What's new

Adding dolomite flowering??

trixP

Ph soil has dropped on end week four of 9/10.

5.8 and 5:5 my 2 girls

should I add a bit of dolomite or big no no
Watering cycle
water feed water feed always ph 6./3

Thanks

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Ph soil has dropped on end week four of 9/10.

5.8 and 5:5 my 2 girls

should I add a bit of dolomite or big no no
Watering cycle
water feed water feed always ph 6./3

Thanks
NO not to the soil. The low pH is a sign of too many salts in the substrate If your incoming water pH is 6.3 with with nutrients, that should be enough to buffer the pH over time. Also if you raise the incoming pH just a little to 6.5 and or reduce the amount of nutrients in the water that should buffer the pH as well.

trixP

NO not to the soil. The low pH is a sign of too many salts in the substrate If your incoming water pH is 6.3 with with nutrients, that should be enough to buffer the pH over time. Also if you raise the incoming pH just a little to 6.5 and or reduce the amount of nutrients in the water that should buffer the pH as well.

Well I put 3 tablespoon in 7 gal hope that doesn’t fuck shit up to much

Only added to one

trixP

Plants will adjust to consistent PH,they won't adjust to constant fluctuations,go with Creepers advice.
What I’m doing going forward wasn’t aware could do this

Only added to the bigger yellower plant and not much hoping for best case still have 5/6 weeks to go

Terpyterps

I do add little bit dolomite always for my organic soil grow and also when transition to flower add bit more with other top dress nutrients. Might add also later on once or twice BioBizz calmag if they are looking like they might benefit from it. Only thing is that you have to train your eyes to see the problems one or two weeks before.

X15

Do you have room to add a fresh layer of soil to the pot? Like an inch or so? That may offer some help with out shocking the plants too much.

Terpyterps

Do you have room to add a fresh layer of soil to the pot? Like an inch or so? That may offer some help with out shocking the plants too much.
Yes and that extra space usually comes just from water pressing the soil down and it gets bit more compressed. When top dressing usually I also add worm castings and little bit soil and work all that into the top soil.

trixP

Am I need to add soil the roots are literally everywhere my girls are thirsty and strong

trixP

Got my soil back to 6.5 for my bigger one the one I added the dolomite and my other girl is 6.6

Raising 6.5 my nutrient solution in 2 water it’s did the trick !!!

I am synganic orgsnic soil with salt syn feeding as it’s my first check out ;)

X15

Yes and that extra space usually comes just from water pressing the soil down and it gets bit more compressed. When top dressing usually I also add worm castings and little bit soil and work all that into the top soil.
I generally lose space in the top of the pot due to the root mass in the pot getting large. It’s always a great idea to add worm castings when top dressing. Nice work!

Terpyterps

Yes, it’s easy way to keep your plants having those micronutrients and boost again microbial life also. It makes my life easier when I have few things less to do when microbes are taking care of PH. I have 6 gallon pots and I give my plants every 2-4 days water so far, but I give them only 1L of water each plant, idea here is that I don’t let my soil dry too much because of the microbes. So far that seems to be sweet spot for these plants, but I know that every single plant is different and one of them Strawberry Gorilla from Fast Buds is bit finicky and I might have to skip once in a while one watering with her, but other than that they are doing good. I recommend keeping a record for the amount and sequence of watering when you have multiple cultivars in your grow. It helps seeing things in a bigger picture what might be hard if you don’t have any data. I do also add some special events too, example adding Green Sensation, because I can backtrack if there is some issues later on.

trixP

I’m in 6/7 gal pots I’m maxed roots overload

A gallon each plant every 2 days, 1 of 2 always needs watering between, getting crazy fade only day 37

Terpyterps

No idea of the security. Solid question though. I’ll switch to smaller ones next run, might go just with 3-4 gallon pots.