What's new

Can O2Grow Replace Pumps and Stones?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this just an experimental garden where you try a bunch of stuff and it doesn't really matter if you ever harvest anything, and you also have a real garden where you actually grow weed? If not, then what do you smoke?

Fair question

I am a very light smoker (~ one oz/6-9 months)

I have successfully grown way more than I use for years, but can't help but seek to improve on very basic DWC and/or F & D techniques, borrowing from proven water treatment systems: I have posted some links throughout this thread.

Over my last 4 grows I made the same stupid mistake (one that none of the so-called gurus EVER figured out), even when I DID, and told them what I was doing wrong, they were steadfast in their ignorance.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Really good news

the other 2 plants are sprouting new roots.

The 3rd plant that had not sprouted new roots as of yesterday, I decided to cut away 2 roots at the bottom of the net pot that did not whiten after 2 long h2o2 soaks.

This morning I am seeing new roots :woohoo:

P

pongster

Fair question

I have successfully grown way more than I use for years, but can't help but seek to improve on very basic DWC and/or F & D techniques, borrowing from proven water treatment systems: I have posted some links throughout this thread.

Over my last 4 grows I made the same stupid mistake (one that none of the so-called gurus EVER figured out), even when I DID, and told them what I was doing wrong, they were steadfast in their ignorance.

hey bro, been following your threads in silence for a long time,

for 28 grams every 6-9 months, why would you even bother in growing weed? and even more, if you want to grow yourself 4.7 grams per month, why go to hydro and enslave + torture yourself like that?

not trying to disencourage you, but this thread started 4 months ago and not even one plant made it past 3-4 nodes...

if you are an experimenter as you say, you should have realized by now that oxygen is not your only issue and not a single miracle machine will save your plants if you keep doing the same stuff everytime...

my point, if you are trying to experiment and be scientific, use scientific method...

my best wishes to you and hope you can take this in the correct way,
:rasta:

RockinRobot

Fair question

Yep you have it all figured out. That's why you still have root rot.

SMH

brickweeder

Sound idea. Do you have access to O2 canisters and proper metering devices?

yes i have tanks and flow regulators, but with oxygen concentrators, you don't need tanks or cannisters, and the metering control devices are built in...you can adjust the output from 0 to 5 or 0-10 litres per minute with the turn of a dial. I just mentioned it because it is a cheaper and more flexible option for increasing DO than the O2grow gear and doesn't result in flammable hydrogen gas emissions from electrolysis.

Drewsif

Really good news

the other 2 plants are sprouting new roots.

The 3rd plant that had not sprouted new roots as of yesterday, I decided to cut away 2 roots at the bottom of the net pot that did not whiten after 2 long h2o2 soaks.

This morning I am seeing new roots :woohoo:

My roots are always white. Dir

You know what they call advanced hydro grower? An ex hydro grower. What a waste of time these people have invested in their methodology. Nothing else supports their decision to fuck around with bottles all day for a shitty end product.

Graduate to soil and leave all the religious grow trinkets to the kiddies. Youre brain is better than wondering why so many hydro grower are narrow minded in-the-box thinkers.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My roots are always white. Dir

You know what they call advanced hydro grower? An ex hydro grower. What a waste of time these people have invested in their methodology. Nothing else supports their decision to fuck around with bottles all day for a shitty end product.

Graduate to soil and leave all the religious grow trinkets to the kiddies. Youre brain is better than wondering why so many hydro grower are narrow minded in-the-box thinkers.

Since you are a non hydro grower, why would you waste your time posting?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yep you have it all figured out. That's why you still have root rot.

SMH

As usual, you are 100% wrong, but there's no good reason to explain why yet again. You continue to prove that are a pathetic human being, who apparently has nothing better to do. You've made your ignorant point here many times. Not that it's in any way valid, but, why do you bother? Lonely, and desperate for any attention, even my push back? Im sure you'll come up with some lame ass answer, but no one cares

Find a real hobby. Better still, get a life

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm 100% wrong? So you had to dip your slime covered brown roots in peroxide to help save them but you don't have root rot AGAIN? Grow the fuck up.

I don't know anything, after all my current grow only looks like this. First picture at 72 days almost ready to harvest. 2nd and 3rd at 5 weeks.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Nice pics, but once again, you ASSumed.

I did not have slime.

Now pay attention as you MIGHT ACTUALLY learn something with which to help someone else:

I had early signs of RR caused by the 260 gph pump being too powerful when spraying nutes into the plastic bottle which had holes all around. A lot of the nutes shot up through the holes above the water line onto the lid, and into the net pots, causing the starter cubes to stay soaked 24/7, similar to what has plagued me in the recent past, but with a different cause.

Now using 80 gph pump and holes only aimed below the water line. Problem corrected. Plants responding positively. Note all the new roots exiting the net pots

As usual, I will not hold my breath awaiting your apology:tiphat:

View attachment 512693 View attachment 512694

Bobby Boucher

There's no way anyone here can say for certain what you are doing wrong, yourself included. There are way too many variables at play.

You don't use an extraction fan, you don't follow any conventional methods of feeding, sterilizing/inoculating, watering, aerating, you don't use conventional media, you don't grow conventionally, period.

Do you have pets? Do you also try to reinvent how they are supposed to eat and breathe and post pictures of their emaciated bodies in pet forums pushing other users into using your unique and original techniques?

You don't do anything by the book, and only for the sake of going against the grain. There's simply no way to know.

GL.

P

pongster

I did not have slime.

Now pay attention as you MIGHT ACTUALLY learn something with which to help someone else:

I had early signs of RR caused by the 260 gph pump being too powerful when spraying nutes into the plastic bottle which had holes all around. A lot of the nutes shot up through the holes above the water line onto the lid, and into the net pots, causing the starter cubes to stay soaked 24/7, similar to what has plagued me in the recent past, but with a different cause.

Now using 80 gph pump and holes only aimed below the water line. Problem corrected. Plants responding positively. Note all the new roots exiting the net pots

sorry bro, but those pictures only show that weed can take a lot of torture before dying. damn resilient plant.
:rasta:

RockinRobot

I did not have slime.

Not going to apologize for shit. I didn't mention any causes only that you hadn't learned because you have rot. Doesn't matter what you did wrong, THIS TIME, you still wound up with Root Rot AGAIN and that's all I said. You even admit you got rot so why should I apologize.

Just as an FYI. I flood my plants to the top of the pot my entire grow completely flooding the rockwool starter cubes and STILL never get Root Rot. Use the appropriate media for the type of grow you're doing and shit like that doesn't cause issues. Rapid Rooters should ONLY be used in soil. They are ORGANIC and will actually break down in hydro and cause problems. But of course you think you know better.

Betting that within a month those roots end up brown again

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not going to apologize for shit. I didn't mention any causes only that you hadn't learned because you have rot. Doesn't matter what you did wrong, THIS TIME, you still wound up with Root Rot AGAIN and that's all I said. You even admit you got rot so why should I apologize.

Just as an FYI. I flood my plants to the top of the pot my entire grow completely flooding the rockwool starter cubes and STILL never get Root Rot. Use the appropriate media for the type of grow you're doing and shit like that doesn't cause issues. Rapid Rooters should ONLY be used in soil. They are ORGANIC and will actually break down in hydro and cause problems. But of course you think you know better.

Betting that within a month those roots end up brown again

copied from your post #91 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So you had to dip your slime covered brown roots [/FONT]

Currently in SWC (Shallow Water Culture), but will move them to F & D once roots are long enough. As I mentioned, nutes no longer spraying up, so why would I get RR again?

Over the last 4 grows I was flooding too frequently (every hour) so the starter cubes never dried out.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's no way anyone here can say for certain what you are doing wrong, yourself included. There are way too many variables at play.

You don't use an extraction fan, you don't follow any conventional methods of feeding, sterilizing/inoculating, watering, aerating, you don't use conventional media, you don't grow conventionally, period.

Do you have pets? Do you also try to reinvent how they are supposed to eat and breathe and post pictures of their emaciated bodies in pet forums pushing other users into using your unique and original techniques?

You don't do anything by the book, and only for the sake of going against the grain. There's simply no way to know.

GL.

The "book" is old, and while it is proven, that does not mean it can't be tweaked and improved.

you are 100% correct that my attempts to push the envelope to date have mostly failed, which begs the question " why do so many try to tell me what is causing the problem?" and yet again, here we are

When you grow for $$$ I completely understand why you would be hesitant, but as I have said many times, I grow for fun and personal use

People who think outside the box often meet challenges before finding a better way. Are you still using MH bulbs? The first few years of LEDs for growing were awful, but once people who think outside the box got involved, LEDs promise was achieved.

Since none of you have actually helped me, why not stop trying?

Bobby Boucher

The "book" is old, and while it is proven, that does not mean it can't be tweaked and improved.

you are 100% correct that my attempts to push the envelope to date have mostly failed, which begs the question " why do so many try to tell me what is causing the problem?" and yet again, here we are

I never said your attempts to push the envelope have failed. What I'm trying to point out is there is no way to find out what the hell is actually going on in your grow.

How do we know whether or not O2grow can replace air pumps when all of the other variables in your grow are misaligned? Maybe O2 grow is the best thing since sliced bread, we wouldn't know.

When you grow for $$$ I completely understand why you would be hesitant, but as I have said many times, I grow for fun and personal use

Hesitant to do what? "Experiment"? To say that you experiment would imply that you apply the scientific method in your research, which you don't. This is just.. fringe growing for the sake of uniqueness and individuality.

Since none of you have actually helped me, why not stop trying?

We keep our mouths closed, if you haven't noticed. When your plants start to die though, some of us get kind of confused at the notion that these threads are written out more or less like an instructional, others genuinely empathize for you or your plants..

Others you've just insulted too forwardly to expect them not to relish a bit in your failures.

Bobby Boucher

I'll just add, as a note of encouragement, that it would make me so freaking happy to see you do structured water side by side in a water-only soil grow. I would love to see your magic marbles blow away the competition in a side by side dwc. I would love to see an honest o2grow side by side.

You have interesting, albeit already beaten to death ideas, but abhorrent methodology and execution, along with the attitude of a maladjusted highschool girl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll just add, as a note of encouragement, that it would make me so freaking happy to see you do structured water side by side in a water-only soil grow. I would love to see your magic marbles blow away the competition in a side by side dwc. I would love to see an honest o2grow side by side.

You have interesting, albeit already beaten to death ideas, but abhorrent methodology and execution, along with the attitude of a maladjusted highschool girl.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

and I would LOVE it if you unsubscribe, which seems equally unlikely lol

That said, you are 100 about lab quality comparisons in side by side, although I have the space, it's more than I want to tackle. Also, I haven't grown in soil in decades.

The structured water is a no brainer: I have several successful grows employing it in various configurations.

I am not using the O2G again, until I get these girls harvested (need the meds). Will look to take a couple clones and run at least one of them them with the O2G. The dumb errors I made even before using it have been corrected, and I now know the O2G needs established roots first. The O2G website provides little to no information, which is a good reason why they're not popular. I assume they want to stay below the cannabis radar

Bobby Boucher

and I would LOVE it if you unsubscribe, which seems equally unlikely lol

I'm not subscribed to your threads. You just keep bumping them.

That said, you are 100 about lab quality comparisons in side by side, although I have the space, it's more than I want to tackle. Also, I haven't grown in soil in decades.

This sounds like the kind of beating around the bush I hear from my gf.

How hard and messy can it really be to fill a couple solo cups with soil mix and do a side by side with structured water? And what does that last time you grew in soil have anything to do with anything?

Those 2 little solo cups would grow out more dope than you have all year long.

The structured water is a no brainer: I have several successful grows employing it in various configurations.

What's the no brainer? That water, structured or not, can hydrate a plant?

Where's the control plant? How can you know structured water is making a difference when you've never run a side by side?

Our best guess would be that all this crazy shit is actually killing your plants, when it could just be that that you aren't running appropriate media or ventilation, and all your trinkets are the best thing to ever happen to pot gardening.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm not subscribed to your threads. You just keep bumping them.

This sounds like the kind of beating around the bush I hear from my gf.

How hard and messy can it really be to fill a couple solo cups with soil mix and do a side by side with structured water? And what does that last time you grew in soil have anything to do with anything?

Those 2 little solo cups would grow out more dope than you have all year long.

What's the no brainer? That water, structured or not, can hydrate a plant?

Where's the control plant? How can you know structured water is making a difference when you've never run a side by side?

Our best guess would be that all this crazy shit is actually killing your plants, when it could just be that that you aren't running appropriate media or ventilation, and all your trinkets are the best thing to ever happen to pot gardening.

the only way you would know whether I posted anything new is by being subscribed

Bobby Boucher

That's simply not true. Whenever anybody posts to this thread, it gets bumped in 4 different places. To the left of the home screen, to the top of the hydro forums, to the front page headline by indoor hydro, and to the top of the "new posts" by your logout button.

They are open to the public.

If I were subscribed, I would receive an option to "unsubscribe" when I clicked on "thread tools".

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Nobody is sharing their ideas in these threads except for you, because you freak whenever people suggest you are doing something wrong and start vehemently denying whatever it is they say and calling them names. It's madness.

Attachments

• pf.jpg
    pf.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 23