What's new

cannabis ban in Amsterdam?

awwc

No one will actually care, I mean, if you are a non-smoker and you are living there (which I have seen plenty of kids going to school and stuff during the day), not talking about the grown adults (hey you know hot downtown dam is) but the kids which well... don't have a choice. I got mixed feelings, I spent A LOT of time there and I can honestly say that sometimes you kinda feel bad for the kids that live there, apart from that it's some BS but I promise you no one will care about it.

awwc

Maybe an election coming up?
Politicians taking a tough stance and so on...

But been there a few times myself and can understand locals being fed up with the obnoxious tourist getting wasted and being a pain in the ass for the normal people.
The current mayor of Amsterdam is a total witch IMO.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Can't help wondering what they expect their main income source to be.

Tourism as always. The Red Light district and the coffee shops are not needed to pack Amsterdam with tourists. I am typical. I went once for a few days on the way to South Africa. Sure I hit a coffee shop but most of our time was spent at the Van Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, restaurants, walking the canal zone . . . just normal tourist stuff. Of course, I was high most of the time smoking discreet spliffs. I just read yesterday that the Rijks is having the largest assemblage of Vermeer paintings ever, in an exhibition until June. I would love to see that.

But I like the headlines on this. BBC News - Amsterdam bans cannabis in its red light district . . .

awwc

For people who have never been in Netherland and don't understand this, all they are going to do it put up (yup there is an official sign which prohibits smoking herb in the street.)
1676038010766.png

awwc

I have gotten fined one time in my life but it was my fault won't lie I took it too far, inside of a trainstation just where you had this sort of kinda outdoors area but not really if you know what I mean, I lit up a zoot of the loudest most stankiest Cherry Pie flowers, this was more than 5 years ago when I was a lot more immature lol.

They just fined me, I had a fat plate of hash on me and like 2 oz of bud lol, I played it off so they did not have any suspicion so search me or do anything crazy, granted the amount was really not that much, even by Dutch standards but they actually can take it from you if they really wanna be a dick.

Cuddles

Tourism as always. The Red Light district and the coffee shops are not needed to pack Amsterdam with tourists. I am typical. I went once for a few days on the way to South Africa. Sure I hit a coffee shop but most of our time was spent at the Van Gogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, restaurants, walking the canal zone . . . just normal tourist stuff. Of course, I was high most of the time smoking discreet spliffs. I just read yesterday that the Rijks is having the largest assemblage of Vermeer paintings ever, in an exhibition until June. I would love to see that.

But I like the headlines on this. BBC News - Amsterdam bans cannabis in its red light district . . .
I´d love to see this exhibition too!

awwc

Where I live smoking weed is illegal on all streets. But I have tried, and believe it or not, it still burned!

Who's the fool now? The fuckers coming up with these bullshit laws, that's who.
You know, sometimes I understand why tho, if you are in a school district, even me have gotten a buzz off second hand smoke when I took a long t break so tbh, in downtown dam there are SO MANY ppl smoking that honestly I can see that 6-7 year old kid that's going to school getting THC inside of his system which IMHO is not ideal at all.

I sed to be kinda fck all the rules but some rules make sense (most don't tbh tho)

goingrey

You know, sometimes I understand why tho, if you are in a school district, even me have gotten a buzz off second hand smoke when I took a long t break so tbh, in downtown dam there are SO MANY ppl smoking that honestly I can see that 6-7 year old kid that's going to school getting THC inside of his system which IMHO is not ideal at all.

I sed to be kinda fck all the rules but some rules make sense (most don't tbh tho)
I'm sorry but this is just total nonsense. No one is getting high from secondhand smoke outdoors.

According to this study even people who spent 3 hours inside in a "well-attended" coffeeshop had absorbed only "very small" amounts of THC: