What's new

Can O2Grow Replace Pumps and Stones?

Mr. J

Dude...all of your threads are basically a guide on what not to do when trying to grow a plant. I'm having a hard time believing that you're really trying at this point.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude...all of your threads are basically a guide on what not to do when trying to grow a plant. I'm having a hard time believing that you're really trying at this point.

Thanks for your worthless comment

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Made fresh nutes today, the previous batch was made about a month old, and while it might be ok, I think a spark was missing

every time,if somebody come here and dosent like what see and tell it
then pf start threaten mode :)

why you pf can take some advise and start side project real working hydro and vs you ornametal stone and fansy system grow,i think you have some disease your system,what if you stop and disinfect everything,you "succeed" first grow after then not so,you dont even get veg stage forwar or you veg dosent start

RockinRobot

why you pf can take some advise and start side project real working hydro and vs you ornametal stone and fansy system grow,i think you have some disease your system,what if you stop and disinfect everything,you "succeed" first grow after then not so,you dont even get veg stage forwar or you veg dosent start

Well im sure he's going to report this post but here goes.

He can't keep his grow temp under control and that's his biggest issue. But as you say, anyone tries to tell him and we're trolls. I believe in his other thread he said he averaged about 85 in his grow. He uses frozen water bottles to try and keep reservoir temps down but his root zone is always sweltering. Doesn't do any good to keep the reservoir cool and have your roots hot.

He also uses the wrong type media for most everything. His root riot starter cubes are great if you're in soil or DTW Coco but in a bubbler, flood and drain or DWC root riots are a recipe for disaster as he's seen time and time again. But suggest he switch to rockwool and as usual he knows better.

His ornamental stones hold no moisture so he has to water/feed way to often and in an overly warm environment he ends up with root rot EVERY grow. If he would get a little hydroton and water only 3 times a day he might actually be able to get something out even at 85 degrees. Either that or switch to something like DTW Coco or perlite in a bato bucket and only water when dry.

If you get your temperature under control then you might actually be able to do an actual test to show if that O2grow is anything more than overpriced junk. Personally I think a small water pump just breaking the surface of the water in the reservoir will give better dissolved oxygen content than the O2grow or air stones. (Something learned from long years in the saltwater aquarium hobby)

You could actually test that O2grow without killing any plants. Go to any saltwater aquarium shop and buy a dissolved oxygen test kit. Pour 2 buckets of water. Let both buckets sit 24 hours. Test both buckets. Then run airstone in one bucket O2grow in other for 24 hours. Then test again. You'll know if it is worth a crap or not. Then try with a water pump that just break the surface of the water. Betting the last gives you the highest dissolved oxygen. The pump is not really a good option for you however because a pump constantly running will raise the temp of the water and you already have heat issues. It is however the best way to raise oxygen levels in any type of water.

So Shaman_fin stop wasting your breath trying to help him. He knows it all and the rest of us are just trolls to him.

He claims...

I am an experimenter as much as a grower. I grow for very light personal use only, so I don't need to produce large harvests, though that would be nice to have once again

But experimenting requires the ability to reproduce results and the only result he seems able to reproduce is root rot.

I grow for personal use as well. The difference is I like PREMIUM bud for myself not larf or crap loaded with pesticides, like the commercial crap available. The fact my grow supplies me more than I need is just a bonus. I'm not an expert but I read and learned what worked and I didn't tell people trying to help me to screw themselves like someone else we all know.

Last edited:

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well im sure he's going to report this post but here goes.

He can't keep his grow temp under control and that's his biggest issue. But as you say, anyone tries to tell him and we're trolls. I believe in his other thread he said he averaged about 85 in his grow. He uses frozen water bottles to try and keep reservoir temps down but his root zone is always sweltering. Doesn't do any good to keep the reservoir cool and have your roots hot.

He also uses the wrong type media for most everything. His root riot starter cubes are great if you're in soil or DTW Coco but in a bubbler, flood and drain or DWC root riots are a recipe for disaster as he's seen time and time again. But suggest he switch to rockwool and as usual he knows better.

His ornamental stones hold no moisture so he has to water/feed way to often and in an overly warm environment he ends up with root rot EVERY grow. If he would get a little hydroton and water only 3 times a day he might actually be able to get something out even at 85 degrees. Either that or switch to something like DTW Coco or perlite in a bato bucket and only water when dry.

If you get your temperature under control then you might actually be able to do an actual test to show if that O2grow is anything more than overpriced junk. Personally I think a small water pump just breaking the surface of the water in the reservoir will give better dissolved oxygen content than the O2grow or air stones. (Something learned from long years in the saltwater aquarium hobby)

You could actually test that O2grow without killing any plants. Go to any saltwater aquarium shop and buy a dissolved oxygen test kit. Pour 2 buckets of water. Let both buckets sit 24 hours. Test both buckets. Then run airstone in one bucket O2grow in other for 24 hours. Then test again. You'll know if it is worth a crap or not. Then try with a water pump that just break the surface of the water. Betting the last gives you the highest dissolved oxygen. The pump is not really a good option for you however because a pump constantly running will raise the temp of the water and you already have heat issues. It is however the best way to raise oxygen levels in any type of water.

So Shaman_fin stop wasting your breath trying to help him. He knows it all and the rest of us are just trolls to him.

He claims...

But experimenting requires the ability to reproduce results and the only result he seems able to reproduce is root rot.

I grow for personal use as well. The difference is I like PREMIUM bud for myself not larf or crap loaded with pesticides, like the commercial crap available. The fact my grow supplies me more than I need is just a bonus. I'm not an expert but I read and learned what worked and I didn't tell people trying to help me to screw themselves like someone else we all know.

