What's new

STEP IN THE ARENA

Whats up Man, Looks like everythings running smooth.

I'm actually trying to come up w/a setup design myself to try.
Yours looks sweet man, I like that you shine more stage light on to the ladies legs:jump: Bet that's really gonna increase your avg yield! But I wouldn't really know yet.

Hey, looks like your getting alot of extra light, do you think you could get more from above the plants back down to them?
& Since your fencing, do you think air from the ground vertically & diag up would swirl breeze through the plants better...? hey, every lil bit counts!D

The DSDxC99 sound like some SourSkittles candy or something. Dig it!

-SD

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UDPATE!

UDPATE!

Haven't updated in a while. Its been busy around here, but that's a good thing.

Good to see yall are still with me.

I flipped the switch to 12/12 a cpl days ago.
I did some pruning a few days before on all the plants. Some more than others.

Here is a picture of the DSD99 before the pruning and training session.

picture.php

I cut off about 20-30 fan leaves and also some of the smaller branches at the bottom of the plant, and pulled several branches thru the screen. Here is a pic of what she looked like after. She looks a lil beat down from being pulled back n forth thru the screen, but she perked up a cpl hrs later.

picture.php

I didn't trim them as much as Jrosek recommends, but more than enough to let alot more light thru. I'm gonna continue to train the girls thru the screen until the flowering stretch stops and do another pruning session somewhr around day 20.

DAY 1 12/12
picture.php

The PCR is the one on the bottom left. This girl might not be fit for this setup. She is a slow vegger and can't keep up with the other strains in the room. I don't think she's a big stretcher either.
Mr.M's SDxSSSDH is just the opposite. Too damn vigorous. So this grow is not gonna look very uniform at all.
Next time I run this setup, I want to use 3 or 4 strains with similar growth patterns and flowering times.

DAY 1 left side

picture.php

DAY 1 right side

picture.php

I am still trying to get the Blumat drippers dialed in to where I want them. They work fine, I just haven't been able to get them to stop with only a small amount of runoff. I hope to have em dialed in by the end of the weekend.
The "REZipe" is going well so far. The GH nutes are much cleaner than the Floranova I used last grow

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, looks like your getting alot of extra light, do you think you could get more from above the plants back down to them?
& Since your fencing, do you think air from the ground vertically & diag up would swirl breeze through the plants better...? hey, every lil bit counts!D

-SD

The majority of the light is thrown out to the sides of the bulbs. The light above and below the bulbs is not nearly as intense IMO.
As far as the air, the 2 fans blowing on the bulbs produce a pretty strong breeze. Once the door is closed it gets nice and windy in there. And the 6"Vortex cleans the air out of the room pretty fast. Not a big space at all.

MARLO

GoatCheese

Veteran
picture.php

I'll let em veg for about another week or so, to get the roots goin.
Then I'll flip the switch.

Haven't hooked up the blumats yet. Hopefully 2mrw. First feed was with a hand wand.

MARLO

Cool shot!

i have been thinking about these one-pot vertical scrogs quite abit lately, so this thread is a great help for some ideas.

Nice set up. Awesome thread.

:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
beautiful. I run a 600w grolux hps and a 400w CMH, same pattern. I've been using bamboo steaks to train my plants, but I'm liking the scrog idea more and more...

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
beautiful. I run a 600w grolux hps and a 400w CMH, same pattern. I've been using bamboo steaks to train my plants, but I'm liking the scrog idea more and more...

Cool shot!

i have been thinking about these one-pot vertical scrogs quite abit lately, so this thread is a great help for some ideas.

Nice set up. Awesome thread.

:tiphat:

Thanks.
Check out DonkDBZ's grow in the vert section. He made some scrog pots and had a nice run too.

MARLO

N

nukkumatti

Oh yeah.. GOnna fix some scrog for myself for the next run! And the next..;)
Nice updates bro!

I hear ya on the feedback!

Hey, glad to see ya. Was hoping you where just busy or comp was down or something, glad to know you where just busy:tiphat:

I like the set up, it's inspiring. Trying to put something together on my own right now. Size of space isn't a matter, so it's really down to the fact I don't want them to go past 3ft & I have to work w/2x600HPS 1x400MH. Mainly I would like it to focus on lot size for selection. Then in about a month or 2 I can get more 600HPS's & light movers. Thats when I'll be able to get the rage on!

Checking back soon!

-SD

greenatik

good shit marlo, everything is on point in here. i also do quite a bit of fan leaf pruning and have good results. will be watchin :)

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wsup yall

The plants have been in flower for about 10 days now and they are really filling in the space with all the stretch. Its starting to get a little out of control in there. There are a couple fan leaves that have grown into the light already. The plan was to do some more pruning around day 20, but there will definitely be some pruning done alot sooner.
I really want to get in there and tie down and train some branches, but I have family in town that I have to entertain, so the grow is gonna have to wait.
The Blumats are looking like they are pretty well dialed in now as well. I didn't like the idea of having to take all those pots out to water them like I did last grow, but these blumat drippers are making it a lil too easy. I just mix up 5 gallons of nutes, fill the rez, and do it again when its almost empty.
I will try and get some new pics up 2mrw and also after I get a chance to make some adjustments

Happy Easter!

MARLO

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Finally got a chance to do some work on this grow.
I knew things were getting out of hand, but I didn't think they were growing this fast. The coco and blumat combination is definitely making a difference in growth rate. When I was doing handwatering and a coco/ffof mix, the plants didn't grow this damn fast. Hopefully there will be an increase in flowers too.

Here is what the room looked like. This is day 11 of 12/12
picture.php

The plants are really getting their stretch on. If you look closely you can see some of the plants wrapping the bulb in the back. There were about 5 or 6 toasted fan leaves back there as well.

All the plants were removed from the room and I did some minor pruning and alot of tying. They desperately need some major pruning, but that is gonna have to wait til day 21. According to Jrosek's posts, he found that pruning before 3 weeks was not productive.

Here is what the room looked like after a couple hours.....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like everything is back on track.

MARLO

Latest posts

Latest posts