What's new

Germany to legalize cannabis

50g max and a 3 plant limit doesn't make much sense. You're gonna get a lot more than 50g from 3 plants.
Of cause is this nonsense. But you can cheat the big mass of voters with this shit. Everybody who never grew weed does not understand what this means. They will think it is legal, but in the end it is not. Everybody who grow three plants is doing something illegal because it is impossible to harvest less than 50g. When the law will be passed, weed will be legalized and not at the same time. This is a political trick and nothing else. The govenrment does not really want to legalize, but the pressure from the voters is so hard, they have to do anything. So, they 'legalize' to calm down the masses, but do not legalize really. And when the voters realize that they got cheated it is too late and another government took over.

Last edited:

Cuddles

the latest rumour I hear is that there will be yet another delay - until October.
the opposition is huge. This probably means more amendments. I´m guessing from 3 plants down to 0 :(((((((

Hasch

learning and laughing
This is all conjecture right now

But then I also feel the promised legalization seems to be turning into a :deadhorse

the latest rumour I hear is that there will be yet another delay - until October.
the opposition is huge. This probably means more amendments. I´m guessing from 3 plants down to 0 :(((((((

Yes this is correct. 1st October is a date which is discussed, but still also 1st April, but April I think is very unlikely.

The opposition tries to procrastinate the law, until the government is completely crashed. Right now I would say it is questionable if the law will come at all and if so, we will see what is left over of all our dreams. It is a very hard fight. Battle lines are hardened and both sides just screem at each other.

Cuddles

Yes this is correct. 1st October is a date which is discussed, but still also 1st April, but April I think is very unlikely.

The opposition tries to procrastinate the law, until the government is completely crashed. Right now I would say it is questionable if the law will come at all and if so, we will see what is left over of all our dreams. It is a very hard fight. Battle lines are hardened and both sides just screem at each other.
I sort of feel that the german government has made too many concessions already. Perhaps giving in to too many demands of the opposition has made them a lot weaker. Too weak to end up doing anything at all .

I´m also not sure just how well german tokers are organized and whether or not they will do any demos etc ? But politicians love to demonstrate power by saying NO and not giving people what they want and need so it may not make a difference anyway.

I´m so sick of ignorant, thick bastards being in charge whilst patronizing the people they are meant to serve.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I don´t think the UN has the legal right to do this sort of thing. It´s a national issue. ... Or do they?
And why should it be okay for other countries to decriminalize but not in others anyway? ?

"The United Nations’s (UN) drug control body is reiterating that it considers legalizing marijuana for non-medical or non-scientific purposes a violation of international treaties, though it also said it appreciates that Germany’s government scaled back its cannabis plan ahead of a recent vote. The global narcotics agency is also taking note of the psychedelics policy reform movement in U.S. states."

Cuddles

"The United Nations’s (UN) drug control body is reiterating that it considers legalizing marijuana for non-medical or non-scientific purposes a violation of international treaties, though it also said it appreciates that Germany’s government scaled back its cannabis plan ahead of a recent vote. The global narcotics agency is also taking note of the psychedelics policy reform movement in U.S. states."
Decriminalization should be okay then, right? As it´s not the same total legalization..;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
UN will stop this I read somwhere.
the UNs position (as others have stated) is that it is a "violation" of signed treaties for a country to unilaterally change drug laws. but several have already done so in spite of the UN position. honestly...there is nothing that the UN can DO if a nation thumbs their nose at international treaties...fuck 'em!

Hasch

learning and laughing
I sort of feel that the german government has made too many concessions already. Perhaps giving in to too many demands of the opposition has made them a lot weaker. Too weak to end up doing anything at all .
Afaiu that's the "bulit in fail safe" in the German political system.

All to avoid having one power / party gaining to much influence (domination)...

Cuddles

Afaiu that's the "bulit in fail safe" in the German political system.

All to avoid having one power / party gaining to much influence (domination)...
Yeah, this is the case in many/most other countries too. The problem is that nothing ever actually gets done in the end. Lots of talk but...
We remain stuck in the same place. We can never truly move forward and progress. Too many our politicians don´t want change for the better at all even though they keep saying so.
Their actions contradict what many of them claim.

As for the currents german party in power-I fear that they may have given in too much and they are now in a much weaker position than before. :(

Hasch

learning and laughing
As for the currents german party in power-I fear that they may have given in too much and they are now in a much weaker position than before. :(
Add to this the new situation with the ultra right wing party AFD (a number of their members are neonazies 😨). They are gaining a solid foothold with the voters.

This situation threatens the established party, so they are even more cautious in their decisions...

Sonetimes I feel like f*ck it all! And just take care of my endocannabinoid system

Last edited:

Cuddles

Add to this the new situation with the ultra right wing party AFD (a number of their members are neonazies 😨). They are gaining a solid foothold with the voters.

This situation threatens the established party, so they are even more cautious in their decisions...

Sonetimes I feel like f*ck it all! And just take care of my endocannabinoid system
You know, this AFD party has been on the news in other countries too. The BBC has mentioned them and it was NOT positive. They were just a bit of a nuisance at first but these days they seem to have become more dangerous. It´s kinda scary and similar things have been going on other countries too! What the hell is happening to europe - again!?! We already have another war going on and I really don´t want another!

Latest posts

Latest posts