What's new

Dr Greenthumb - Why do you think nobody seems to grow his gear?

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My biggest problem with spending $200 on 5 G13 fems is you can probably get 2 packs of every G13 cross held by Mr. Nice for that price in regular seeds at the auction and have over 100 seeds to select the best from. Definitely a little worried about Mr. Nice right now too as apparently Shantibaba was recently arrested, no word on the charges, but he's not out on bail so it doesn't look good.

Maybe the Docs S1's are better, won't know unless you try, a little too much money for me though.

Its been controversy at Mr Nice for years for one thing or another..
and something about that weird guy (DrGt) that makes me laugh.

midwestkid

Veteran
His seeds are expensive. I've only ordered from him when I have too much money... that doesn't happen very often.
It takes a while to get the seeds in the mail. And you get what looks like a birthday card from your granny.
I don't have any beef with the antiquated order form. I keep one in my lunch box in case I'm bored and want to day dream.
I was in search of a good diesel in seed form. That's why I used Greenthumb.
No complaints from me. I wish he was cheaper, but if I sell one bag of pot, the seeds are paid for?
I am interested in his G13 and maybe someday I will be burdened with too much money again and I will send it up there to Canada eh?
I'm currently rounding up G13 crosses from Mr.nice and hazeman to do some learning about this variety...
Anywho, that's my 2 cents.
(Oh, people always want to ask me about his ECSD. I must be the only sucker that's ordered it.... I only have one going right now. It's very vigorous, but finicky for sure. I think I created a calcium lockout with a janky soil mix... So there ya have it. No help at all)

Jwilly

I grew his ghost og s1's before . I picked them up I'd say pre 2010 . Very sativa looking plants with tight bud clusters very simular to almost exact to the cut of ghost og kush I smoked in colorado springs from dispensory "A Cut Above" . Lemon, lime and hashy with an up high . I ran hundred of differnt strains and his ghost seeds are still up towards the top of some of the best I ever ran. His stuff pricey but it's legit. I'd love to try his ecsd or chemdawg4 some day.

need4weed

Veteran
I had my eye on his Kashmir Resin Factory years ago but price and reports of how he treats customers put me off.
These days there are probably equivalent or cheaper options.
It's a shame you didn't pull the trigger, o e of my favourite smokes of all time. I made loads of seeds at the time but never stored them in the fridge. Unfortunately I've not been able to germinate them. Would give anything to breath life into those seeds

need4weed

Veteran
I spoke to Nevil him self about the G13 i also have 2 of the last hybrids Nevil made with the real G13 before the clone died i got from Shanti.

This is a grow of the test seed G13/Sk from shanti i showed Nevil these and he told me they look just like the G13 he had.

These plants did not yield big but what did come off them i call the strongest indica i ever smoked .
picture.php
@HEMPY they look similar to the 88g13hp I grew out. Is this the same stock that shanti sells now

hamstring

Veteran
He redesigned his web site,never thought I would see that.

Was just talking abut his endless sky on another site. Has anyone grown these before the fem seed days? It was a real KO punch. Love to get my hands on a old cutting of Endless sky.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ask him to bring back his Acapulco Gold. I have asked him and he said he still has a few seeds of it. No one was buying it and he let it go away, but if he has the seeds and enough people asked, you never know. He said it was rocket fuel.

hamstring

Veteran
Anybody ever grow his Turkish Delight

Turkish Delight ♀ Cannabis Seeds​

• In Stock – Turkish Delight Product Code- TUF (Feminized) ♀
  • OUR 20th ANNIVERSARY STRAIN!
  • A 100 % Unique Indica.
  • VERY Resinous.
  • FANTASTIC Taste.
  • HIGHLY Flavourful.
  • VERY Potent, yet NO Paranoia.
  • LITTLE Trimming.
  • Taste: Totally Unique Profile
  • Potency: 4¾ out of 5

need4weed

Veteran
I contacted the Doc, he's response was short but potentially promising. He said he'd possibly bring them back but for now original Panama red is available. I mentioned acapulco, Malawi and kashmiri hash plant

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks so much!! ^^ He told me about getting the AG seeds. He said the seeds were not cheap or easy to get, meaning thousands of dollars I estimate. He said he went to Mexico and it was a farm off in a rural area. He smoked some and made the deal, then drove his car into a ditch leaving the farm. Sounds like something I need in my life.:smoky:

No smoking and driving here, I quit that long ago. To be honest I drive well stoned, some do not. His Panama Red is legit, I have it. He has quality genetics. I feel after what he paid for the AG seeds and the trouble to get it, he was mad at the lack of interest in it and emotions can run high with some.

Rgd

Veteran
Hello all I've actually purchased his gear a few times I will say he has some pretty nice quality things they are rather High his personality is very anal but he does have some pretty strong genetically sounded strains his Bubba OG is the truth and his chemdawg #4 one of the best tasting plants and strongest plant I have ever had
I love iran diesel outdoors 45 n lat and liked Turkish Delight ..the Turkish Cookies was so good indoors

I grew his g13 years ago..big fat plants, Imho his other stuff was more potent

now I basically just grow sativa's

Last edited:

hamstring

Veteran
I love iran diesel outdoors 45 n lat and liked Turkish Delight ..the Turkish Cookies was so good indoors

I grew his g13 years ago..big fat plants, Imho his other stuff was more potent

now I basically just grow sativa's
What did you like about the Turkish Delight?

What is unique about her?

Whats your fav strain by the good Dr?

Rgd

Veteran
What did you like about the Turkish Delight?

>it felt looked like non messed with landrace genetics

What is unique about her?

>nothing unique..

Whats your fav strain by the good Dr?

> don't really know ....he has a lot of shit hot stuff ....I will say Iranian diesel grown out doors

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lol.. One of the first seed purchases I made from him at least 20 years ago with his “Niagara” strain , touting it as the premier for my latitude and longitude & sent him $200 and nothing ever came back … I complained about the rip off nobody paid any attention this was early in his career too ..I think he is a shithead… just my personal experience that’s all ..other people love him

Rgd

Veteran
One of the first seed purchases I made from him at least 20 years ag

yeh it must have been more than 20 years ago lol

my personal experience

I bought from him 1999 and he had discontinued Niagara and would not sell it..

you were maybe fortunate not getting lol

..i sure had some good outdoor years with iaf and the crosses to bubba , og, diesel,chemdawg s1’s etc..

they all

finished up here in time and resembled the mom’s..

NOBODY was doing that then

..and great indoor success with bubba ,og, diesel, chemdawg,a pile of others I loved them all

when everyone was hoarding cuts back them he was one of the very first to self them..

it was so helpful back then in Canada before legalization screwed outdoor

its screwed indoor too LOL

way before all the 100’s of companies today..its so easy too jump in IG and be cool now

genetics are everywhere

in 1999 I bought Malawi and it was a true hard to grow untouched landrace ....

apparently no-one really wanted from origin landraces back then ...only dutch stuff..

I have BIG RESPECT.

I have a soft spot for the old guy and if I had a bad experience you would hear it

and that's enough from me here

I’m out

Last edited:

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
.. i’m not seeing his genetics aren’t any good ..In my world action always speaks louder than words and I judge people by how they act and not what they say..Lots of people have had success with him or he wouldn’t be in business all these years

JKD

Veteran
His first iteration of selfed elites he grew out many S1 fems until they threw a male that he could use to make selfed regs, but I guess people only wanted fems.

need4weed

Veteran
His first iteration of selfed elites he grew out many S1 fems until they threw a male that he could use to make selfed regs, but I guess people only wanted fems.
Lol, really, where do you get such babble from

Latest posts

Latest posts