What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4th 70w hps Computer SCROG

M

mikeraach

Week 4 update. I didn't spray with serenade as directed (no sign after a week, figured it was gone) but on Thursday there was a little growing again :bashhead:. I sprayed them with serenade Thursday night and they are looking good still. I hate how this stuff burns the pistils though and makes them not smell good for a few days. Thats why I didn't want to spray them a second time around. Now it looks like I'll have to spray a 3rd time next Wednesday just to make sure...

First a movie (heh my snake was awake and roaming--must have been from the smell :rasta:

And for some pics:

M

mikeraach

Small update. Watered tonight and sprayed them last night with serenade. Hopefully my PM will be a problem of the past.

One of the bud sites started to grow a weird growth on the top. I pretty sure it was a banana and I carefully removed it.

I also took a few pics, heres the winner out of the group. If you want a high res copy for a desktop picture click here

Its the same picture as below (just at 6 megapixel)

waydee

Yep that looks like a forming male flower, keep a close eye and pluck them off and you should be fine.

Plants look great, I really hope you hit 2oz. I think you will or you'll come really close which will be an awesome yield for a 70w in such a small space, very well done.

M

mikeraach

Week 5 and things are going strong. The Pot of Gold is getting very dense and is definitely showing its superiority over the Lavender. Should be interesting to see in 3 weeks...

Video

Front:

Back:

K

kidkannabis

Great looking plants Mikeraach.Love the way they filled the screen.But may i ask what are those clear vynil tubing for?CO2?

J

Jebus11

Thats a sweet Scrog, can't wait to see what kind of gram/watt u get, looks like it will be high!

M

mikeraach

Thanks guys, I hope I get a really good g/watt ratio as well.

The tubes are for the drainage. They are connected to holes in the bottom of the blue planter and I raise them to the position you see in the pictures when not watering/draining.

K

kidkannabis

NIcely done mikeraach. Great idea for draining any sitting water in the planter.Your plants look great.keep us posted with new updates and pics.

M

mikeraach

Week 6. My lavender cut started to turn yellow on the upper leaves on a few of its buds and stopped growing. I tested the runoff ph and it was fine which led me to the only other thing it could be--cal/mag. For me the cal/mag def usually don't look like the pictures, so I don't think its the problem. Instead, the growth stops and there is usually slight yellowing. I took a little too long to try and correct this though, it had been going on for about a week. Its growing again now, but it is once again put more behind the Pot of Gold. You can clearly see the size difference in how they are filled out in the pics. Oh well, as long as things continue good I think I'll still get ~20 grams.

My Pot of Gold...mmm that sure is shaping up. Very plump and 2 1/2 weeks to go! There are 20 bud sites on her which if they are dense (they look like they are) will be around ~2 grams each.

Video Week 6

Front:

Back:

Last edited:
M

mikeraach

:cuss: Damn mildew showed its head again tonight once again attacking the lavender. Lots of small spots in 5 places I counted. I really didn't want to at 2 weeks till harvest, but I sprayed them with serenade.

I was planning on revegging both and keeping the genetics, but would this classify the lavender as being weak against PM since the POG still hasn't gotten it? Is it possible that if I cloned the lav and made sure the PM was dead from the beginning (spray with serenade before flower), would I still get PM? I like this strain because of its short nodes and would like to grow it again, but not sure if its worth it.

G

i would assume that if you eradicate the PM on a clone as well as your cab i think it would depend on your environment after that, but initially it would be gone

M

mikeraach

Week 7 update.

Things still going good except the lavender seems to have seeds on the lower buds. Its very odd because I have not seen any pollen sacks since the one I took off. My pot of gold doesn't look seeded at all so I think the lav just pollinated herself. Done with that strain--sucks with PM and hermies. I finally have a good grow and I get screwed by poor genetics in the only department I can't fight. My mini dehumidifier did nothing except make my room hotter and noisier. All my other grows with 60% humidity none have had PM but other problems caused by me (bad environment/nutes). Lucky me. I'm done small scale, time to move to a dresser. I think I could make it more discreet than my computer and it will yield ~4 times as much!

Week 7 video

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Oh my God!! Now I have to have one of these. I happen to have an extra computer and two computer fans with a 42 watt cfl. wow, i do have all the stuff. isn't it great growing. screw the the 42 i'll purchas a 70 in about 4 to five weeks. I guess i'll join the club.

G

very nice mike, do you have an approximation on when these will be coming down?

Latest posts

Latest posts