What's new

Tutorial DIY STS Mixing/Using Guide for Feminized Pollen/Seeds R.C.Clarke Method as Base

Pawtz

Thanks. I already feel that I did enough to warrant some type of response if the pollen was indeed viable. I will just wait from here on and just take from fully mature pods. I did snatch some pods that were already fully opened and yellow. Some were missing the banana pieces. I notice that if I shake the branches of the sprayed plant and the clone plant that was fully sts'd, some of the green immature looking fully closed pods fall off. Doubt that's a good sign. Are they supposed to fall off like that. Most are not like that, but some are.

pcgrowpaisa

I appreciate the forum I have learned a lot of sts with all your contributions, I am attaching images of my second experiment with sts I think I should have stopped in time, I applied sts even up to 8 days ago, but the flowers open without being ripe yet and zero pollen. Next time I will do fewer applications, do you think I can get some pollen out?
PS: I use the Spanish-English translator

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_111225.jpg
    IMG_20221228_111225.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20221228_111313.jpg
    IMG_20221228_111313.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20221228_111239_1.jpg
    IMG_20221228_111239_1.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20221228_111212.jpg
    IMG_20221228_111212.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20221228_111247_1.jpg
    IMG_20221228_111247_1.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 69

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Collect, dry and properly store it for 10 or more years. You'll have it ready at the exact time you need it for years. ;) (The directions are in the OP)
:tiphat:

tejashidrow

******Measure out 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate **anhydrous**, **OR** 3.9g of sodium thiosulfate **pentahydrate**

Just dug up the needed materials to make diy sts.
Seems I purchased these years ago back when this thread started, but life happened, and got it tossed into the “ growers black hole”
ie the grow junk closet.
Is there any way to identify which thiosulfate (anhydrous or pentahydrate) by sight???

Can’t remember which I got, and the label does not say…..
Thanks!!!

NEED 4 SEED

******Measure out 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate **anhydrous**, **OR** 3.9g of sodium thiosulfate **pentahydrate**

Just dug up the needed materials to make diy sts.
Seems I purchased these years ago back when this thread started, but life happened, and got it tossed into the “ growers black hole”
ie the grow junk closet.
Is there any way to identify which thiosulfate (anhydrous or pentahydrate) by sight???

Can’t remember which I got, and the label does not say…..
Thanks!!!
It's just a guess but I believe it would be mentioned on the label if it was the pentahydrate. Correct me please...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Indeed, I would be very suspect of product being sold without that distinction.

On the other hand, mixing too little thiosulfate will not hurt, though it will probably be less effective.

Zaza42

506compost_pile_1.jpg

Attachments

• f788665c90c84be3a90b1d1ae251ee2d--fear-and-loathing-hunter-s-thompson.jpg
    f788665c90c84be3a90b1d1ae251ee2d--fear-and-loathing-hunter-s-thompson.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 66

Miraculous Meds

Things are still looking good. Just hoping these produce some pollen and that the pollen will actually be of use.

It's nearing 3 weeks(2 weeks / 4 days). Hopefully week 3-4 is when the magic should be happening for mine. Is there anyway I can take a pod off now and see if there's anything inside? Not trying to stunt anything. I did notice Miraculous Meds posted that their plant started dropping pollen around 3 weeks and dumping it at 4.

I didn't start reversing the sts'd clone before the main female and I sprayed branches on the female I'm wanting to drop seeds. So there's a bit of a time constraint going on given that everything is in the same week of flower. I only have 1 grow tent so I couldn't flip/reverse something at a different schedule.

View attachment 18790058
You could pull the reversal plant out every day and place in dark for 10 to 15 days to get ahead of the seed plant next time.

LostTribe

Premium user
well I spilled some of the Sodium Thiosulfate tried to wing it guess its better to dump that and do over as I have plenty left and its not worth messing up. I have a few things I would like to back up for personal safe keeping.

beta

Veteran
What are current best practices in terms of re-spraying? I have an ooold 'Original Diesel' type Headband that I've tried reversing three times. It makes plenty of male flowers but none ever produce pollen. Should I be spraying multiple times? A single spray at flip has worked on other cultivars in the past.

Thanks!

LostTribe

Premium user
I spray day of flip and again a few days after flip. I've had a few true males that didnt want to drop pollen before. I also hear Diesel does not like to reverse. Might search reversing diesel...

beta

Veteran
Each time I've tried I've ended up with 1000s of male flowers all over the buds but none ever open up or have anything inside. I even tried collecting a bunch and grinding them up but there was nothing viable in there.

Latest posts

Latest posts