What's new

Compact SOG with CFL's

R

rüdiger

ace zamaldelica fem., semi autoflowering dwarf pheno, i call her baby octopus.

those girls are flowered under very low light intensity. <25w p. sq.ft., 168w @ 2x4.

only selection and experiments, not for yield but perpetual.

maybe i can show a monoculture with her soon.

NuDude

I'm new to IC and was wondering if anyone does a SOG style grow with CFL's on a Micro-level?

The reason I ask is Bcuz I do it's 210 watts of CFL's over 27 clones in 2 sq. ft.

The girlz grow in a 16 oz soda bottle filled with my own soil mix...they finish in 9 weeks and Avg. 7- 21 Grams dried per plant and I harvest 3 a week...SOG Perpetual Harvest this is a pic of one of my girlz

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3008882_Gram_bud_grown_in_a_16_oz_bottle-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/30088Geishas_3-29-08_009-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/30088Geishas_3-29-08_010-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3008859_Day_Chesaw_002-thumb.jpg]View Image[/url]
dude just want to let you know that you have accomplised what i want to be doing lol im adding and following you if you continue SOG MICRO

R

rüdiger

attachment.php

hd sog:biggrin:

R

rüdiger

the whole system uses now 3x 100w cdmt elite 930, 2 for flower, 1 for veg/mom/clone.

its semi perpetual multi strain selection chaos, 9 strains

picture.php
picture.php

This just answered my questions I was seeking!! I want to run clones in a small cab! And this is how I'll be doing it lol

Except under 200w of t5 power. And a little bit bigger space.

ExEcutioner

Had to bump it....Fundamentals of efficiency

with that 5x5 under 1k, whats better/different about mh or hps

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hell yea glad to see our threads are still inspiring my old friend, I was quite the youngster when I came here and boy did I learn a lot. To this day I still mention the Dr Bud Method and it was funny to watch my roommate who had NO grow skills do it. He built a crazy ass lighting fixture that held 20 23wbulbs, I forget his exact harvest weight but when I did the math for gram per watt was 2.63gpw under 460w of CFL lighting and the shit was FIRE cuz I helped take care of it and it was all coco in 16oz party cups. His brother in law was hating the whole time till I rubbed that gpw shit in his face saying lets see him do that under his big lights.

Applesauce

This thread inspired me a decade ago. The nutrient regime provided very nice growth. This is fundamental reading. Exchanging the CFL for LED bulbs and running a coco mini DTW using a washer/dishwasher pan in this same style would be perfect minmax for a new or small grow.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Exchanging the CFL for LED bulbs and running a coco mini DTW using a washer/dishwasher pan in this same style would be perfect minmax for a new or small grow.

That is just what I'm fixing to do. Seems like LED's have gotten so much better in the last 5 years, ready to give them a try. Wish me luck!

ion

This thread inspired me a decade ago. The nutrient regime provided very nice growth. This is fundamental reading. Exchanging the CFL for LED bulbs and running a coco mini DTW using a washer/dishwasher pan in this same style would be perfect minmax for a new or small grow.

soooo....hi applesauce, ya saying replacing cfl with screw-in leds from the store? .....are they even in the same output ballpark as a 2700k 42w cfl? i dunno, i havent done the research and hoping you have as its time for me to build and i was going to go with 4-500w of cfl in a grow tent... i can get 9w and 11w led screw-ins pretty cheap.....1-2 bucks a pop....i ran a 600w cabinet ala Dr.bud style and it worked well but want to keep electricity usage down

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
soooo....hi applesauce, ya saying replacing cfl with screw-in leds from the store? .....are they even in the same output ballpark as a 2700k 42w cfl?

Those big curly 42 watt cfl's work as well as anything I've tried so far.

Applesauce

soooo....hi applesauce, ya saying replacing cfl with screw-in leds from the store? .....are they even in the same output ballpark as a 2700k 42w cfl? i dunno, i havent done the research and hoping you have as its time for me to build and i was going to go with 4-500w of cfl in a grow tent... i can get 9w and 11w led screw-ins pretty cheap.....1-2 bucks a pop....i ran a 600w cabinet ala Dr.bud style and it worked well but want to keep electricity usage down

Hello, I skimmed blynx's thread and that looks like the right read for your problem. I too used the big cfls but it does look like LED (used properly) is the way to go. Check that thread out for good information. I had done SoG in this style and the watering was the biggest drawback. Making a pico-style manifold is very cheap and easy. Automating your watering is a huge time saver. Though I did switch to a 6/9 program as the fish emulsion is something I avoid indoors these days.

Latest posts

Latest posts