What's new

Kali Mist or Western Winds

kaboom777

Veteran
While Dave has a great version, no doubt, he has been breeding to extend the flowering time and accentuating the sativa qualities.
The shorter flowering time and good strength and quality that @@hempy speaks of are more in line with what I'm looking for although I may come back to Dave's offering at a later date and maybe even look at breeding it with the WW :)
I think it's the opposite, akbeanbrains work more towards the fastest and most compact phenotypes, the photos I see are all compact and fast plants.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911_221332_com.huawei.browser_edit_387931098465805.jpg
    Screenshot_20220911_221332_com.huawei.browser_edit_387931098465805.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 118

StickyBandit

I think it's the opposite, akbeanbrains work more towards the fastest and most compact phenotypes, the photos I see are all compact and fast plants.
This is a quote from the email Dave sent me
"The Kali mist is from 93 stock increased by thelostoros it was f3 , I just picked the best females to make f4 then used the longer run females for f5 , so it’s a 12-13 week sativa leaner
All packs are min 12 regular seeds "
So maybe he went to the longer run females for F5 only?

kaboom777

Veteran
I think he made a mistake in the first reproduction discarding the most interesting phenotypes, I think the only way to repair it would be to go back to the original seeds and start again, KM is a variety that not all plants are worth, there are only one or two phenotypes that are worth and the best pheno is the loose buds, fox taily and I'm afraid that was what he culled out in its first reproduction.

Still the line is quite interesting, the few photos I have seen are not bad, I plan to try them and find a good boy for my 2002 kali.
1662936400299.jpg

Mimpi Manis

Has anyone tried GHS NL5 Haze Mist?
Yep. Ok plants but not overly special IMHO. Good buds and could be a yielder in right conditions. Popped three, two were what I assume were NL leaners? Had one very sativa version I'd have loved to have seen thru, but had to pull due to guerilla grow compromise. None resembled the fox tail like flower in their pic. I much preferred their Strawberry Haze. Nice bright high, early flower and glorious fruity terps/taste. Less yield tho.

Attachments

• StrawHaze#3-web.jpg
    StrawHaze#3-web.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 55
  • SHCured#2-web.jpg
    SHCured#2-web.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SHCola-web.jpg
    SHCola-web.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 56
  • NLHazeM-web.jpg
    NLHazeM-web.jpg
    659.2 KB · Views: 63
  • NLHazeM#4-web.jpg
    NLHazeM#4-web.jpg
    685 KB · Views: 60
  • NLHazeM#2-web.jpg
    NLHazeM#2-web.jpg
    871.1 KB · Views: 63

StickyBandit

I guess my Western Winds seeds were in bad condition, only managed to get 1 deformed looking plant going from 10. More started to grow but ran out of steam soon after popping.
Leaves look fairly broad on the survivor and she's a girl so that's good :)

WW1.JPG
WW2.JPG
WW3.JPG
WW4.JPG
WW5.JPG

WW6.JPG

Last edited: