What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BLUE STING and KONA UPRISE

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
20240207_112156.jpg

StickyBandit

Blue Sting
21 days 11/13
Pure coco
EC 0.75
pH 6.0
Warm and humid ~30°c and 16°c night
LED and HPS

I hatched 8, 3 were males and 5 were females, so a good ratio but I am limited on space right now and had to choose 2 which I chose the 2 already flowering, medium height girls due to my height limit in the room
I didn't expect them to all make it and grow so well so it was a tough decision of which to cull!

BSting2.JPG
BSting3.JPG

Greatdalas

I grow them first month in terra canna substrate and all starting block(fuck terra canna) , then I add 1/3 coco and they looks better now the substrate now when dry can add water easy without lost the water, and have more hair in substrate with only terra canna was a diseade or very dry or very weat not a middle point (bad substrate, they change else this last months that makes block plants)

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I use plagron light mix and last time malawi gold didnt like it at all, zamal/oaxacan took it nicely. so I switched to biobizz light mix and I am satisfied. it depends on batch probably.

I dont have any experience with canna substrate, but their ferts cause PH swing too much for my tastes...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Can you tell us a bit about the high from Kona Gold.

it is hard. it is not edgy or speedy. it is not stony. it is balanced heady high, you can take a walk or lay on beach, close eyes and dream... it is about vibes, you feel peace, kindness and euphoric empathy. if you dont have tolerance to it, it can give trippy visuals, but not when you smoke it regularly. the guy who gave me cut call it soul feeder.

StickyBandit

Blue Sting
28 days 11/13

The B Stings are growing fast and tall in the hempys, leaves are looking quite narrow. What is the lineage again? they look similar to a haze I have growing
It's early days yet but the front girl smells a little hazy and the back one more creamy on the stalk rub
They're about 1500mm tall

BSting1.JPG
BSting2.JPG

Last edited:

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
looks good Sticky. too bad you culled those more sativa ones... I think that people focus on what is in too much. but what is more important than what is in, is ratio or proportion. how singular elements relate to each other. this is polyhybrid, so we have many elements in Blue Sting. blue genetics, diesel, vietnamese and classic A5 genetics... now this ratio will differ from pheno to pheno... so it is not like with Mindblower you grew, that in 5 females you can get relative uniformity and I would be able to tell you what you will get.. this is not that case.

H3ad inspires me in this, he was master of making these cocktail hybrids... RESPECT.

American cocktail style. it may sound like pollen chucking, but difference between pollen chucker and breeder is that pollen chucker is thoughtless, while real thought comes from Ether to mind of breeder and strongly vibrates there.

StickyBandit

looks good Sticky. too bad you culled those more sativa ones... I think that people focus on what is in too much. but what is more important than what is in, is ratio or proportion. how singular elements relate to each other. this is polyhybrid, so we have many elements in Blue Sting. blue genetics, diesel, vietnamese and classic A5 genetics... now this ratio will differ from pheno to pheno... so it is not like with Mindblower you grew, that in 5 females you can get relative uniformity and I would be able to tell you what you will get.. this is not that case.

H3ad inspires me in this, he was master of making these cocktail hybrids... RESPECT.

American cocktail style. it may sound like pollen chucking, but difference between pollen chucker and breeder is that pollen chucker is thoughtless, while real thought comes from Ether to mind of breeder and strongly vibrates there.
Thanks for the reply Maha, I wasn't prepared for the stretch! I had veged them too long and was unable to keep the taller ones due to my room height. I wanted to grow them out naturally without topping since this is a brand new cross. These were the tallest ones I was able to keep!
Sounds like it will be a tasty cross! The description explains the thin leaves and the big red dot where the petiole joins the leaf. She's certainly vigorous :D

MallardDuck

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks to @MAHA KALA for being a pal over the last few years. I raised over 2k Cad in my latest charity auction - this one for the Brain Tumour Association of Canada - @MAHA KALAs beans raised the most per seed over any other in my auction so congrats bud.

Also here is some Tropical Boogies vegging out. My first time running coco or Jacks so a few hiccups but good so far.

1708806748830.jpeg

JustGrowing420

Hey guys, kinda late to the party, so here are my 5 Blue Sting females 11/13 from seed (planted 24 jan)

First 3 faster onset of flowering
blue sting 2,1,3.jpg

other 2 look longer flowering for sure
blue sting 4,5.jpg

Getting mentholated/blue/fuely smells upon handling for now

Last edited: