What's new

4th grow: Black Jack, Ice Cream (400W HPS)

Gosh they are real nice vibrant pics Tumblepop, I may have to wallpaper one.
Oh, and if you live in Europe, you'll have some good smoke for spring/summer time.
Enjoy the smoke when it comes anyway man.

And iskapet, there looking good too man, nice work.

Tumblepop

Thanks for the words guys!!!!!..
Few minutes ago.. I found 3 beans on the BJ.. I can't see male flower; Everyday I look for stealth male flower..but nothing.. Hope I'll have only these 3!

Last edited:
G

Never heard of that flavor but...

Never heard of that flavor but...

I'll take a double scoop with sprinkles and a sugar cone!!BANGBANG!!!Chaco. :joint: :joint:

Painfull

I have two Blackjacks in veg. right now. Wonder if they will lean toward the sativa or indica side. They are too small to tell yet. When did you tell? 50/50 would be ideal. :headbange

Tumblepop

It depends by pheno.. Mine are both on sativa side.. but,the mutant one is a low yielder..
This is how looks today..day 47 12/12

Tumblepop

Chiefsmokingbud: No, popped 4 out of 5 and all plants were very vigorous at 18/6.. almost no stretching at 12/12.

teddybud: thanks man!

Here an IC at day 47 12/12 few minutes before lamp off!

35039ic47222.jpg

Tumblepop

Yes, in my opinion.. there are too much milky pistils (30-40%) at moment!
depends by pheno but, 65-70 days are good for 90-95% red pistils..

vindiesel

Veteran
45 days i think was recommended flowering time when i bought them.... not sure how long i will flower.

Tumblepop

Vendor says "55-60 days indoor".. But, it's not important! You have to chop your plants when thay are ready! I never take plants thinking the number of days in the label..
Posts your pics when you think to chop.. certainly somebody will help you in your choice..

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Luc's strains are top notch , thats a sure bet .... , you better want to revegg your favourite IceCream ... , you can do this over the summer just with a small lamp and a your regular venting system ... and start a new show with many Ic's and some other things in the fall :D ....

good growing

Fj

Tumblepop

Fj, do you know why Paradise doesn't give infoes about lineage? Unfortunately I can't revegg my best IC due to high temp (30° or more with lamps off in the summer).. :( but for the next grow I will try one between Nebula and Sensi Star.. I read only good comments about them.. and if i can I'll buy some HTC Skunk IBL..

Tumblepop

Hi guys,
just some random pics of day 53 12/12.. I think 10 days before chopping! :D
Ice cream starts to show some nice colours..

- - -

35039IC2_53.jpg

Tumble

Tumble

TP - please do let us know how that rock-solid beauty smokes.

Your photo (which bye the way is first rate - kudos to your skills) makes me wonder if I didn't chop my Blackjack too early. The calyxes were not as swollen as yours are.

The smell was very skunky and strong. My large carbon scrubber and 450 cfm fan couldn't keep the odor under control in the 4x4 hut. She cured to a sweeter smell with a hint of citrus and grapefruit. When squeezed a stronger side of pungent, offensive skunk. The taste is the best I currently have in my garden (AK99, Jack the Ripper & Blackjack - Belladonna, Mandala #1 & Violator Kush pending flower and harvest).

The smoke is rapid to the head, meandering down to the shoulders and once it hits the back it embraces the muscles around my spine. I have found it somewhat couch-lock, a nice compliment to my sativa dominant garden. A couple hits of the Blackjack with a couple hits of the JTR and thought is very inspiring. Allow for very introspective, insightful thinking.

All in all, the Blackjack is first rate genetics, forms chunky nugs of the highest order density.

All of course with my experience. I am fortunate to have stressed this lady and received 15 beans in return - 8 of which are sprouted, thriving and nearing their entry into a flowering cycle. Any thoughts on sending these outdoors?

cheers all (ps - my apologies for my sub-par photo skills)

Blackjack

JTR

AK99

DRorganic

Veteran
man tumbletop those 2 strins are covered in crystal man you are lucky.good looking grow keep up the good work and keep it green.

Tumblepop

Haze-Silly: Yes, BJ has a very fruity smell.. I don't know wich BD or JH they used but..for that price is a good choice! But, I think they have some stealth male flowers because mine have some seeds too without stress..

DRorganic: thanks!