What's new

4th grow: Black Jack, Ice Cream (400W HPS)

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
Hi tumblepop :D

I'm growing some Black Jack too... Today they are at 46° day from 12/12..

Can you tell me something about their nutes assimilation? I give them 1,5ml/l of Pk 13-14 and 2,5-3 ml/l of Alga-Bloom (plagron) every irrigation and don't show any problems... how do you feed yuor baby? They looks very resonous :headbange

Sorry for my poor english :wallbash:

Last edited:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice looking plants, I've got a single female Black Jack growing. I hope she turns out like these shots, they look top quality :yes:

phate

Veteran
blackjack rocks. i've seen 1 grow where the thrichs got so big they burst leaving a honey oil type resin secretion dripping down the buds.

your in for a treat. nice strains. K+

vindiesel

Veteran
ice cream looks silly. so u are gonna go about 63 days? i'm only on day 20 or so with the ice cream. let us know how they smoke and plz post dry bud shots when u have...

Tumblepop

I'm going to chop them on day 60 maybe.. 90% or more of pistils are red!
For a dry bud shot we have to wait until june..
You will find lots of interesting phenos on IC.. :yes:

TP
My Blackjack didn't have a nana on it. Interesting you are also getting beans without stressing - a genetic trait or a consequence of forced feminizing? I can't say that I totally mind as this would be my fav heady if it weren't for its couch lock stone.

I hope that the beans produce the same style flower. As of now all 8 are remarkably similar and stable - a good sign. I would assume that these seeds should also be feminized have come from a feminized plant?

The only difference with their mother is that they are stretching a bit more, though they are under a MH light while the mother was flowered almost immediately after sprouting under HPS.

Looking forward to your harvest shots and smoke report.

cheers

ps... my prized AK99 - gorgeous plant.

Last edited:

Tumblepop

Maybe it is caused by force feminizing.. but, I remember I have reading that seeds sprouted out of a feminized plants should be 99% fem.. or hermie maybe!

Is that AK99 from JW? ..looks very delicious..

Some random shots of day 58 12/12:

- - -

The IC in the 3rd pic has left a lot of superior leaves.. I think I will chop them on Saturday.. day 60..

Painfull

I have two blackjacks going now and they both lean toward the indica side. So i will watch the tric's when in flower and stay away from a lot of the amber. Looking for a good balance of high/stone effect.

Painfull :headbange

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Tumblepop: what's with the curling of the leaves on that third pix of the Ice Cream?
Is that fert. curl....?

Tumblepop

I dont think it is caused by ferts.. I dont use them since day 45 12/12!
I had some porblems with soil in this run.. Watch forward for next grow with an accurate preparation of soil..

G

WEll done mang.........

Good looking tasty ice cream cones there!
Nice job on the pics too........

the AK99 is from JW (thru Hem Depot) - elite potential for low bucks... as good a value as the Blackjack. You are bound to get a keeper mother form a 10 pack.

cheers

Jare

Genetics' hunter
Veteran
That's my room... 3 Black Jack and 1 CheeseGH (normal skunky pheno :badday: )... Yesterday first BJ is gone, its smell is too similar at its father, JACK HERER :headbange :bashhead:

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've just got a single Black Jack Girl going at the moment, I hope you don't mind - here's a shot of her, she's starting flowering this weekend. :wave:

Tumblepop

Finally, I can show my last grow's fruits!
In order from left to right: BJ (more JH pheno), BJ (rotten pheno), IC (sativa), IC (indica and resionous), IC (icecream smell)..
I'm trying the two BJ in these days.. the second one has not a great bag appeal but is very strong! ..IT's not the time to explain the smoking bouquet..only 25 days of drying! Updates with S.R. soon

- - - -

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Congrats....totally f-ing insane. This thread made me crack my IC and OPIUM beans.
I'm hoping for the indica phenotypes.....especially ones that smell like ice cream!

You scream...I scream....we all scream....for IC.