What's new

PC Case Growers Club

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Here are some photo's my plants. They have 2 to 3 weeks to go yet. :biggrin: They have a very skunky smell. I hope every one else like them. They are still flowering strong, I'm very tempted to let them go for it as long as I can. They're in my PC Case so I guess when it is filled I'll have to harvest. :biggrin::smokeit: While I showing photo's here are some new pics of my pc grow case. The last 2 photo's are of the front intake with Srubninja's light trap design on the fan and then the carbon filter on the exhaust fan. I'm also experimenting with old CD and DVD's as reflectors since they reflect a full color spectrum. it's basic but works good, it's my first one, it has works good enough that I'll make some improvments and using it and I'm going to make a bigger better one soon.

P

Paranoid one

Hello IcMag.
This is my PC case :)
Back of PC
rhy0lite911

Verified144-1.jpg

Front with cover
Verified155.jpg

Front without cover
Verified156.jpg

Power
Verified160.jpg

Inside
Verified170.jpg

Verified165.jpg

Thanks BC!

(sorry i took your way to attach the power strips, its just that is how i planned on doing it, but you posted the complete design a lot earlier (2months earlier))

This proves this quote
"Great minds think alike"

Here is how my fans/lights are working

delete.jpg

dy-no-mite3000
This is what i did with that 300 case. Maybe will give ya an idea...

If you have experience in electrical field, i would suggest not using power strips, even tough they are easy to install.

Keep it geen.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks detoneSmoker and dy-no-mite 3000!!
I'll post pics of the dry buds tomorrow..I LST'd all the side stems when it was young and just let them go..I had 17 budsites in total partly to the LST and to the strain..That 38 gram cola dried to 10 grams! Still huge though..It didn't shrink much but I'll post a pic of that too..
great job Paranoid one!!

microgram

Personally, i'd just go out and buy a 12 vdc wall wart, transformer, what ever you want to call it, and use that. Simple, yet very effective, space friendly.

BC, was it slow release osmocote? I read once that this guy used them, but only on the top of his girls (on top of the soil that the girls were transplanted into), so come time for flower, he removed the top layer of soil, and he had phenomenal results.

UG :smokeit:

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thats a good question microgram..I still have the bag so I'll go check..I do know it said something about urea and slow release..thats a good idea on top of the soil cause at least you can remove them...I had to wait till I watered for them to float to the surface of the soil...
I am using organic soil now with micro organism's and beneficial bacteria..the soil is .06-.04-.06 so I have room for nutes when needed..I am also going to try the Iguana Juice again..it was too strong for that other soil..
I'll get back with those ingredients...
An old cell phone adapter is good but I also use those wallyworld adapters and they are great..you can also lower the voltage on them when needed..
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

detoneSmoker

Thanks detoneSmoker and dy-no-mite 3000!!
I'll post pics of the dry buds tomorrow..I LST'd all the side stems when it was young and just let them go..I had 17 budsites in total partly to the LST and to the strain..That 38 gram cola dried to 10 grams! Still huge though..It didn't shrink much but I'll post a pic of that too..
great job Paranoid one!!

Very welcome, Ill try gettin some new pics up tonight.

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
It all depends on the dimensions of the LED and your pc dimensions..
I don't think you would be able to mount it inside on top though..but we need the dimensions of the light and your pc..
It is possible to just mount it right to one of the walls inside your pc too..but it would be side lighting then which is still good..I used side lighting in my pc with great results..

Hope this helps

H

herbal essences

The computer is 16 1/2'' tall and the light fits inside of it mounting it is no problem i just wonder about light bleaching really.. but the plant will be trained low either way

H

herbal essences

Detone I maybe incorrect but arent those just spiral cfls in a casing? If so, shouldnt a regular one give you even more light horizontaly?

D

detoneSmoker

Detone I maybe incorrect but arent those just spiral cfls in a casing? If so, shouldnt a regular one give you even more light horizontaly?

yeah there spiral cfls. but they focus the light perfectly in a case. think of it as a cfl with a built in hood. i bought 2 more today the cheaper 13 watt ones. will see what they do.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
There is a thread on those here, detone. You might find some info. I wouldn't use them personally, considering the price. PLLs are cheaper and it's not often that happens :smokeit:

D

detoneSmoker

There is a thread on those here, detone. You might find some info. I wouldn't use them personally, considering the price. PLLs are cheaper and it's not often that happens :smokeit:
yeah but i dont understand how to wire plls, and this bulb was just laying around. just wanted everyone to know it made my wekest baby into a beast in 2 days in a pc case. thanks for the link ill be checkin it out.

microgram

They're actually less efficient than having a spiral + pop can hood. You look a lot of light due to the inverse sine law something like that. Because the lumens have to travel one hell of a far way away.

detoneSmoker: Use what you can bro. But PLLS are simple, just ask for a quick how-to in your local hardware store. You'll have two wires, and all you have to do is connect them to the two pins in the back. It's fairly simple. You just need to scope out a place that sells PLL's in significant lumen output (not a 13W PLS, heh)

:smoker:

D

detoneSmoker

They're actually less efficient than having a spiral + pop can hood. You look a lot of light due to the inverse sine law something like that. Because the lumens have to travel one hell of a far way away.

detoneSmoker: Use what you can bro. But PLLS are simple, just ask for a quick how-to in your local hardware store. You'll have two wires, and all you have to do is connect them to the two pins in the back. It's fairly simple. You just need to scope out a place that sells PLL's in significant lumen output (not a 13W PLS, heh)

:smoker:
If Im gonna buy any lights its def gonna be a 100 watt cfl. And I dont know how suffecient beer can hoods are, all im saying is i put my worst plant underneath it and in 2 days it grew seriously like WOW.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Detone do you mean like say a 26w/100w CFL or a actual 100w CFL?

Ghostwolf

Veteran
100 watt cfl. The 40 dollar bulb.
I was just wondering. I use 23w/100w and 26w/100w and I'm doing pretty good. But I could imagne that the bigger CFL works great, it just makes sence. Thanks for your answer. :smokeit:

The only negative to using the 100w cfl's imo would be like a "spotlight" effect off the bulb, using 4 23w cfl's will give you more of an evan canopy of lighting as compared to a single bulb.

Although the idea of using 2 100w cfl's over the 162 watt's over 6 cfl's I got going on now, is quite enticing.

Latest posts

Latest posts