What's new

Confident Enough To Show Your Worst Mistakes?

CharlesU Farley

I know everyone likes to post big, glistening, super colorful budshots that are just dripping with resin to demonstrate what superior growers they are. Hate to bust your bubble but with all the cannabis growing info available on the Internet, seed availability/legality, and growing equipment that can be purchased with a single click on Amazon, it really ain't that difficult. :p

As I've said many times on the website... show me a grower who has never had a bad harvest and I’ll show you a grower who has never accomplished anything extraordinary. So I'm gonna post the fuckups that I have pics for and maybe later on, describe some that I don't have pics for.

First up is Frankenbush, a plant in the back corner of a tent, that tends to get douched with too much water/fertilizer, 'cause I have a hard time leaning that far over:

frankenbush.jpg

Next up is a botrytis bud that I didn't notice until it was too late. Usually the khco3 spray I use for PM works great on budrot as well, but ya gotta see it before you can spray it. I shitcanned the whole plant:

budrot_3.jpg

The next one is what happens when I used to rip off defective fan leaves instead of cutting them with scissors:

fungus amongst us.jpg

When you are careless with the watering wand, this happens:

ripped branch.jpg

Which leads to this:

stem_rot.jpg

And last but certainly not least, when you add a 3rd light in an 5 x 5, put it on a different timer than the other two, flip to flower but forget to set the timer on the new light... you get this clusterfuck that never flowered, even when the fuckup was corrected:

fucked light.jpg

fucked light2.jpg

You should see the fuckups I don't have pics for. :eek:

420PyRoS

That last one is a doozy haha.
Sativas hate me, I'll see if I can find some pics.

Here's one, I think it was a Swazi or mulanje. Idk what I did but it grew straight up like a bean pole and never really flowered more than what is shown. Eventually leaves all turned yellow and she ate herself.

20170727_215253.jpg

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ha! - Ha! - yes as Creeperpark said - great idea for a thread - most growers won't post their screw-ups - but we all have had them in the past - my great mistake was leaving my Dad in charge of a big grow room full of Northern Lights #2 (Oasis) - in their last month of flower - whilst I went on holiday to Turkey for that month - hoping to return to a big harvest - only to find - upon my return that a nute dripper from a 100 litre tank had come loose - and flooded the floor - which had a thick pond liner on it when I left - but my Dad had let his wife in to look at the plants 🪴 - and she was wearing stiletto heels that punctured the pond liner - and so 100 liters of Canna Flores nute mix found its way into the apartment below - stripping the wallpaper off one of the neighbours walls -

And so I returned to find two starved grow tables - and a very angry neighbour - with me having to make the daft excuse that I had a fish tank that exploded due to fighting piranhas - they didn't know that I was growing there - and were kinda cool about it once I had repapered the wall - and gave them £200 for the trouble - that was in the early 1990's - before most people knew that cannabis could be grown indoors 😀
☆ - sorry no pics of that embarrassment -

CocoNut 420

I flipped 10 day old seedlings after 28/30 days of growth i put them into flower with the timer set at 13.15hrs daylight.

I could see it was growing a little strange but I didn't realise it was my fault until it was too late to do anything.
Screenshot_20240204_202705_Gallery.jpg

You can see the change in growth pattern.

At the same time this one was 5/6 wks 13.15hrs and no sign of flowering.
42fc8b6a7b43cece5c8afdd4d6b05cf34e65add2_2_690x310.jpeg

it looked like it was about to start flowering but never did, of course I didn't realise that the timer was the issue 🙄

The whole fkg thing was about growing seedlings from 12-12, jackass!

CharlesU Farley

That last one is a doozy haha.
Sativas hate me, I'll see if I can find some pics.

Here's one, I think it was a Swazi or mulanje. Idk what I did but it grew straight up like a bean pole and never really flowered more than what is shown. Eventually leaves all turned yellow and she ate herself.

View attachment 18973625
When I first posted this pic on another forum, in a thread how do you sativa people do it in a 4x4, you would not believe the number of people who gave me advice that I was over-watering / fertilizing this plant.

Little did they know, in the environment this pic was taken in, it was 34 fucking degrees Fahrenheit inside the tent, with 94% relative humidity, with a Type 1/Sativa!

I did not respond.

You have to know the growing history, the environment the plant is in, the fertilizer/watering regime, etc. before you can accurately assess _any_ fucking cannabis plant.

Like most people in a cannabis forum, they were quick to respond with an instant diagnosis, without knowing all the environmental conditions the plant was in and this person was considered a "guru" type poster in that forum.

Just so you know, I was fucking around with the Type I/Sativa component of of my reverse engineered NL, and was astounded at the stretch, which was quite atypical from what I was used to:

1000010893.jpg

In a subsequent thread, this poster essentially said I should never mention his name again, so I won't. :cool:

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

View attachment 18973779
So bad even the deer said nope.
😆
Oh my f'n g, time to dig way back in the archives to top this! I can't locate it right now, but I've got a pic with a fabric pot that has more fungi/bacteria covered on it then a petri dish that's been sneezed on by a tuberculosis patient.

I'm pretty sure the hydroponic folks would gag if they saw the pic, if I could just find it. 🤣

Last edited:

CharlesU Farley

That's a single plant.
😆
No shit??? I've got a really bizarre plant that I'm _still_ trying to investigate. I know I posted it one of the threads I'm active and I think I might start a thread just to see what others think. One part of the plant is heavy Type I while the other main branch is heavy Type II, and they started from a _single_ seed/plant.

I could have just fucked up, not realized / didn't notice there were two plants, I just don't know. When I get some time, I'm going to go back through the photo archives of this grow, to see if I can find a double plant:
1000010849.jpg

1000010851.jpg

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
No shit??? I've got a really bizarre plant that I'm _still_ trying to investigate. I know I posted it one of the threads I'm active and I think I might start a thread just to see what others think. One part of the plant is heavy Type I while the other main branch is heavy Type II, and they started from a _single_ seed/plant.

I could have just fucked up, not realized / didn't notice there were two plants, I just don't know. When I get some time, I'm going to go back through the photo archives of this grow, to see if I can find a double plant:
View attachment 18975071

View attachment 18975073
Sure looks like two embryos morphed into a single seed husk.

revegeta666

Great thread, shame I don't usually keep pictures of my mistakes.

On my first ever outdoor grow, in 2004 I think, I got some clones from AK47 and NL, followed instructions my friend had given me to a T, and had a very good grow all throughout the season. Was really lucky and proud of myself. 8 decent sized plants in 50L pots.

Fast forward to harvest day, I start trimming and the first cola falls apart from the tunnels made by the budworms. I had no idea budworms existed or were a threat at all. No idea that you're supposed to look inside the buds for signs of their presence. No idea about BT. Almost every cola was infested, and each new cola I picked up and looked inside, huge fat well fed budworms were there to greet me. It was a traumatic experience, trimmed for hours and hours on the verge of tears :ROFLMAO: and ended up losing around 60-65% of the harvest which was otherwise clean and great quality. Still a little traumatized to this day and can't pick budworms with my fingers, need to go fetch some tweezers so I don't have to touch them lol.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I left Mrs Ahab, the Black Thumbed, Redheaded Sorceress who has managed to kill almost every plant she has come close to in charge of my plants one time when I was away.
When I got back they were all wilted and almost dead from insufficient watering. I was able to revive only half of them .