What's new

Grandoggy Purps / XMas Special Grow

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 47 SMOKE REPORT

Decided to do a wake n' bake.

A couple chunks of the flowers were dry enough to smoke. The rest on the stem is till drying.

The smell of the buds is still a little green. The flowers were chunky and full. No airy buds here.

Smoke was very smooth. No cough. Smoked out of a small bong with a smaller sized bowl.

Its about 15 minutes after i smoked. I am quite pleasantly buzzed and satisfied with the quality of smoke after 47 days.

It is DEFINITELY better than the weed i currently have in my jars :)

After 20 minutes, i think one more toke (for a total of two) will have me set. This is comparison to my current session weed, which takes 3+ tokes to get me going.

Also - I LOVE the way the xmas #1s are turning out. They are starting to purple a tiny bit in the foliage.

Whats even better is that the nugget development on the popcorn/lower buds is OUTSTANDING. Look like miniatures of the top colas.

Contrast that with the grandoggys, whose popcorn buds are LAME. :) Next time, I will trim ALL doggy undergrowth... any popcorn stragglers get no love from the chem/gdp....

Actually thinking about it i did trim 95% of the doggy undergrowth, its the few remaining are so unimpressive in contrast with the xmases....

I'm thinking my xmas pheno #2 will be ready soon. #1 needs more time than #2, maybe 1-2 more weeks.

thanks ojd and tru at csg! Loving the xmas nuggets, the description definitely matches the plant!

woolybear

Veteran
thanks budmuncher!

even at 47 days and dried for a couple of days this weed is way stonier than any of my current buds.

i even have some gdp haze buds left over from my gdp haze test grow and the doggy has the beat, hands down :)

just a few more weeks till harvest. until then, i have a batch of xmas specials (almost all pheno #1, a couple pheno #2s) that i've put into flower. based on the way the xmas buds look now, i prefer pheno #2, but #1 is fattening up.

ALSO, I have started using sugar/carb product. Specifically Botanicare SWEET RAW. Feeding at 15ml a gallon, mixed with a bit of bloom booster.

they will be in 1-gallon pots in a 50/50 coco perlite mix. i'm giving coco another try!

they are in day um, i'll say day 3 of flower and have adjusted to the mix quite well. i am running house and garden cocos, as I had a lot leftover from my past failed coco attempt.

i have extreme trained the new xmases. stalks bent in half mostly. The training has definitely worked, as the side branched took off like mad.

S

Scrappy-doo

What do those xmas specials smell like? I got a pack in storage been curious about.

woolybear

Veteran
DAY 52 PICTURE UPDATE

grandoggy #1. I have one good mother of this going. Based on looks alone its a tie with #2 (note this is the only full sized pic lol)

picture.php

xmas pheno #1. I'm thinking this is the SSSDH leaning pheno, as it looks like it can go 1-2 more weeks than #2.

picture.php

xmas pheno #2. see how the leaves are turning purple. I am going to switch these to flush today. Going to flush with plain water + Botanicare Sweet Raw.

picture.php

canopy show, xmases. I'm thinking the faster pheno, #2, is more north london church leaning.

picture.php

the story of the xmas specials:

hi rhys
im not sure if your talking about the same cutting but 1 of my clones i hold was the early vietnemese cuting that they first turned up with when they turned up in north london filling houses
super fruity litle nuggets
literaly stank through the bag
we use to call it church
i used to pick up big bits of it and 1 time it was seeded and i did a bunch of seeds and selected a cut for me to run with(i later got thier cut aswell)
they had 2 strains a super fruity funkey 1 and a similar way less smelly and bigger yielding
later they just had the less smelly tasty 1 as i think it was bringing heat on them
these guys were big i went to one of thier storage places to buy equipment as i had a vienemese link
was crazy vans pulling up every minute and filling up
these guys were the biggest cannabis gang in london and maybe the uk for sure
thier place was like a wholesale warehouse just for vietnemese(you were not welcome uless you were vietnemese or with crew)crazy amounts of stuff man the most i ever seen

ive crossed it with a few things
sssdh(north london church)also goes by the name xmas special as i give a bunch of seeds out at xmas and also hit with g13haze(stink bomb)to much haze dominance in this 1
comes out nice but i need to breed a more indica plant(probaly a kush)to keep more of its original qualitys

peace

what can I say you never dissapoint with killer pics and always leave use wanting more.
I think I'm gona try some NLC with my next order even though it will make my job harder
trying to decide wich seeds to germ since I have compiled quite a nice lil stash of beans these last few months, cheers and keep up the good work...

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Love this thread

Love this thread

Nice job woolybear....i have 4 doggies (s1)...in veg from seed about 10" tall....first time with femmed seeds...tagged..and will be following closely for completed grow and smoke reports.

woolybear

Veteran
day 56 update

thanks for the kind words, friends. i think i'm taking the xmas #2 down at the end of the week, day 60. The trichs are clear/cloudy with an occasional amber.

i also think i didnt do a good job cleaning my tent last round as I've found a couple of seeds :p

I am going to chop sooner rather than later this round... unfortunately want to avoid further mold issues...

fun fun fun

edit: xmas #2s leaves are turning dark purple. my camera is simply a late-model smart phone :)

Last edited:
mmmmm...funk sicles, that grape fuel funky goodness is oozing of my screen know you know we all require a smoke report when cured and the NLC would be nice as well I'm sure OJD and Cannabliss would appereciate it from a well grounded, capable grower as yourself!

I really like your style! I have't been around the IC that long, only a few months now but I have been following your grow closly. I'm in the workes of getting myself a better camera (my I-phone cam just doesn't do them justice) and will start posting and begin a thread of my own would like to see ya their for your input. I have a few GDP, SSSDH, and Alphadawgs that have been cookin for 2weeks now and looking for mammas just not really sure wich direction I'm gonna go for my flower room it's 5'x5' and will have a ScrOG and canape management is a question I'm debateing over cuz of the genetics. Since I usualy go with all Sativa, Indica, or Hybrid i don't think I can run them together. A little in put would be great. Keep'em Sticky -peaec

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Easily one of my favourite threads, i just love the Grandoggy so much......got some friends that have our selections and it has been a while since i got such positive feedback on something so unique as what they are giving and they are only a few weeks into flower.
Peace

woolybear

Veteran
how about a xmas pic or two?

Here you go! The trichs were mostly cloudy. You can see quite the difference between the two phenos.... #2 is completely purple-black now:

I decided to run the fan at night to deal with the moisture/mold.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

doggys. in this shot you can see how the top in the middle completely purpled up after I removed the top:

picture.php

nug shot of #3, the least chunky yet most vigorous in clone. smells sweet.

picture.php

I think I'm going to harvest xmas purple pheno after checking the trichs.

Latest posts

Latest posts