What's new

Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrider

Spain

Spain

"What fantasies flash through your mind when you think of Spain?
Do visions of picture perfect white stucco houses overlooking sunny secluded beaches,gypsy flamenco dancers,rich red wine and all-night parties bounce through your brain?
An escalating number of tokers are living out these fantasies in this land of sun and fun.Super smoke is supplied by a swelling web of sun workshipping outdoor growers that traditionally breed their own seeds."

Yeah Spain is cool^^^

redrider

Colombia

Colombia

I'm going to have to make it down there one day. the better question is how am I going to get my seeds out? lol.

You can mail them out or Fed Ex or some other service, all I have sent from here made it.

sugabear_II

Veteran
just saying high to all the folks on the ust :wave:

popped my last two burmese pure seeds a couple weeks back and they're looking really nice and ready for flower soon.

speaking of - hey mod - how's your burmese work going?

I made a cross of an indica oregon90 plant to my burmese pure and I am growing out the offspring now - they are stinky and I'm really excited to see how they turn out here's a pic of one of the girls now - I know she's not pure sativa so I hope you don't mind me posting her here.

-suga

oops forgot the pictures

here's a top view of the two girls of this oregon90 x burmese pure cross

as you can see the one in the back is looking more indica and the one in the front more sativa

here's a side view of the indica one ablmost 3 weeks into flower now

oh and nearly forgot I'm also growing two clones of woodhorse trainwreck which again is indie/sativa here's how she finished last time

Last edited:

Limeygreen

Veteran
Rahan,
Love your pics and would the sound of the Indian x Ethiopian. By any chance did you get the Ethiopian seeds from a seedbank of were they a fantastic find? Keep up the great work, got me hypnotized looking at those ladies.

G

UST :wave:
Sativa Pics
The Easy Sativa : vvv VVV vvv

7507yuyutrtrty--69-med.JPG

75078_dd_14-6_ES-114---69-med.JPG

~

COS : vvv VVV vvv

7507cospotjedec--69--.JPG

~

Pure Power Plant : vvv VVV vvv

7507ppp1--69-med.JPG

7507topjePPP--28-10---S1-69.JPG

_ ° 0 _

. :sasmokin:

G

This thread is incredible ! Thanks motaco!

Limeygreen said:
Rahan,
Love your pics and would the sound of the Indian x Ethiopian. By any chance did you get the Ethiopian seeds from a seedbank of were they a fantastic find? Keep up the great work, got me hypnotized looking at those ladies.

They come from the African seeds bank, circa 2001. Since then, I made several reproductions and the strain seemed quite stable, especially when grown under very good conditions. According to the breeder's description, they come from the rasta camp of Shashemene but it's unclear whether they are Jamaican seeds brought to Ethiopia or native Ethiopians. What I can say is that the seeds and the overall shape of the plant make me think to an South Indian origin.

Raco, the ACE Panama seems incredible. I was blessed with some Panama red seeds supposed to be from 1970 and used as part of the breeding process of the ACE Panama. Will be interesting to compare although I have not your abilities with the plants ;)

Redrider, your Colombians are very very pretty :) I had the chance to grow some BSC Colombian gold (the same as jingle indeed) and although the hermies, I found it a nice strain. More indica during vegetative and finishes more like a sativa, strong high very spicy that becomes very sedative when too much smoked. Here are some pics from a fluoro grow, not very nice I'm afraid...

It's interesting to see your Colombian sativa !

Good vibes to all at the UST :)

Rahan

G

Good morning Sativa lovers. I hope I get a camera before my panama red is ready although she may be beautiful just to me (and probably you guys,lol). She is at about 13 weeks, the bro who gave me the seeds said she'd be ready at 14 weeks but I think that I'm looking at at least 16 minimum. She is maturing from the bottom up, the buds are pretty wispy especially at the top. Crystal coverage is spreading from the bottom up too. I have high hopes for this lady, I've got a mom already. I had one male that died so I couldn't make any PR seeds but I did dust a few buds with some double dog (chemdog x chemdog d) pollen. If anything comes out of that cross I'll call it Red Dog!

G

Hey rudedude,

Have you some infos on the history of your Panama seeds? All the Panamean strain I saw on several forums where : Panama seeds supposed to be from 1970's and sometimes called Panama CBC, Panama from modern genes in Panama, Panama red collected by spanish growers and Panama from Dr Greenthumbs.

That will be interesting if you have a different line, it's hard to re-build the Panama red history :)

Good vibes :)

Rahan

G

Hi Rahan. The brother that I got them from told me that he was once part of a collective group of growers that were trying to preserve heirloom varieties so I would guess that they are of the vintage variety. it's a short plant for a sativa but I would venture it is 100% sativa from leaf and bud structure. I wish I could be more help, I was just signing on to try and do a lil research on panama red myself, lol. The buds are very airy, I only use a 400 watt hps and I'm guessing that this PR could use alot more light to really produce. It still should be pretty potent though even if the buds might be a lil homely, lol.

B

bonecarver_OG

spain :D thinking about spain a lot of emotions and thoughts come up and it might be a bit dificult to get it together to something intelligent - but i will give it a try. .

i had been travelling around for a while (most part of my adult life) and after spending almost a year in central america (costa rica and going up to mexico) i really was cought in the latin flavour - part of the truth is also i allways were weak for the brunettes .. anyway after some crazy moves around me i decided to leave my base in UK for something more relaxed and warm.. i left in a plane to barcelona - aiming to find a ex-gf..

many years have pasts - the old ex-gf kind of got lost somewhere and a new better one took her place and i decided to stay. - the best decision i have made in my life. my dream was allways to get my piece of land (for growing my weed and veggies) and to be able to live from what i do well - im an artist and here there still is lots of work left for ppl like me. sometimes i think i have been so lucky for my desicion to go here. without that i'd be most likelly doing something depressing somewhere anoying. :D

its not because spain is a paradise - its far from that - it has its share of social problems and a dark past with a lot of nasty things - people have not forgotten what happened during franco - maybe this is why its such an accepting and open society.

from what i have understood spain was even more liberal in the decades just following the death of franco - but still its possible to smoke spliffs on the beach without anyone looking twice at ya.. atleast on most beaches down here.

when it comes to outdoor growing - as long as u are not going crazy with the amount of plants there shouldnt be too much trouble - atleast i think it seems its more likelly here in this area to get ur plants ripped by thiefs than the cops. still the cops do regular helicopter scouting missions over the countryside - but as long as its fairly stealthy it should be ok.

the laws here.. they depend a lot on what area u are living in - some areas are harder than others - its equally illegal everywhere - get it right growing IS illegal here - its jsut not as hardly punished as in other countries - what here easilly ends up in a fine in my home country is a mark for life that will make working alsmot impossible and a loong time in jail. :(

the climate here IS mild - almsot sometimes too hot - atleast where i am - there is a lot of difference depending where in spain u are - but most of this country in summer is close to 40 degrees celsius.. down where i live there is almsot no rain - we had 3 days with 1 hour long showers in the last 3 months.. actually its possible to say the desrtification is becomming a problem.. it means diminishing water quality and rising prices - and possible fines for water use in excess.

in spain there is a LOT of imigrants - most live in cheaper older neighbourhoods - sometimes its possible to talk about downright ghettos - but in the lower income areas the ppl live mixed -accepting each other. while in the rich urbanizations the rich get more secluded from real life in spain. thats how life goes every where. but still it hurts me to see whats happening around here - agriculture is dying because of the golf courses.. they just cant pay the same money as the posh so they loose their income.

but STILL for canabis culture, and for living relaxed with minimum paranoia - this is a really good option :D i wont move anywhere - thats for sure! we just started building on our house, my gf and me :D

everyday i go work outside - the sun is shining - and still being december i have to take my shirt of because of the heat. i remember well going to the compost heap on 24 december and found lots of seeds i threw out sprouted :D (4 years ago)

the days are hot - the sun is really strong.. the nights get a bit chilly - but thats just during a few months - starting from december and going on untill aprill-may. even if the nights are chilly - when the sun comes out during the day - it quickly gets hot :D

im sure u can grow sativas well here - even if they take long time to finish flowering :D

workwise i find it a must to talk spanish - and if u talk anyu other languages on top its a great bonus. the work market here is quite good for ppl with studies and language knowledge - and also there is a LOT of work in the construction industry - spain being a country in a boom of construction.

the future looks great for this country - in spite of the politicians trying to do the oposite :D

if there is any specific questions i might to be able to write something more coherent hehe

peace :D

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bone,
thx for the input,bro...:wink:
Not only you are an artist...
you are a kick-ass grower with a great taste for ganja
respect!

G

I know one of you guys grew some Manga Rosa. Does anyone have some info on this strain? I got seeds of the Manga. Also does anyone have any info on Punta Roja may also be Columbian Red? Got them from a really nice guy in Brazil.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Hey sug. glad to see you stop by. Got that 150w tweaked right I see. lookin good.

Raco you gotta let me know how you like that panama. I can't wait to try some colombians one day. never came across any yet unfortunately. I hear nothing but great things about them.

BONE CARVER thank you I really appreciate your time in writing that, it was quite detailed. It is truly rare to find a city like new orleans where rich people are right there with the poor in many neighborhoods, but spain sounds far less extreme than how they've done it in america. It really sounds like my kind of place, I'll have to find a spot I really like. Spain is #1 on my consideration list, with a couple other places (malawi, jamaica, brazil, and colombia) but spains got the lead a good bit. and I'm totally willing to learn a new language. and i'm not lookin to grow acres I just don't want to end up in jail over a shed size greenhouse.

Oh btw I started putting up the US section. far from done though.

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
THE MIDWEST.

The midwest really started growing weed as the farming economy fell there, farmers who couldn't make ends meet ended up blending it in or clearing a patch in the middle of a corn field and using it for herb. They are a much smaller group and really are not necessarily sativa growers so I don't have much to say about them.

I'm interested in the MidWest myself. Great type up on America so far.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
well in that case I'll spin by my other site and see what what the midwest growers are up to.

never got around to their thread there yet, maybe they got some useful info for me.

B

bonecarver_OG

malawi - got friends who lived there - a person has to seriously consider to change their life completelly to live there - if ur not wealthy and then u can get things u like normally. my friends lived on dry fish and rice for a year! hehe

jamaica - i got family who has lived many years in jamaica - it seems to be such an interesting place - so much contrast between the uterly poor and the tourist urbanizations - the violence and crimes are part of everyday life - even my sister was forced to stab a man (her boss) to stop him from trying to rape her (but that kind of stuff can happen anywhere).

brazil has been very popular between travellers as a place for retiring and chilling - in the small villages along the atlantic coast life seems to be very sweet :D

colombia is interesting - but of the latin american countries - its almost only Costarica that got a extremelly good infrastructure - medical care is for free!! and there is drinkable tapwater all over the country! - very important things for comodity and cost of life hehe

remember - as a foreigner u need to homologize ur titels if u want to work within the medical care or the academic world (actually all titels) - and spanish bureucrazy is very slow sometimes :D this means - most ppl have to look for new jobs when they get here - that is - if u dont bring ur own work with you (a business etc). if not its just a question of hard work and determination :D im sure if ur ancestors could do it - u can too :D

i think for what you want spain seems to be a good option :D hehe

peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts