What's new

B.C. receives exemption to decriminalize possession of some illegal drugs for personal use

moose eater

Annnnd.. Back to B.C.'s proposal re. decriminalizing drugs.

re. Trout's point, I have yet to hear of anyone dying from a lethal acid OD. I've had trips (1975/1976) where it took me a day or two to properly structure a sentence in speaking again after ingesting 4 tabs of respectable acid, but never heard of anyone ODing, per se'.

Last edited:

RobFromTX

A lot of people don't eat bear, and just hunt it for the hide, claws, teeth and (in the case of black bear) gall bladders.
We eat bear, though I haven't actively hunted it since July 1987. Also the last year I intentionally applied any effort to fishing for pike. A 'no more harassing things with big/sharp teeth' sort of declarartion.

Bear I've eaten since July 1987 are those that others killed, who didn't intend to process the meat. Ground into sausage (sometimes with moose meat included), or canned in jars, but sometimes, rarely, fresh, too.

The trichinosis in bear is different from that in pork; doesn't avail itself to cold curing in a freezer over time as readily, per the Cooperative Extension Service and other resources.

Never shot a bear that didn't have at least 2 or 3 visible parasites in it, to include round worms and tape worms.
Well thats an unsettling thought :oops: . Ive never eaten bear before but I hear it really doesn't stand out. If i lived in some of those rural areas id probably put a little of everything on my menu, within the laws ofcourse. But ive always been a big fisherman myself and youve got some serious variety on your hands. Thats the kind of place i guy could pull off being a pescatarian. Back to narc watch though

troutman

Seed Whore
They vary from animal to animal, time of the season they're taken in, the domain they primarily live in, etc

I've always preferred calf of the year to 2 year-olds for the best tender meat. The ones taken in early
November in the maple hills when there's a few inches of snow being the best of all. Cold temps just
below -0C help with keeping the meat from spoiling or going sour.

moose eater

I've always preferred calf of the year to 2 year-olds for the best tender meat. The ones taken in early
November in the maple hills when there's a few inches of snow being the best of all. Cold temps just
below -0C help with keeping the meat from spoiling or going sour.
We found calves to be stringy, short on meat, and not possessing the sought after properties of properly raised veal.

edit: It was a true disappointment. But we got over it. Didn't shoot another one after that though.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
not gonna eat bear, which is why i just watch them when they walk under my tree stands. last i read, bears and swine were the only carriers of trichinosis i am aware of. gotta be damn careful dressing them, and meat must be well-done...which is ANOTHER reason i'm not eating/hunting them. pretty sure it has been eradicated in domestic hogs. been wrong before, though...:shucks:

Rider420

Is that why the left doubled all cannabis sentences in Canada? Because the conservatives are nazis?
Another conservative republican who does not have a clue about what's going on. Under the laws that the Conservatives had it was a mandatory six months sentence for growing six plants. Under the Liberals its legal to grow four plants and a 200 dollar fine for six plants. That's right from 6 months in jail to a 200 fine.

Mar 2, 2011 — Pot growers will get six months in jail if they have a grow-op with six or more plants, if the federal Conservatives can pass a tough-on-crime

The Liberals "left" legalized cannabis in Canada in 2018. While the Conservatives opposed it.

"All but one member of the Conservative Party, including Scheer, voted against legalizing marijuana last year. However, if elected to the majority, Scheer said lawmakers wouldn’t seek to overturn the law."

The Liberals are also removing the mandatory minimums that the Conservatives brought in for drugs.

"Bill C-5, which passed third reading in the House of Commons with a vote of 206 to 117, would amend the Criminal Code to remove mandatory minimum sentences for all drug convictions and for some firearms and tobacco-related offences."

Last edited:

Rider420

We found calves to be stringy, short on meat, and not possessing the sought after properties of properly raised veal.

edit: It was a true disappointment. But we got over it. Didn't shoot another one after that though.
While I will eat beef I would not touch veal with a ten foot pole. If you google veal I doubt you will ever eat it again. Unless you like the ideal of torturing animals. FYI properly raised veal is a young cow that is confined in a box where they can't even move hence why the meat is so tender.
The new law, authored by the Humane Society of the United States, bans the sale of veal from calves and pork from breeding pigs when the animals are confined to areas below the minimum space requirements.
Same for foie gras.
Foie gras has been banned in many cities around the world because its production has questionable ethics, requiring ducks and geese to be force-fed to enlarge their livers until they grow up to 10 times their normal size.

RobFromTX

not gonna eat bear, which is why i just watch them when they walk under my tree stands. last i read, bears and swine were the only carriers of trichinosis i am aware of. gotta be damn careful dressing them, and meat must be well-done...which is ANOTHER reason i'm not eating/hunting them. pretty sure it has been eradicated in domestic hogs. been wrong before, though...:shucks:
Besides dressing a wild hog is one hell of an experience. I don't know what they eat to make them smell that way but damn :oops:

moose eater

While I will eat beef I would not touch veal with a ten foot pole. If you google veal I doubt you will ever eat it again. Unless you like the ideal of torturing animals. FYI properly raised veal is a young cow that is confined in a box where they can't even move hence why the meat is so tender.
The new law, authored by the Humane Society of the United States, bans the sale of veal from calves and pork from breeding pigs when the animals are confined to areas below the minimum space requirements.
Same for foie gras.
Foie gras has been banned in many cities around the world because its production has questionable ethics, requiring ducks and geese to be force-fed to enlarge their livers until they grow up to 10 times their normal size.
Thanks.

I know how veal is raised. I don't eat them. It was a comparison of meat quality and tenderness; calf moose to young beef/veal. Calf moose is a waste of a moose that could've been much better eating later on, and provided much greater amounts of meat, too.

Last edited:

Dime

Another conservative republican who does not have a clue about what's going on. Under the laws that the Conservatives had it was a mandatory six months sentence for growing six plants. Under the Liberals its legal to grow four plants and a 200 dollar fine for six plants. That's right from 6 months in jail to a 200 fine.

Mar 2, 2011 — Pot growers will get six months in jail if they have a grow-op with six or more plants, if the federal Conservatives can pass a tough-on-crime

The Liberals "left" legalized cannabis in Canada in 2018. While the Conservatives opposed it.

"All but one member of the Conservative Party, including Scheer, voted against legalizing marijuana last year. However, if elected to the majority, Scheer said lawmakers wouldn’t seek to overturn the law."

The Liberals are also removing the mandatory minimums that the Conservatives brought in for drugs.

"Bill C-5, which passed third reading in the House of Commons with a vote of 206 to 117, would amend the Criminal Code to remove mandatory minimum sentences for all drug convictions and for some firearms and tobacco-related offences."
Now they are removing,the fact is now the grow penalties are dble. The left has abandoned what they once stood for and now want to control. They fought against "the man" now they like to remove a link or 2 every few months. It's pesudo legal. How much does it cost to get into legal cannabis trade? What restrictions before you can apply? If you have a record it's hell getting into it if you can at all and yet it's "legal", I guess you see it different.It's not for the every day working man/woman.

moose eater

Besides dressing a wild hog is one hell of an experience. I don't know what they eat to make them smell that way but damn :oops:
Depends on boars versus sows. Boars need to be castrated early on in order to avoid gamey flavors and smells. Once butchered 2 boars and a sow of some larger pot-bellied pigs, having been too many years since doing similar on the farm, and we processed all 3 animals, right down to smoking hams. A lot of work went into those pigs.

I inadvertantly gave the sow to a mechanic I knew, as a gift, and sent one of the boars to the bush via a charter flight that was headed out that way, keeping the other one.

Shortly thereafter, as I was preparing a skillet of thin-sliced country style ribs (not ribs at all, but cut from the pork butt roast) and noting the unpleasant smell in my own kitchen, I got a radio call from the bush (they didn't have cell connectivity there at that time); he was yelling into the phone/mic, asking me "(if I'd) prepared any of that shit yet??!! I can't get the fucking smell out of my house!!!""

Big difference between mature castrated and non-castrated boars. HUGE difference. Categorized under 'mistakes that don't get repeated very often.'

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Big difference between mature castrated and non-castrated boars. HUGE difference. Categorized under 'mistakes
that don't get repeated very often.'
not sure how they slip into the food chain, but i've bought bacon before that was obviously from a boar in season. grocery stores always take it back and apologize, give refund or swap out. makes me want to sand blast my cast iron skillets...:frown:

moose eater

not sure how they slip into the food chain, but i've bought bacon before that was obviously from a boar in season. grocery stores always take it back and apologize, give refund or swap out. makes me want to sand blast my cast iron skillets...:frown:
They often make the breakfast sausages out of them, and mix them in with seasoning and other pork. But the flavor, even in a huge batchof sausage, can still come through a bit.

Not unlike street dealers and others cutting their wares with garbage. I guess they figure the baby laxative/vitamin B/pseudocaine/etc. and milk powder has to go some place; may as well be into the coke and smack..

Rider420

Now they are removing,the fact is now the grow penalties are dble. The left has abandoned what they once stood for and now want to control. They fought against "the man" now they like to remove a link or 2 every few months. It's pesudo legal. How much does it cost to get into legal cannabis trade? What restrictions before you can apply? If you have a record it's hell getting into it if you can at all and yet it's "legal", I guess you see it different.It's not for the every day working man/woman.
Who is the MAN buddy? Is he Q or is Q our saviour? Love those conspiracy theories its all a plot against you eh.

BTW here is the facts on starting a legal grow.

License Screening Fee: $1,638

Security Clearance Fee: about $10,000 depending on staff size

Import/Export Permit: $610

Annual Regulatory Fee: $2,500

Approximate total Micro Cultivation Licence Cost: $14,748

Extra costs:
  • Facility Cost
  • Upkeep and maintenance cost
  • Labor Cost
  • Technology Cost
  • Supply Cost
  • Cannabis Taxes

New micro grow license applicants will need to pay an application screening fee. This fee for micro grows is non-refundable. Standard sized cannabis growers pay an application screening fee of $3,277, but micro cultivation, micro processing, and nurseries pay only $1,638. Health Canada provides this example:

Micro cultivation license applicants also need to pay a fee for the cost of processing their security clearances. Each person needing security clearance will have to pay a fee of $1,654. Depending on staff size, security clearance fees can range from $8,270 for five individuals to $13,232 for eight individuals.

Dime

Who is the MAN buddy? Is he Q or is Q our saviour? Love those conspiracy theories its all a plot against you eh.

BTW here is the facts on starting a legal grow.

License Screening Fee: $1,638

Security Clearance Fee: about $10,000 depending on staff size

Import/Export Permit: $610

Annual Regulatory Fee: $2,500

Approximate total Micro Cultivation Licence Cost: $14,748

Extra costs:
  • Facility Cost
  • Upkeep and maintenance cost
  • Labor Cost
  • Technology Cost
  • Supply Cost
  • Cannabis Taxes

New micro grow license applicants will need to pay an application screening fee. This fee for micro grows is non-refundable. Standard sized cannabis growers pay an application screening fee of $3,277, but micro cultivation, micro processing, and nurseries pay only $1,638. Health Canada provides this example:

Micro cultivation license applicants also need to pay a fee for the cost of processing their security clearances. Each person needing security clearance will have to pay a fee of $1,654. Depending on staff size, security clearance fees can range from $8,270 for five individuals to $13,232 for eight individuals.
Yeah ok buddy that chump change will make one a player in the legal market. Go do it show me.

Rider420

Yeah ok buddy that chump change will make one a player in the legal market. Go do it show me.
LOL its an oversaturated market that no ones going to turn a profit on.
Mark Twain figured it out over a hundred years ago.
“Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. Fanatics will never learn that, though it be written in letters of gold across the sky. It is the prohibition that makes anything precious

CannaZen

got over an addiction years ago now don't remember then. Grown them. like feeling good from that were cheating something natural and threw away the seeds without consumption. What were worse being misdiagnosed at an early age. Hid. Been given the wrong kinds of psychotropic drugs. (at least I think they altered the me) today though I accept my diagnosisbut I am clueless. I believe that papaver, in the botanical sense.. not sure what is apropriate.appropriate. I'm trying to come to terms frankly I have the seeds and they're flowers. I guess
I didn't want to come from that.

Last edited:

Rider420

Been given the wrong kinds of psychotropic drugs.
Blame your doctor and the medical community at large. Hell is for kids.
Drugs were prominent during my earliest years.

But once your an adult you have to take responsibility for your choices. My dad was an alcoholic and blamed it on his dad what an easy excuse for me to choose too. Obese people blame fast food. Drug addicts blame the drugs.
FYI If food was the cause of obesity then we would all be obese. And if drugs were the cause of addictions how do you explain gambling addictions?
BTW I smoked tobacco for 18 years before quitting it was my choice to start and in the end it was my choice to stop. As for alcohol I never needed a drink like I did a cigarette but drinking is not something I do daily due to my fathers addiction to it. In the end its a matter of willpower and what matters the most to you in other words its your choice and the only person to blame or thank is yourself.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
some unfortunate folks are what is called "addictive-prone personalities", but many are like me. i've had friends that were alcoholic that i drank with, pill-eating buddies that i went on binges with, coke fiends, i loved biker meth in my twenties, tried smoking crack, smoked/snorted heroin...never found anything that i could not just walk away from. well, women maybe... :smoke: then, there's weed. been smoking it since i was 11, 54 years now. but i go for days or weeks sometimes without getting high. it's a long-term habit, but it's not an addiction.

Latest posts

Latest posts