What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4th 70w hps Computer SCROG

KingOllie

I see that you are still using your box with your containers in it. Is that just to catch the drainage overflow? I guess it makes it a little easier to move them around too, eh?

M

mikeraach

Thanks for the props guys.

I hope to get about 2oz, but we'll see. Thats what I've been hoping the last 3 grows, but something always happened and I got much less.

The screen is made of coat hangers and tie wire that has been hot glued in place. In the corners I used coat hangers to raise it above the blue tub. I then hooked the hangers to the blue tub.

So to answer your question KingOllie, the blue bin supplies support for the screen, makes it easier to move since I only have to move 1 thing, and it makes collecting the run off water much easier this way.

Temps are 6-8F above ambient directly below my plastic shield. Crazy its this high with all the air flow I have. Fan blowing up through the canopy, fan blowing at the light above the plastic shield and a lasko fan pulling all the air out externally. I used to not have all of this air flow and the plants still grew decently, but they stretched much more and the buds were airy.

Mike.. You are running 2 plants in there correct? You hope your total yield will be 2oz? or 2oz per plant... Just trying to figure out what i can expect from a DWC in a case... Finally mailin out the cash for my seeds today, so im gettin excited to start :jump:

M

mikeraach

Yes 2 plants, have been since grow #2. I wish 2 oz per plant, but more realistically I think 1oz-1.5 per plant is possible. The best I've done so far is 2/3oz total---but thats been with heat and fert problems. So far this grow has been problem less and hopefully it'll stay that way so I get a decent yeild!

Good luck with your grow Mushu

M

mikeraach

Figures with my luck, this grow I actually did get powdery mildew. As the name states, this stuff is powdery and looks kinda flufy. My plants went from being fine on Tuesday night to having PM all over on Wednesday night. I sprayed with serenade and when I checked on it last night there was no signs of PM.

I dont quite understand why they got attacked so bad, my humidity has been 50-60 in my room. There even was PM on the leaves directly above the fan! At any rate, I just bought a mini dehumidifier (uses peltier technology) that I'm hoping will work for my closet. I'll post some pics when I get it.

Wednesday night:

Last night:

Blue_adept

looking really good man, i was just wondering what the noise output of your scrubber is. i envision it to be almost none, but thats quite a bit of plastic tubing.

BlueAdept

smokeymacpot

Veteran
remove those fan leaves underneath the screen. alot of them arent gonna get any light anyway. that shud lessen the mould problems.

M

mikeraach

Week 3 update. That serenade sure kicked the PM's ass. No signs of it now, but they are going to get sprayed again on Wednesday for good measure.

Things are looking good.

Here, have a video... Week 3 Video

Some other pics:

blackone

Veteran
Looking good - I'm happy to see you killed that PM - could have made a mess out of such a small and tight garden. Everything is looking green and healthy now, it's gonna be nice to watch them grow up.

G

we need a give this man an applause smiley, that is a tight micro scrog

You just put that engineering economic analysis book in there just to make us all feel jealous of your smarts...

Haha... Lookin good bro... Keept it up!

PS.. And what was that other person doing? Looked like they were wrapping a wire around something...

M

mikeraach

Thanks guys, I hope everything goes smoothly from here on.

As for that Economics book...blah. You should see the books I have under that stack...Mechanics of Materials, Dynamics, Thermodynamics, etc--an engineer pothead.
I'll be posting some of my inventions I've engineered (not really, just made) since I've been smoking such as my home made volcano--for $15.

Oh, and that 2nd person was me. It's just really awkward holding the camera and lamp while recording. The wire was just the cord from the lamp. My room is too dark when lights are on (9pm-9am) to get decent movies without the extra light source.

Oh ok.. I thought it was a lady haha... unless you are :bashhead:

Homemade volcano for 15?? Please.. tell me more haha.. Would love to see how you made that... Feel free to PM me unless your going to make a post somewhere... I'm still in the process of making my PC case, and its been fun... I swam for the past 16 years of my life and went to school so i've missed out on alot of stuff that normal kids get to do... and damn.. i gotta say.. i miss building stuff and using my brain :biglaugh:

G

That's really awesome. I'm building a 70w HPS server case and if you can get 2 oz like you hope to, that would make me very excited. I'll be watching your thread for sure.

Latest posts

Latest posts