What's new

DIY UNDER CURRENT CULTURE 5 GAL. BUCKETS

badmf

do root pruning, every time I see this I'm thinking I should post, but didn't til now. leave more than 80% alone trim outter and it will grow even more. Had aeroflo roots grow into the rez 15 feet away, it slows the flow and will clog your pumps I don't use air bubblers anymore but electrolysis for oxygen. Ambienbt air has only 20% or so oxygen and is room temp raising the nutrient temps. Stay at 65f.

overbudjet

Veteran
Wow 2 years old tread revival ! Hi badmf system have evolve since,and it's now a dual 5 site 25g. UC 600w over each site,with waterfall instead of air pump.

Last edited:

badmf

always evolving right? I used waterfalls but too noisy, check out o2grow.com I use these and silent and way more oxygen too. You said English isn't your first language, hey you are doing alright no disclaimer needed. Glad to see DIY'ers as Manufers charge too much for simple things you could make better for less. Good going I will post in another thread when this is up and running. Thanks for helping out the community!

overbudjet

Veteran
Fell free to post in this tread Badmf, do you have pics of your O2 system ? And yes i am a DIY'ers and very proud of it :biggrin: I dont like the pita :noway: when i am buying instead of making it :)

freedomtime808

Way to keep a thread alive, its much appreciated! I am thinking of building something like this do you have anymore pictures of your newest system?

badmf

I didn't make this but it works great I like to have a DO meter on hand, If you use this it holds o for hours if temps are in range. Love to do a DIY but haven't broke it down yet. I did do a DIY water chiller with a freezer and pump set on a timer to allow the water to get max cooling just before freezing. I had a great waterfall set up in a warehouse where sound wasn't a factor it worked fine, but some mist drift caused me to cover surroundings. I want to experiment with Oxygen tanks too. Have to price em out. I also have the original aeroflo 80c system from GH, which I have modified, has 32 tubes for 256 sites. Root growth must be trimmed. and sprayers cleaned regularly. I use a couple movers for this set up. The Undercurrent I have been going with bare bulbs, gotta be careful they are super hot. Good growing and sucessful harvests! O2grow.com

Last edited:

overbudjet

Veteran
Bare bulb will be my next step,but i only have 2 12kbtu window unit to cool the room down and I have 10*600w bulb and ballast there so i think my cooling capacity will barely handle this load.:hotbounce:hotbounce