What's new

Red Hair Skunk

I've been looking for the old skunk/sativa from the 70's 80's and 90's that has long red hairs, Is it extinct? Has anyone played around with it lately? Also any bag seed from the 80's or 70's would be amazing to see! Thanks guys!

No one wants it. No one likes skunky weed anymore.

heirloomganja

Man, I really didn't know it was a strain, I thought it was a handful of cultivars
1707245212686.png

1707245267879-png.18956237

Attachments

• 1707245267879.png
    1707245267879.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 256

Shua1991

I've been looking for the old skunk/sativa from the 70's 80's and 90's that has long red hairs, Is it extinct? Has anyone played around with it lately? Also any bag seed from the 80's or 70's would be amazing to see! Thanks guys!
Ace seeds just released a "Oaxacan x Panama" f1 sativa, and inbred a "panama" that both have "Red haired" phenotypes but they are old school sativas instead of Dutch watered down cash crops like Positronics>Nirvana/Homegrown fantaseeds offered.

William76

The old red hair skunk was a lovely smoke!,freind got a pack when first released,said they were big seeds that looked like small black eyed peas,got them in the dam at positronics shop,kulu seeds that used to be positronics still sells them,hard to find but still some around,other company's have there own versions but like other strains is not as good as the original,hope u get it sorted,76

cbotany

Ace seeds just released a "Oaxacan x Panama" f1 sativa, and inbred a "panama" that both have "Red haired" phenotypes but they are old school sativas instead of Dutch watered down cash crops like Positronics>Nirvana/Homegrown fantaseeds offered.
Thanks bud, I'll look into it, ace seeds seems to have amazing work

cbotany

The old red hair skunk was a lovely smoke!,freind got a pack when first released,said they were big seeds that looked like small black eyed peas,got them in the dam at positronics shop,kulu seeds that used to be positronics still sells them,hard to find but still some around,other company's have there own versions but like other strains is not as good as the original,hope u get it sorted,76
Thank you! Kulu seeds seems like a good choice! I'm looking at them now.

heirloomganja

My brotha, are you still growing these? I love the packaging on these
These are packages from back in the days of Positronics in A'dam. Don't have these. Only grow certain tropical varieties nowadays.
Wietzaadjes.nl is the only company with Skunk red hair in their stock, only feminized available. Kulu Seeds was busted a few years ago and their seed stock was confiscated too.
The Sativa Seedbank had a very nice Oaxacan for sale 14 years ago, which was pretty mold resistant and early when grown outside.
If the Panama variety is the old variety from back then I doubt it. A lot has watered down over the years.

cbotany

These are packages from back in the days of Positronics in A'dam. Don't have these. Only grow certain tropical varieties nowadays.
Wietzaadjes.nl is the only company with Skunk red hair in their stock, only feminized available. Kulu Seeds was busted a few years ago and their seed stock was confiscated too.
The Sativa Seedbank had a very nice Oaxacan for sale 14 years ago, which was pretty mold resistant and early when grown outside.
If the Panama variety is the old variety from back then I doubt it. A lot has watered down over the years.
Yeah, I love sativas but I also have a bunch of long long flowering sativas i need to sort through before I try another, I'm probably going to pick up some of the fems and cross them out with some of Todd McCormicks skunk cross i've made and select for red hair :) Grateful for you buddy! I'm not apposed to "watered down" gear I breed for myself and curiosity, we have enough breeders breeding for high thc, ect ect I've just always wanted to try the red haired skunk after reading about it, and old stories. I also love old bag seed (pre 2000) it always seems to make something that I find enjoyable.

Terpyterps

Omg, that looks so old school weed! Gotta try that out this year!

Latest posts

Latest posts