What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Don't forget to bring a tent.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Yup that DSD is very bushy.

Good to see an update, was wondering if you went awol again

Everything looking nice and tidy in here bro, good looking plants!

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Hey sammet nice looking grow. I have been looking for a small tent like the one you have (the grow tent that is) what are the dimensions, where did you pick it up at and how much was it? Keep growing great meds bro.

Cannasta

Alright! I'm a tent grower too. DR-150 w/ 1000w mh (hopefully moving to two 600w HPS soon)
*sets up an camping chair and gets out some beers*

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all - cheers for the kudos.

A few asked for tent dimensions

Budbox small - 75cm x 75cm x 100cm (approx cost $120)

Budbox XL - 120cm x 120cm x 200cm (approx cost $220)

Dark Room Street DRS80 - 80cm x 80cm x 160cm (approx cost $100)

For those asking about the Dark Room Street - it's very budget. It's lightproof as much as the budboxes (has some small pinprick light leaks around the zip stitching in a few random places, but all my tents have this and I don't see it as a problem at all - but then my tents are kept in a room with no windows and light leaks aren't a problem in general).

The budboxes feel like proper canvas with nice shiney white wipe-clean (must remember to clean :D) surface on the inside. The Dark Room Street has a silver finish but it's not as reflective, also the material is some sort of nylon polyester (kind of feels like a proper tent that'd you'd go camping in). Overall I got the Dark Room as it was cheap and I had the other stuff sitting around - it doesn't seem too durable either, but it fits my needs fine. Anyone looking to get a tent, I'd recommend the Budboxes or Homeboxes over the Dark Room tents but they each have their own pros and cons and differing setups of vents.

OdorSok- was pretty crap, might be suitable for a small grow but otherwise it doesn't work too well. At the moment I'm not running any odour control at all - I vent out into my attic and smell is not a problem.

Max0r, Dr Dog, High Lowlander, lovelightpower, McSnappler, floppyfundanglr, Core, bonni79, charlesweedmore, ZeusOGrefugee, greenpenguin, SkunkyDemon, excalibud7, hanfiking, 32 Joints, CMoon, Ryu, Germanator, D Rock, SirSmokalot, Cannasta and clorox - Thanks for the comments/questions! :joint:

Things are a bit slow at the moment, but for those who don't know what the tents can produce heres some old shots...

Budbox small

Budbox XL

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Damn that is mighty fine and very sweet looking...I am now quite inspired to do better. Are you a neat freak or what? Everything is so perfect. Thanks for the great pictures!

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha neat freak - not especially. The only place I can grow is a spare room in my basement that doesn't get used - however I can't alter the room at all (even the horrible green/red paint scheme lol) and I'm shite at making my own cabinets so tents are the way forwards - not so cost effective but they keep things easily compartmentalised :joint:

clorox

Smokin on that serious...
definatly piqued my interest in tent growing, hope you dont mind if i pull up a chair!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tagged...it is good to see a new sammet thread bro.work ur magic maing.peace-T-

U

unta

Had my first grow in a tent. Used the Dark Room (not street edition) and loved it. Only prob was the temp a little bit as I had a 600 watt in there in such a small harder to vent place. Good luck and I'll be following this one.

T

TylerDurden

Hey sammet, I saw a few of your older threads when I was learning how to grow and loved
the photos and grows. Now I got my own setup and cant get enough growing action haha. I
cant wait to see how this round turns out :D Good luck bro, doubt youll need it though
judging from your previous grows :smoke: Peace man.

Mr. Durden :joint:

M

moses224

I to read in past will grab a front row this year....keep it up brother

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
D0MiN0, clorox, Tonatiuh, swampdank, unta, TylerDurden and moses224, CMoon - hope you enjoy the show, thanks for watching me grow :wave: :joint:

Budbox Small Veg

Here's the Strawberry Cough - it was from a femmed pack that I bought about 3 years ago - hope she's as good as I remember.

picture.php

5 BB Cheese - non-femmed. A lot of variation from these as you can see in the photo.

picture.php

Dark Room Street 80 Veg

5 Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth - feminised seeds. These girls look great, all similar size, shape and colour. Last ones I grew out were stout Indicas that benefit from lots of veg. AK48 mum in the corner.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

AK48 mum - bit of burn still but she's recovered nicely.

picture.php

Budbox XL Flower

DSD and AK48 both on 12/12.

picture.php

picture.php

AK48 - looks like I should get 5 little colas. Stretch!

picture.php

DSD - She's very bushy - wonder how she'll bud up, should be good :D

picture.php

I'm loving the growing at the moment, it's great to have the garden up and running. Can't wait to have some smokeables again - I've been using something called Zopiclone recently and it's not a patch on good pot for helping me sleep (odd metallic after-taste side effect too).

Another update next week :wave: (Football tomorrow :woohoo: cmon Liverpool.)

:joint:

S

SwampSavant

Looking real good. Those square pots really make a big differences when space is a concern. I mean this in a constructive criticism kind of way... you should find a way to lower your temp just a bit. Peace.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking real good. Those square pots really make a big differences when space is a concern. I mean this in a constructive criticism kind of way... you should find a way to lower your temp just a bit. Peace.

Canopy temps in all my tents are between 70-75F according to my infra-red thermometer. No need to worry :joint: