What's new

Duggy's Super Stealth Desk

stiull looking awesome duggy! that paint job is pretty spectacular.

nice seedling and nice hood. that is a pretty sweet little reflector for the HPS. i think cutting out that hole and putting the pc fan would be a good idea, keep air moving over that bulb. the more air you can get moving over that bulb the cooler your temps will be.

but, more importantly, hows the fish?

clowntown

Veteran
duggy said:
I was so happy I went out and bought a bag of perlite even though I didn't need it!

LOL

This is the most creative stealth micro grow I've seen to date!

Last edited:

duggy

I calculated I've got 96Watts of CFL per square foot in the veg chamber and 96Watts of HPS per square foot in the flower chamber. I'll pull one of the three CFLs and that'll bring me down to still over 50W per sq. ft. I did overshoot, didn't I? The challenge will be to keep it cool in the summer. Temps held around 30 C with both chambers blazing, and at about 28 with only one or the other. It's gonna get a lot colder around here, so I'll eventually have perfect temps for winter grows.

Planning to air cool the 150 before summer rolls around.

duggy :smoker:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
duggy said:
I made a new hood for the 150W HPS. I'm getting better and better at these! I'm thinking about cutting a small hole out of the top and mounting a mini pc fan right over the bulb.

Good idea, I bet I could do that too, when the weather gets warm again I have a heat build up problem too.
You have one of the best set-ups I have ever seen Duggy.

thescissors

duggy said:
I calculated I've got 96Watts of CFL per square foot in the veg chamber and 96Watts of HPS per square foot in the flower chamber. I'll pull one of the three CFLs and that'll bring me down to still over 50W per sq. ft. I did overshoot, didn't I? The challenge will be to keep it cool in the summer. Temps held around 30 C with both chambers blazing, and at about 28 with only one or the other. It's gonna get a lot colder around here, so I'll eventually have perfect temps for winter grows.

Planning to air cool the 150 before summer rolls around.

or just do what i do, grow like hell in winter and shut down for summer!! :)

duggy

POMH--thanks! yeah, it's a piece of cake to just cut a hole out of the top with tin snips and use four self-tapping sheet metal screws to mount it, then go around the edge with silicone. Think about it, just silicone ought to do the trick. The only thing that bothered me when I did it before was that some of my light was then escaping out the top. This time I've light to spare, so. . .

sciccors--yeah, I'd consider growing only in the winter, if I could get the holy grail 1 gram per watt--however I got so many watts per square foot that that much wouldn't fit in the cab.

I might try sea of green if I can get enough clones going, veg em for only a week or so, and put em into 12/12. I should be able to fit six to eight plants in that way. I was going to try 2 to 4 plants for the LST method (bending, shaping, tying down), which is what I've done up to now.

i have a cabinet as well and think a SOG with single colas is the best way to optimize a small space. this way you can harvest a few plants every few weeks and have a more consistent supply of bud. plus, then you would not need to veg, just pop them undr 12/12 once they have roots!

thescissors

duggy said:
sciccors--yeah, I'd consider growing only in the winter, if I could get the holy grail 1 gram per watt--however I got so many watts per square foot that that much wouldn't fit in the cab.

I might try sea of green if I can get enough clones going, veg em for only a week or so, and put em into 12/12. I should be able to fit six to eight plants in that way. I was going to try 2 to 4 plants for the LST method (bending, shaping, tying down), which is what I've done up to now.

hehe im doing BOTH! Ive LST'd my moms to keep them "keepable" in my shorter veg box, and have just started taking clones for SOG, but im considering just flowering out the NICE looking moms and keeping the clones around for future-mommage... gotta make some MEDS! ;) another possibility is putting a clone into a DWC bucket and doing a SCROG... i have potentially the room for a 5-gal bucket under the floor of one side of my flowerbox, and my new GH FLORANOVA nutes are showing me IMPRESSIVE ph stability in my soil grow, makes me want to try hydro again........
:bat:

duggy

Hi, everybody. Long time no update--it's been too embarrassing to post. While the seedlings were young, I had some heating/air flow adjustment to do, and the little girls (i hope--not feminized seeds, so we'll wait and see) took some heat stress. Two have pulled out well (finally) and two more might or might not pull out.

Here's Jack Flash planted a month ago:

Here's B52 planted a month ago:

Here's a wildly mutated Jack Flash. Probably won't make it, but I won't kick her out of the house until I need more room. I think it never recovered from heat stress.

I guess it'll be another couple of weeks before I'll be able to determine sex. Gosh knows when I'll be smoking. . .

:duggy:

thescissors

Sorry if i missed it but what medium are you using? Ive not looked back (YET!) after trying the Black Gold w/COIR and the floranova nutes... How hot did they get?! Keep at it man! :)

duggy

Right now they're in non-fertilized black dirt 50%, perlite and vermiculite 25% each. Once they're sexed, I'll re-pot the females in a mix of stuff put together by my organic buddy, Cap'n Kirk. He's the compost king and I just leave it to him. Once he fixes me up with some soil, I'll let you know what's in it. Bound to be some weird shit.

duggy

She showed me her double white whisker!

This is her. B52.

The Jack Flash, on the other hand, sprouted some balls:

I guess I have to kill him tonight.

Here's the cabinet in it's blazing glory. Winter settings are looking good all around for temps and humidity.

Don't know why I get bars in the pic. . . the other shots were worse.

thescissors

duggy said:
She showed me her double white whisker!

This is her. B52.

The Jack Flash, on the other hand, sprouted some balls:

I guess I have to kill him tonight.

Here's the cabinet in it's blazing glory. Winter settings are looking good all around for temps and humidity.

Don't know why I get bars in the pic. . . the other shots were worse.

hey duggy, looks like you and yer girls are recovering... too bad about the male but hey it happens. ;)

duggy

Remember the mutant seedling a few posts back? It's miraculously recovered and has three main branches streaching out horizontally. Nice bonzai shape, hope it's a girl!

Here she is all lit up:

Thinking it'll still be about two months before a harvest will come out of the box. It's taking a really long time to get the whole thing up and going, but once I've established a cycle of clones, I should be able to keep a constant flow of bud production (should).

Last edited:

highonthechroni

C
Veteran
duggy you mustn't use transparent tupperware as pots. roots shouldn't be exposed to light.

also i think you should build yourself a big square 'bed' at the bottom. increase soil space greatly.

duggy

HotC--I was thinkking I'd cover the bottles with dark paper--yeah, I'm getting mold inside the pots. A big bed in the bottom would get me more soil space, but would limit my choices as to when to plant and harvest each individual. If I go LST again, I'll probably want 3 plants in there. If I go SOG (if/when I can get enough healthy clones cycling through, I thought I'd do plastic bags for the root balls so each one was individually moveable. Whatchya think?

Personaly I'd love to see a micro SOG, but would personaly go for LST/Scrog because I'm more familiar with it and totaly new in cabinet growing.

duggy

Going to go LST for now, at least until i can get mom's producing enough clones to sustain a SOG. I might be fantasizing here, but i think if I get it worked out it should be able to go SOG.

LST:

I let her dry out really well before re-potting, then laid her completely sideways and tied her down at the same time. These photos were taken right after the abuse. She's perked up a little today.

this one had less stretch and bigger budding, so i'm reverting her back to veg to use her as a mom. She's also looking better today than in this picture.

Last edited:

duggy

Oh, and finally a good shot of the inside. You can see I've got to get that carbon scrubber pulled up a bit higher--the fitting is made of custom cut aluminum and shit-loads of duct tape and then in sagged... I'll snug that bracket up tighter bit by bit to get that pipe back up higher.

gr
duggy