As usual you are FOS. My temps are under control. You are spreading FALSE information. And yes, I did report this. GO AWAY

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

Why can't you take my hints and stop dropping your crap in my thread? Find something else to read and respond to

FYI, I did report you as it seems you haven't learned to stay away

Mr. J

Maybe you should just start an offline diary if you don't like other people talking to you.

Drop That Sound

02grow is basically nothing more than a hydrogen (browns gas) electrolyzer. It uses electricity to seperate the water molecules (h20 or 1 part hydrogen and 2 parts oxygen I beleive) back into hydrogen and oxygen.

From what I remember reading about the unit, it can't be all that productive, otherwise you would be turning your grow room into the hindenburg.

I used to build my own electolyzer generators out of stacks of stainless steel light switch cover plates (you had to flash freeze and heat them to remove any magnetism from the machining process), and hook them up to a battery charger or battery, and actually produced more than enough gas to run a lawnmower. I had big plans to run an old dodge ram 50 pickup on like 60-75 percent hydrogen, with the truck bed full of deepcycles that I charge with multiple battery chargers at the park for free, and pull some serious amps while waiting lol.

Anyway, one could easily make there own cell, but I think to make it work for a decent system you would be producing some serious gas, and definitaly need a flashback arrestor and a way to vent the gas. You would be wasting alot of energy by doing so.

The thought of it actually gives me a great idea. If you did build a cell that produces anything worthy of oxygenating plants, you could also use the hydrogen (on demand not stored of coarse) maybe just like a propane c02 burner. c02 and oxygen for your water cultured plants in one system!

Now I haven't taken the time to lookup whether or not combusted hydrogen gas can even produce c02 as Im just writing this, but I do know it burns very clean and is better for the environment..

Just my thoughts on the whole idea..

Drop That Sound

Oh and I forgot to mention, the cell does appear to be designed to hold up longer without breaking down or leaching into the system. Not sure how often you need to replace.

I too want to see how well it actually works, but I couldn't justify spending the cash if you needed one unit per tote. Rather build my own cell, big enough support a whole system.

Hope to see some results, so I can know if its worth reverse engineering the product from scratch and on a bigger scale.

Good luck ;)

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe you should just start an offline diary if you don't like other people talking to you.

It's not that, it's THEM. They have a history of not knowing what they are talking about as it relates to MY GROW, but feeling COMPELLED to crap in MY thread. I had the mods remove both of their stoopid posts months ago, but they just don't get the hint

See my dialog with Drop That Sound which is positive and interractive

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
02grow is basically nothing more than a hydrogen (browns gas) electrolyzer. It uses electricity to seperate the water molecules (h20 or 1 part hydrogen and 2 parts oxygen I beleive) back into hydrogen and oxygen.

From what I remember reading about the unit, it can't be all that productive, otherwise you would be turning your grow room into the hindenburg.

I used to build my own electolyzer generators out of stacks of stainless steel light switch cover plates (you had to flash freeze and heat them to remove any magnetism from the machining process), and hook them up to a battery charger or battery, and actually produced more than enough gas to run a lawnmower. I had big plans to run an old dodge ram 50 pickup on like 60-75 percent hydrogen, with the truck bed full of deepcycles that I charge with multiple battery chargers at the park for free, and pull some serious amps while waiting lol.

Anyway, one could easily make there own cell, but I think to make it work for a decent system you would be producing some serious gas, and definitaly need a flashback arrestor and a way to vent the gas. You would be wasting alot of energy by doing so.

The thought of it actually gives me a great idea. If you did build a cell that produces anything worthy of oxygenating plants, you could also use the hydrogen (on demand not stored of coarse) maybe just like a propane c02 burner. c02 and oxygen for your water cultured plants in one system!

Now I haven't taken the time to lookup whether or not combusted hydrogen gas can even produce c02 as Im just writing this, but I do know it burns very clean and is better for the environment..

Just my thoughts on the whole idea..

Yes it separates O2 and H. Unlike air pumps, it does not introduce CO2, and the micro O2 bubbles are easy for the roots to absorb. The problem is O2G is not forthcoming at least for cannabis growers. They likely want to avoid the Feds

The O2G operates 30 minutes on ~ 3-4 hours off. And yes it does create a Cl gas smell when on. PERHAPS, the CL gassing under the tote lid is toxic to the roots. Maybe I need to vent it better. Ok instead of completely covering the empty net pot slots I filled the net pots with stones just to prevent light leaks into the nutes. Now, there should be enough air venting. Fingers crossed

Update: Yesterday I made fresh nutes and turned off the COBs, now only using ~ 100w of r/b monos in hopes that lower tent temps will kickstart root development

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh and I forgot to mention, the cell does appear to be designed to hold up longer without breaking down or leaching into the system. Not sure how often you need to replace.

I too want to see how well it actually works, but I couldn't justify spending the cash if you needed one unit per tote. Rather build my own cell, big enough support a whole system.

Hope to see some results, so I can know if its worth reverse engineering the product from scratch and on a bigger scale.

Good luck ;)

Thanks. You should go to their site, but each emitter handles 10 gallons. I bought the 2010 emitter for when I moved the plants from the nursery to my F & D set ups (2 tents, 2 rezes) putting one in each ~ 5 g rez.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get there in a long time (see pic) due to outsmarting myself by thinking if I raised the water level that I would get more lateral root development. Instead I was soaking the the Rapid Rooters which kept leading to root rot

View attachment 504622 View attachment 504623 View attachment 504624

Latest posts

Latest posts