What's new

Germany to legalize cannabis

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks for the update cuddles, I know a couple of people who were hoping to be able to make their fortune in Germany once it was legalised, this looks like it's going to put the lid on that idea.

Cuddles

I guess people in Germany will not only be allowed to grow their own but will also be forced to do so as there will be no retail shops, including headshops where people can legally buy any weed, lol.
It also means that newbies cannot get advice, ask questions etc before trying strains out. This will make it more difficult to find the right one for themselves.

Cuddles

Thanks for the update cuddles, I know a couple of people who were hoping to be able to make their fortune in Germany once it was legalised, this looks like it's going to put the lid on that idea.
yeah, growers will still be selling in secret , lol. But at least they can grow and pass some onto others without getting into seriously deep $%&/().
Better than nothing I suppose.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Apart from the plant count limits, 3 just isn't enough, although I suppose you could grow trees in the garden each year. I like it as a model. No big pharma taking over everything, still left in the hands of enthusiasts. What I don't like is the idea of registering for club membership, esp with a law that could be repealed. It's a little bit yellow star ish for my tastes. I think I'd be keeping my head down for a while still if I was German.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It's better in Germany now for cannabis users and growers than it is in the UK legally - the legislation could always be more favourable for those of us who use/need the plant - but its a good start 👍 - a positive step that will prevent cannabis users - and small growers from ending up in jail (not a fun place to be) -

Last edited:

Cuddles

Apart from the plant count limits, 3 just isn't enough, although I suppose you could grow trees in the garden each year. I like it as a model. No big pharma taking over everything, still left in the hands of enthusiasts. What I don't like is the idea of registering for club membership, esp with a law that could be repealed. It's a little bit yellow star ish for my tastes. I think I'd be keeping my head down for a while still if I was German.
I agree, 3 plants is not that much, especially if you want to go for seed production as well. I think they were gonna allow for more at first but cut it down to 3 after all. Maybe they will allow for more later on - ?
If you can grow your own, then do your -now legal-thing. If not, then people will have to find someone who´s a club member and buy some from them I guess.

Cuddles

It's better in Germany now for cannabis users and growers than it is in the UK legally - the legislation could always be more favourable for those of us who use/need the plant - but its a good start 👍 - a positive step that will prevent cannabis users from ending up in jail (not a fun place to be) -
exactly! Peace of mind goes a long way in my book.

Dont worry, the coke sniffing Tories will be out soon and if people in Britain get it right, Labour may just legalize it, after all. AND maybe they´ll do it better, who knows? :p
:jump:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I think that this is how you have to look at it. The big wall of cannabis prohibition of Europe has a crack in it and it will come tumbling down. The ability to grow - even with a small plant count - is huge. :rasta:
its certainly better than the law was before - now the viel of paranoia can be lifted from many small growers in Germany - and I can feel the cumulative relief from over here in the UK - and wish that we too had the legal right to grow at least a few plants - every year - would be much better for everyone - and would lead to many more people growing their own cannabis - which is nice -

Hasch

learning and laughing
Yeah it a start, so 🥳

Then again we wouldn't be real german without nitpicking an complaining ☝🏼

So here goes:
1. the new law here isn’t safe yet.
It still has to pass the federal council on the 22. March.
In a nutshell - When at least half the staats feel they have problems with the law they can’t reject / terminat it but they can ask for a mediation committee to solve the difference.
→ longer delay (earliest estimate summer).
The political situation here being what it is atm, who knows what the vote will be then…

2. the next step in the plan here is the opening of social clubs. And to be a member one has to register officially with name and personal identity number etc.
What happens to this data when the opposition gets into power?
They have allready declared that they will try to role everything back.

So I'm sure as sh^t not gona register in a social club now!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

One more fun fact:
One is only allowed to carry 25g of herb
and
50g at home max.

Maybe some more knowledgeable growers can explain to me how to harvest only 50g from 3 plants...

Last edited:

Gunter

Nice one Germany 👍
Three plants…. 🧐 I think I’d get 3 big tents and grow some trees on a staggered harvest :plant grow:
The thing is it needs to be 50g max each plant. So now we have to design these nano chambers that have one bonsai flowering at a time and one waiting to be flipped and one seedling.

These 50g then need to be smoked on a very tight schedule until the next 50g are ready. So tiny plants lots of smoking, sucks but thats the law :D

Cuddles

Yeah it a start, so 🥳

Then again we wouldn't be real german without nitpicking an complaining ☝🏼

So here goes:
1. the new law here isn’t safe yet.
It still has to pass the federal council on the 22. March.
In a nutshell - When at least half the staats feel they have problems with the law they can’t reject / terminat it but they can ask for a mediation committee to solve the difference.
→ longer delay (earliest estimate summer).
The political situation here being what it is atm, who knows what the vote will be then…

2. the next step in the plan here is the opening of social clubs. And to be a member one has to register officially with name and personal identity number etc.
What happens to this data when the opposition gets into power?
They have allready declared that they will try to role everything back.

So I'm sure as sh^t not gona register in a social club now!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

One more fun fact:
One is only allowed to carry 25g of herb
and
50g at home max.

Maybe some more knowledgeable growers can explain to me how to harvest only 50g from 3 plants...
so we´re here celebrating a wee bit to soon, huh :( well, fingers crossed - even if they´re hurting a bit already,lol

As for 50 g from 3 plant - I guess you just have to consume a lot more ??? :sneaky: