951322 View attachment 18951323 View attachment 18951324

They look amazing, i gotta freebie pack of these from @ojd , can’t wait to pop these

Maria Sanchez

And I chopped her down. Un staked and stretched out she was about 7 ft tall. Minus the 3 gallon pit. Earthy candy peachy. Not quite as sweet smelling as she was a few weeks ago. Still sweet but more complex. Should have a first joint smoke test in about a week. I already put another clone of this one into flower. Next ones going to be way bigger and aggressive trained to get maximum calyx per square foot. View attachment 18951314 View attachment 18951315 View attachment 18951316 View attachment 18951321 View attachment 18951322 View attachment 18951323 View attachment 18951324

Fantastico! Looking amazing there @bigtacofarmer
Looking forward to your smoke report, as I wait for my fastest SSSTN girl to finish off in the next ... weeks.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Smoke report on the tall one. First of all I dried it way to fast. Temperature was single digits and below 0 the week I harvested and those airy buds were dry enough to jar in 3 days. I did get it jarred while some moisture was left in the stems so I think it will be alright after a good cure. But as of now the beginning of a joint burns very hot.

The flavor is what I'll describe as sandy peach. Very good. I think I slightly prefer the fuller more complex flavor of the medium pheno. But I also think it may change with a cure. The high is a warm fuzzy feel good sativa buzz. Nice and strong but not overwhelming in any way. The high lasts a couple hours. But I find myself wanting to smoke more about an hour in. I'm smoke a lot so that is not uncommon even if I am already high.

I'm going to so more smoking of all 3 and try to better compare. As of now the medium is my favorite of the three for both flavor and high. The medium and short pheno both have a dreamy aspect I really like. The high is more clear and trippy. Sends me down these little thought rabbit holes that I do not even notice until I'm coming out of them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Rolled a big fat joint of the tall longer flowering one for work yesterday. The harshness from drying to quick has mostly gone away. Burned smooth with thick earthy peach smoke. Tasted excellent. Just a little gas but mostly fruit like peach. Not at all like any other haze I've grown. The high was strong and mostly in the head with a slight warm fuzzy body high. I would not describe it as clear. More dreamy. Absolutely terrible for trying to remember what the hell I was supposed to do at work. But not a problem. They don't pay well enough for me to not get super high and wander clueless. After work I still had 2/3 of the joint which got me super high 2 more times. I did find myself wanting to lay down. I has been a long week with 2 days riding at a bike park and a long late night ride plus a few closing shifts at work. So I'm not blaming the smoke for a heavy crash. I'll be doing a fat wake and bake with her soon and see.